What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 - Raiders 22-23 Panthers @ GIO

Round 14: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 14
Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Friday 8 June 2018

Gates 4:45pm / NRL 6pm

TL-CAN18.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Dunamis Lui 9. Siliva Havili 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Iosia Soliola 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Josh Papalii
Interchange: 14. Ata Hingano 15. Luke Bateman 16. Charlie Gubb 17. Liam Knight 18. Emre Guler 19. Michael Oldfield 20. Jack Murchie 21. Craig Garvey

TL-PEN18.png

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Christian Crichton 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Dean Whare 5. Tyrone Phillips 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Trent Merrin 9. Sione Katoa 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawera Naera 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris
Interchange: 14. Wayde Egan 15. Kaide Ellis 16. Viliame Kikau 17. James Tamou 18. Jarome Luai 19. Tyrone May 20. Tom Eisenhuth 21. Nick Lui-toso

REF-RED-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Henry Perenara, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Bryan Norrie

Feeder team matches
PANTHERS (NSWRL) & RAIDERS (NSWRL - Mounties)
SAT
Warriors v Mounties @ QBE Stadium, Flegg 11am AEST
Panthers Flegg Bye
Panthers & Mounties ISP Bye​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFrog

Coach
The Raiders need to win 8 of their 12 remaining games, and looking at the draw, its hard to see where those wins will come from. They are a show here at home with up to four Panthers backing up after well under 48 hours, but except for RCG, the pack that smashed the Dragons is fresh as a daisy. Another performance anything like that and the visitors will be victorious, but of course it'll be more likely if the halves back up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hard to say considering our halves will both beplaying on Wednesday and its impossible to know who will or won't backup for us.

Assuming no one did Raiders would be favorites but I give us a chance still. Raiders have been pretty average so far, so even if our halves are both out we have a comparable spine. I give us a good chance regardless.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hard to tip these ones prior to knowing who’s backing up from Origin. Would think Panthers. Raiders will make its entertaining one way or another though.

Exsilium

First Grade
Raiders by 8

Panthers to rest their origin players and play some talented juniors

TheFrog

Coach
I'll be surprised if one of the halves doesn't play in this game, most likely Cleary. Also Peachey. I'd expect to see Tamou start and do big minutes. If RCG doesn't play we're debuting a front rower. Hetherington's suspension comes at a bad time.

TheFrog

Coach
Canberra are now favourites for this game, after it was evens since the market opened 10 days ago. Why? The only reason I can think of is because Phil Gould said on his podcast he didn't expect any Panthers to back up from Origin. Oh to have such power over betting markets. He did say on Twitter a couple of days ago that it was not his decision. Gus lulling the Raiders into a false sense of security I expect. He's a renowned bullshit artist.

This Year?

Immortal
Raiders with their best game of the season to recapture their form from 2016 and cause an upset over the benchmark team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raiders with their best game of the season to recapture their form from 2016 and cause an upset over the benchmark team.
I doubt we will be the benchmark team with our Origin guys having not trained with the team since we faced the Dragons.

This game is definitely up for grabs for the Raiders. Their big forwards could really tired out Cleary and Maloney if they backup

GongPanther

Referee
Canberra are now favourites for this game, after it was evens since the market opened 10 days ago. Why? The only reason I can think of is because Phil Gould said on his podcast he didn't expect any Panthers to back up from Origin. Oh to have such power over betting markets. He did say on Twitter a couple of days ago that it was not his decision. Gus lulling the Raiders into a false sense of security I expect. He's a renowned bullshit artist.
Back to $1.90 both teams h2h.