What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
I think if they can jag two really good ones (props) Pervy we will be quite strong next season IF the twins continue to develop/ improve. We need those 2 quality recruits at a minimum.
I think the club has been let down a bit by the Saifitis this year. Dan is starting to show signs again now which is good, though. At their best, you just build your pack around them and call it a day. I think Dan playing to his potential and another dominant starting prop and we're pretty much there with some honest workers (like Glasby, Jaifiti, etc) around them.

Heighno and Lillyman were really just a bit of a bridge to get us from where we were to where we need to be, and to teach the Saifitis how to play like men and not boys. I think what would motivate Dan the most is if there was another prop as good or better than him pushing him. It'd be nice if that was Jacob, but it's become pretty clear that while Jacob can play a role, he hasn't kicked on as much as Dan.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah, well we either get another 2 good ones in the squad or we will be relying on them to hit form early and hold it next season. I think that is a unreasonable tbh at this stage of their development.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, well we either get another 2 good ones in the squad or we will be relying on them to hit form early and hold it next season. I think that is a unreasonable tbh at this stage of their development.
It might be a high expectation, but I don't think they'll ever get there if it's not expected of them, either. I don't think hard work comes naturally for them, keeping them motivated and working hard is the key. Dan has the ability to rise to that expectation imo, or at least strive for it. Not sure on Jacob... tbh he hasn't had the opportunities that Dan has had, and injury hasn't been as kind to him either.

I reckon if either of them got their heads properly switched on and had a massive pre-season, they'd be pretty awesome. Dan was unfortunate to miss the majority of our pre-season, I don't think it has helped. It's entirely possible we might have seen better form from him earlier had he been able to prepare for the season better... and it's something I had largely discounted until it was brought up to me recently.

Spot On

Coach
Totally agree with you. I was expecting a lot more from the start of the season but it didn't happen. Possibly Dan has a bit of an excuse but I'll be farked if we can wait for 3 months into the season each year for the big blokes to 'get fit'. Put up with that shit for years with Kade Snowden. Not good enough.

They are key to this team for years to come. There is no reason they can't do what the Burgess boys did in 2014 and what they are doing this season. No reason at all. The bar is there and they need to reach it.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah, thought it a bit harsh his coach was telling the media he needed to pull his finger out the past 6 weeks.

Please let's not go back to the Kade Snowden years. Other players can get fit. So can ours.

Yosh

Coach
The only problem really I have with Ross and Sio (noone expects them to be world beaters so can't blame them for not being rep quality...) is that they are so small.. With Denniss and Fergo on that side, we'd bet at least a foot taller. They'd be stronger at bringing the ball out of our half and we'd offer a really good aerial threat. I think he is a douche but I used to think SKD was also but he has really grown on me. It looks like we're going discount shopping at the Roosters and so far, they'd offered pretty good value. I'd take him.

Spot On

Coach
Apparently Moga will be back next year Yosh so I saw Dennis as a possible wing spot in the Corey Oates mould. I don't know if that is realistic but surely we will try to continue to build him up and use him in firsts at some stage in 2019?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah but who else? I don't want to watch Ross and Sio run about for us much longer, and I don't think Brown does either.

If not Ferguson, who else do we go after? Who should we be chasing?

I’ve said this before but if we want an elite winger we should be going after Corey Oates or Ken Maumalo, both are guns and off contract. Imagine one of those guys running onto a Ponga right to left cut out pass.

Frederick

Staff member
He had his chance to own the team after Pearce went down, and he blew it big time. Good luck to him if he wants to try and find another club...don't think there's much of a market for bog average halfbacks

Bartwah

Juniors
Smart again by brown and moons. Manager asking too much for our backup halfback. Good luck to him if he lands a gig elsewhere, he had his chance this year and didn’t do too much with it

Spot On

Coach
His asking price can only go down on what he displayed in firsts so far this year.

Didn't know Dan picked up an injury last week?

Denniss bulked up off season and, according to Brown had a good pre-season.
We had criticism here for his previous performance but I saw promise in him.
Like many of our players, he was thrown in too early. If he gets another run I expect him to still be on a huge learning curve and to make mistakes.
Sio is solid and consistent. I'd back him.

Spot On

Coach
I agree. I think we saw enough in him when he was 18 to know he had something. Imagine him with another preseason and weighing in at 105 kgs plus and stronger.

macavity

Referee
Oates and Isaako still available out wide.

Oates in particular seems to be willing to leave (Isaako making the same noises as TPJ)

macavity

Referee

Latest posts