What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2018

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nah, Tedesco was the right call. Cookie went well, he’ll be better for it.
What'd you mean better for it??? Can't get much better than that Cookie.... that was pretty much faultless from him..... he's your next Australian hooker so saddle up buddy........ geez I love him!!

ThingFish

Juniors
What'd you mean better for it??? Can't get much better than that Cookie.... that was pretty much faultless from him..... he's your next Australian hooker so saddle up buddy........ geez I love him!!
I mean he’ll come back into our side an even better player, having had a good game in his first origin. It was a good game, but he’s capable of better.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I mean he’ll come back into our side an even better player, having had a good game in his first origin. It was a good game, but he’s capable of better.
Oh right.

Capable of better?? Um maybe scoring a try but that's about it.

If you heard Fittler after the match he said QLD really slowed that ruck so Cookie couldn't be as electric. In origin though it mostly is a slow ruck and that's when the doubters of which their were many on here including our Souths fellow forumers said Cookie wouldn't shine with the slow ruck. Well my oath he shine so so brightly and has to be very selective in when he ran and all and he passed with flying colours.... a few great kicks too.

55 tackles with 1 missed. Can't do any better than that really. That's just brilliant....

Sorry mate I just don't see how he can improve much on that.... it'll be consistently playing like that now and I believe he can!!!!!

Good game means about a 7/7.5 out of 10. I give him a 9.5 out of 10 for that. Fittler called his performance incredible..........

I give Tedesco a 10/10 and that's why he's man of MOM.

My 3-2-1 are:

Tedesco
Cook
Maloney

Maloney couldn't do what he does without those fast and crisp bullet like passes from Cookie...

ThingFish

Juniors
Oh right.

Capable of better?? Um maybe scoring a try but that's about it.

If you heard Fittler after the match he said QLD really slowed that ruck so Cookie couldn't be as electric. In origin though it mostly is a slow ruck and that's when the doubters of which their were many on here including our Souths fellow forumers said Cookie wouldn't shine with the slow ruck. Well my oath he shine so so brightly and has to be very selective in when he ran and all and he passed with flying colours.... a few great kicks too.

55 tackles with 1 missed. Can't do any better than that really. That's just brilliant....

Sorry mate I just don't see how he can improve much on that.... it'll be consistently playing like that now and I believe he can!!!!!

Good game means about a 7/7.5 out of 10. I give him a 9.5 out of 10 for that. Fittler called his performance incredible..........

I give Tedesco a 10/10 and that's why he's man of MOM.

My 3-2-1 are:

Tedesco
Cook
Maloney

Maloney couldn't do what he does without those fast and crisp bullet like passes from Cookie...
If a player can’t improve, then there’s only way to go from there. If your saying he just played the perfect game of footy, then you’re right he’s not capable of more. But I like to think he just played a blinder, and the beauty is, he’s capable of improving.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If a player can’t improve, then there’s only way to go from there. If your saying he just played the perfect game of footy, then you’re right he’s not capable of more. But I like to think he just played a blinder, and the beauty is, he’s capable of improving.
All he has to do is maintain that is what I'm trying to say!!!

If that wasn't the best performance from a Blues hooker in many years I'll be damned.......... call me bias lol but that was bloody brilliant.. I am so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!

ThingFish

Juniors
All he has to do is maintain that is what I'm trying to say!!!

If that wasn't the best performance from a Blues hooker in many years I'll be damned.......... call me bias lol but that was bloody brilliant.. I am so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!
It was. I’ll stop there. Because in your current hyper state you might misinterpret whatever I write :joy::joy::joy: Let’s just say Coooooookiiiiieeeeeee!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was. I’ll stop there. Because in your current hyper state you might misinterpret whatever I write :joy::joy::joy: Let’s just say Coooooookiiiiieeeeeee!!!
Correctamundo.......

Cooooookkkkkkkkkiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now ffs rest him for Friday!! We don't want him to play with sore ribs and get cartilage damage!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I actually completely agree. The levels he could reach as a player this late in his career are phenomenal. Trying not to get too cocky as a blues supporter as this happens every year but I really hope we can pull off the win this series.

I keep saying this but having 4 origin players is a massive hats off to the coaching staff as well. It’s just such a shame that we’re losing Angus next year as he has also really elevated as a player to a level that I personally didn’t expect. The roosters will easily have one of the best backrows in the comp next year.

Scoopdog

Juniors
I actually completely agree. The levels he could reach as a player this late in his career are phenomenal. Trying not to get too cocky as a blues supporter as this happens every year but I really hope we can pull off the win this series.

I keep saying this but having 4 origin players is a massive hats off to the coaching staff as well. It’s just such a shame that we’re losing Angus next year as he has also really elevated as a player to a level that I personally didn’t expect. The roosters will easily have one of the best backrows in the comp next year.
Cant agree this time STID.3 of our 4 were very good,(cookie outstanding),but angus was poor.sideways running and offloads under extreme pressure in your end of the field do not help the teams cause.also,like always,his defense has no sting,enabling qld to offload several times.hence the 5 rating in a winning team.

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Rabbits20

Immortal
Soooooooo..........you blokes like Cookie.
Some people I know reckon he's "flashy"lol.
No not all do in here mate. A few prefer McInnes who is a tortoise compared to Cookie. He's copped some very unwarranted criticism in here too from some. I always believed in him though! I could sense he could become something special!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cookie had a great game and shut up his critics permanently one would hope!
The ones that aren't keen on him are very quiet in this thread.......

Anyhow mate I hope you're right!

I am glad you believe in him just like I do!

If you were at ANZ last year mate when Madge made the mistake of bench warming him and not believing in him or letting him play how he wanted the we want Cookie chants started and then the ovation when he finally came on. He's a member favourite is Cookie yet a few on some forums are the tiny handful that aren't that keen on him!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Seriously, how did Madge not have him as Souths hooker last year?
Didn't want him to play the way he can. Wanted him on a leash!

Didn't have faith in him!

It's a big criticism I had of Madge!

Our members got impatient at games with him on the bench that's for sure!

I notice Doyen is quiet lol

Travitoh

First Grade
No not all do in here mate. A few prefer McInnes who is a tortoise compared to Cookie. He's copped some very unwarranted criticism in here too from some. I always believed in him though! I could sense he could become something special!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is the same as yours.

Very good game from Cook last night, like almost every other blue jersey but origin is a long series and we've seen Queensland rebound from a game one loss as recently as 12 months ago.

That said, I'm not sure Qld can put out a better side. Ponga or Munster to FB, with Morgan either to the bench or 6 and Scott for any prop in Maroon and that's almost it. Maybe Oates somewhere too. The talent of the past decade isn't there anymore and they're now back with the pack a lot like the Australian cricket team post Warne, McGrath, etc.

Latest posts