What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebbo73

Bench
Yes he did. The bloke stood up and dropped the pill. Gagai stuffed up. At best, Crichton's hand brushed past the ball. FFS the ball carrier must hold on to the ball until he has played it. Gags put a half baked act on after the decision didn't go his way but he pretty quickly knew he didn't hold on to it as he should have.

A'deliberate manipulation of a football game?' Lol, Was that the first game of footy you have watched?????

If anything, you need to have a massive whinge at the QLD selectors for their starting front row pair mate. That was plain 'dumb' on their behalf. A bit like Gag's dropped ball.
He only dropped it because he had the ball in both hands and the NSW player ripped one arm away from it. In this scenario you will drop the ball every time.

Lebbo73

Bench
Sydney is beneath me. As a matter of fact, Melbourne is worse. Actually, all of the capital cities are shit!

Spot On

Coach
I have said previously that NSW was the better side. That’s why I am not upset. Maybe also the fact that we’ve won the last thousand Origin series nearly. They want NSW to win this year but they would never rig a game. Game 2 will be reffed neutral and Game 3 will be reffed in Qld’s favour if NSW win Game 2. You can’t manipulate games if one team is absolutely killing another.
As for betting the house on Qld in Game 2, NSW will win at home.

Mate. Take a look at your front row. QLD don't want to win. While you're at it, take a look at Will Chambers missed tackle highlight reel. Epic viewing. You NSWelshman captain hit harder than anyone you had in the middle of the field. Even McGuire's dog shot to the NSW players backs didn't hurt them.

Soft.

Maybe Broncoandy can have a word to Kevvie to have a word to his front rowers and explain their job to them? Sutton isn't going to hit the ball up or make a tackle. Kevvie isn't that dumb. Is he?

Lebbo73

Bench
Mate. Take a look at your front row. QLD don't want to win. While you're at it, take a look at Will Chambers missed tackle highlight reel. Epic viewing. You NSWelshman captain hit harder than anyone you had in the middle of the field. Even McGuire's dog shot to the NSW players backs didn't hurt them.

Soft.

Maybe Broncoandy can have a word to Kevvie to have a word to his front rowers and explain their job to them? Sutton isn't going to hit the ball up or make a tackle. Kevvie isn't that dumb. Is he?
What are you posting about? I never denied any of this and said Qld were shit. NSW was the better side and deserved to win. It doesn’t change the fact that the refs manipulated the result.

OldPanther

Coach
I’ve been saying for a long time now that refs deliberately manipulate games. Wednesday night was a classic example with that obvious forward pass and the unmissable strip on Gagai after the ref yelled out held three times before NSW released him.

Have a read and you'll come to understand the pass wasn't forward:

Maloney's "forward" pass. The math.

Rs_Simmo:

"There's been debate over the Maloney ball, so I thought I'd break it down .

Maloney recieves the ball 16 metres out at 1.65 seconds. For arguments sake I'll say 15 metres just to humour you. At 2.65 seconds, he releases the ball, 11 metres out from the Tryline.

This puts his initial speed at 4 metres per second.

At 3.79, Addo Carr catches the ball, 9 metres out from the queensland line.

The ball travels through the air at a total time of 1.13 seconds, and travels 2 metres towards the queensland Tryline. This puts the ball at a longitudinal speed of 1.77 metres per second.

Therefore, at the time of Maloney Passing the ball, he takes a speed of 2.23 m/s off the ball, meaning he throws it behind him, remembering that a pass is judged in relation to the passer, NOT THE GROUND"

Just a quick edit for those mentioning "curving the ball"

The Magnus effect is the reason why balls curve and swing through the air. A spiral thrown ball has the spin on the wrong axis to create such an effect."

Spot On

Coach
It doesn’t change the fact that the refs manipulated the result.

That is what I am talking about.

And you are asking me to take the goggles off.

FFS.

It must seem a weird concept to accept that the Great Dane Gagai could possibly make an error in a QLD jersey. But it did happen.

billygilmore

Juniors
Bloody hell the reffing was fine, both teams got away with a bit but for the most I thought both teams were relatively disciplined.

The game swung both ways a few times, I would say the main difference was our inability to tackle bloody Tedesco, he absolutely carved us to pieces and by the end of the game I was just expecting him to brush of the first 5 guys that tried to tackle him it was just embarrassing really, Tedesco’s performance is up there with the best I’ve seen in Origin

Broncoandy

Juniors
Bloody hell the reffing was fine, both teams got away with a bit but for the most I thought both teams were relatively disciplined.

The game swung both ways a few times, I would say the main difference was our inability to tackle bloody Tedesco, he absolutely carved us to pieces and by the end of the game I was just expecting him to brush of the first 5 guys that tried to tackle him it was just embarrassing really, Tedesco’s performance is up there with the best I’ve seen in Origin
No he wasn’t. Felise Kaufusi should have been man of the match.

Tedesco is a girl.

Nerd

Bench

Maloney's "forward" pass. The math.

Rs_Simmo:

"There's been debate over the Maloney ball, so I thought I'd break it down .

Maloney recieves the ball 16 metres out at 1.65 seconds. For arguments sake I'll say 15 metres just to humour you. At 2.65 seconds, he releases the ball, 11 metres out from the Tryline.

This puts his initial speed at 4 metres per second.

At 3.79, Addo Carr catches the ball, 9 metres out from the queensland line.

The ball travels through the air at a total time of 1.13 seconds, and travels 2 metres towards the queensland Tryline. This puts the ball at a longitudinal speed of 1.77 metres per second.

Therefore, at the time of Maloney Passing the ball, he takes a speed of 2.23 m/s off the ball, meaning he throws it behind him, remembering that a pass is judged in relation to the passer, NOT THE GROUND"

Just a quick edit for those mentioning "curving the ball"

The Magnus effect is the reason why balls curve and swing through the air. A spiral thrown ball has the spin on the wrong axis to create such an effect."
LOL I suggest watching you own video again. Maloney actually passes the ball forward from his body not sideways. That's a forward pass every day of the week. Nice maths though. The refs got it wrong, nothing unusual there, everyone just needs to get over it.

OldPanther

Coach
Typical dirty Cockroach supporter comment. I actually live in NSW unfortunately, you bunch are a different breed.

It's just a bit of banter mate. I have no hard feeling towards you. Look forward to game 2. QLD will be better prepared no doubt without the injuries etc.

Latest posts