What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
"NSW are playing like it's a club game".

Thanks Gus, I was looking for an intro this week and this is it. Talk about Origin demeaning the NRL.

Anyway, back to the second-rate 'club games'...how will Origin affect those players who have to back-up? The four Panthers should all turn out in less than 48-hours time for a tough trip to a Stickyland, Canberra. The Raiders really need to win as there's a gap developing between the top-eight and the rest.

As most of us know Manly have moved their home-game from Brookvale to RL Park in Ch.Ch. The Warriors have a poor record in NZ outside Auckland, don't they? Manly will fancy themselves against their 'bunnies'.

Talking of 'bunnies', it's obvious now that Souths are a major premiership threat. They can be top of the table after this round, as the Panthers have that toughie above and the Dragons have an awkward Monday night trip to the Olympic Stadium to take on the unfancied Bulldogs. Souths have Inglis, Cook and Gagai backing up. Three key players. The latter will be angry too, after his mistake really shifted momentum in the second-half of Origin I.

The Tigers need to be careful now, they've dropped outside the eight and can be set adrift further if they don't 'upset' the Sharks away. It's a dangerous spot on the ladder right now for Ivan's men, they've done so well up till now.

Match of the round? The head says Storm v Broncos on Sunday, two of the NRL's power-clubs, but the heart says Eels v Cows. Both teams in a pickle. The Eels are in crisis, the Cows will still fancy themselves if they can get on a roll.

There's a lot to love about club footy, despite the 'product' we know as Origin.

Blair

Coach
All four Panthers backing-up. Gee, they're tough.

Leilua comes off second-best from the kick-off. Ran into Campbell, the best prop in the NRL right now, I reckon. He loves rag-dolling little guys though.

Phil, give it to me straight Dr Death, can the Cows make the eight?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Gubb going hard. On report!

Playing for a contract, according to the ABC commentator.

Leilua comes off second-best from the kick-off. Ran into Campbell, the best prop in the NRL right now, I reckon. He loves rag-dolling little guys though.

Phil, give it to me straight Dr Death, can the Cows make the eight?
Before this round they on 8 points.
Yet to have their bye to give them 10.
So 11 games left for them to collect 22 points.
So max points 32.
Best guess is 28 points gets you in the 8.
So they can mathematically still make it.
Can see more than 2 loses for them in 11 games?
Eels (a)
Warrior (h)
Rabbits (a)
Raiders (a)
Dragons (h)
Knights (h)
Roosters (a)
Broncos (h)
Sharks (a)
Eels (h)
Titans (a)

I can see at least 4 losses on current other teams form.
(But my tipping is shit house)
So I say they are done.
Which probably confirms they make it. :)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was looking forward to the Raiders match, then saw Henry 'look at me' Perenara had the whistle and knew it would be a stinker, the players still managed to put on a good finish despite his presence there

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I watched Origin the other night, and had flashbacks to this great game that I used to enjoy sitting down and watching every weekend over the winter months

I've sat here tonight and been brought back to the reality of what a poor product this bald headed fraud we have running the game has turned Rugby League into

I watched Origin the other night, and had flashbacks to this great game that I used to enjoy sitting down and watching every weekend over the winter months

I've sat here tonight and been brought back to the reality of what a poor product this bald headed fraud we have running the game has turned Rugby League into

A possible fix.

Each half both teams have 1 captains call for onfield calls and 1 for tries.
If you get it right you get to keep it, wrong and it's gone.

Origin had little to no rule enforcement.
Never has.

Titans screwed over in the end.
Didnt see the whole game though.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Oh God. Not more rules.
The Ref's are there to "ensure one team doesn't get an unfair advantage over the other". Not to run the game.
If they can't do that - and let the game flow, they should be demoted.
Not sure I like two ref's. 1 could allow advantage,

Gee the lead up to Origin 1 with the flashback to the way the game was made me wish the game was still at that stage. Raw but far more exciting.

Blair

Coach
...Gee the lead up to Origin 1 with the flashback to the way the game was made me wish the game was still at that stage. Raw but far more exciting.

I think my RL peak was 1991, the best season ever! The running-game was fantastic, they'd score tries from all over the place. Forwards got tired, little guys cut the game open outwide.

Graeme Hughes was commentating. Channel Two on Friday nights, all the finals live and at daylight times in Sydney (so, magically, 5pm Saturday kick-off in NZ), RU was boring. It was the perfect storm.

I do love the Warriors in the comp though. I wouldn't go back.

Knights lose by 2.
Bunnies by 2 over Titans? Reversing those results would of helped the Warriors on the table down the track.

Latest posts