What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 - Raiders 22-23 Panthers @ GIO

Round 14: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well Leilua and Rapana were both off injured, he was about the only one they could use out there ... Felt sorry for the bloke.

Yeah I want to add that the poor kid is being played out of position every week and that is on sticky but he is being destroyed at the raiders.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Raiders are a scary team to play against with their natural ability and the sheer size of them. It's just a shame for them they are 10th when they could easily be top 4 if they could keep their composure under pressure.

skeepe

Immortal
Papalii didn’t deserve to lose like that, easily the best player on the field tonight.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rapana came up with an injury. Ata played really bad IMO. Crucial turnovers.
I actually thought it was really poor from Ricky to out him out there. The guy is a half, at a stretch a hooker. He's probably never played wing in his life.

Yeah you don't like to shuffle the spine but surely the better option is getting Wighton out onto the wing, maybe slot Austin in at the fullback and Hingano six...in a high pressure situation it was asking for trouble IMO.

Exsilium

First Grade
Yeah I want to add that the poor kid is being played out of position every week and that is on sticky but he is being destroyed at the raiders.
Hingano is better then what we’ve seen from him at the raiders.

Was a dour and I take nothing from the win.

2 weeks

Coach
Rick at the presser

U-nXfNVt2E4xpCo75gi0Oxql70Ukc-D-DChtLes4tYFE5YhTsp7iwEY_CCcq-IFk9HqbBNInwA=w266-h200-nc

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hingano is better then what we’ve seen from him at the raiders.

Was a dour and I take nothing from the win.

I am not 100 percent sure on what interchanges we had but he should have moved croker to the wing, bateman or sia to centre, havali into the backrow and hingano to hooker. That is not idea but better than what he did

GongPanther

Referee
Man of the Match: Henry Perenara (Panthers)
A fair result would have been a draw after extra time,although I wouldn't have begrudged a Raiders win. On form,we should have had an easy win. But with the conditions as they were,you can't write off the Raiders at home. One notable point with the Panthers is that after a bye,we are always rusty. We play Easts next week. Need to sharpen up right across the board.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Another option is to play Austin at fullback, Wighton at centre and Hingano at 5/8

Or Austin at centre and Hingano at 5/8

Both options have Croker playing wing

All options that mean Hingano is playing in a position he has played before and nobody is playing in a completely new position

The Realist

Juniors
AS others have said, Raiders were cruel by injury...but the positional shifts were a disaster. There just had to be a better reshuffle.

Incorrect

Coach
I’ll add if there were any accountability in the refereeing ranks, Perenara would be having a rest next week.

But we all know that won’t happen.

Another reason to go back to just 1 referee IMO. The quality just isn't there. We have 5 or 6 decent whistle blowers, not 16. That merkin Perenara should not be refereeing first grade, he's been shit house for seasons.... Worse ref than he was a player if you can believe it....

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Panthers showed good character. The composure of their halves always kept them in the game, and even when both Maloney and Clearys kicking game was going dead a lot, it still showed good direction as you could see what they were trying to achieve.

Thats just poor from the Raiders to realise they needed to hold onto the ball, and continue to lose it. I'd also like to see the Raiders play a bit more patient at times which would probably make them boring but this...'score off every set' mentality is surprising that, they as professionals, continue to get sucked into pushing the pass. Yes it worked wonderfully a few years back with the on-fire Leipana era but thats when they were ON FIRE. They just gotta value set completion more.

Puntoue

Juniors
Got home late and was only able to catch the last five minuets of the game, but in those five minutes I whitnessed Henry manage to f**k up three crucial calls, two of which were against the Raiders.

With a smile on my face I then logged onto LU to come indulge in skeepes referee meltdown only to find him posting plausible, well written responses.

Disappointed Skeepe. Disappointed.