What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Pretty sure one of our home strips from the Overflow era had a decent splash of yellow. But it wasnt the main colour.

Lets be clear on one thing. Cowboys core colours are blue and grey. The yellow should never have been more than a trim colour.

The away from 99-2001 had probably the most yellow in it of all our jerseys (the one posted a few pages back)

images

Navy, Grey and White were the original main colours, the yellow was an accent that differentiated their branding from the Dallas Cowboys just enough quite nicely. But 4 years later the yellow took over for some f**ked out reason. The majority of the generic supporters gear and trinkety shit is still all Blue and Yellow and look like Parra merch (walk into the team store at the leaguesy and you’d swear that it was all eels merch in the shop).

Even this years blue is almost bulldogs blue in some of the gear, they’ve even thrown an aqua/teal into the mix (polos and training shirts)It does my head in tbh, whoever does their merch design/approval needs a kick in the ass.

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
I'm indifferent about the navy chevrons on the NSW jersey but it's the cut of that new Canterbury template that ruins it. It's just awful. It ruins the Kangaroos jersey, too. Easily the worst template Canterbury has come up with.

Zerô

Juniors
The away from 99-2001 had probably the most yellow in it of all our jerseys (the one posted a few pages back)

images

Navy, Grey and White were the original main colours, the yellow was an accent that differentiated their branding from the Dallas Cowboys just enough quite nicely. But 4 years later the yellow took over for some f**ked out reason. The majority of the generic supporters gear and trinkety shit is still all Blue and Yellow and look like Parra merch (walk into the team store at the leaguesy and you’d swear that it was all eels merch in the shop).

Even this years blue is almost bulldogs blue in some of the gear, they’ve even thrown an aqua/teal into the mix (polos and training shirts)It does my head in tbh, whoever does their merch design/approval needs a kick in the ass.

Yellow or orange?

images

beave

Coach
Yellow or orange?

images

I bought one and in real life it’s mostly orange.

images

The only thing that makes it kinda acceptable is the front colouring kinda reminds me of the skyline when its cane burning season up home.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
For years we have seen those blacked out signs in NT..

Never has made sense to me

There are brandnames underneath the black plastic .. but they choose not to pay the cash to show them at an nrl game

Perplexing

Saint Doc

Coach
Just flicked over to the Yawnion. I had seen the new wallaby jerseys and thought they looked really good.

But check out the shorts they’ve got them in! They look ridiculous. They even look worse than the chevron shorts we had a couple of years ago...

EF55D4FE-17C0-4631-AA27-7150C0D95F27.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh struddys are the supplier for nrlwa. Shame about their SL looking logo! This years Pirates SG ball jersey was very strange and well away from the red black and yellow we’ve had since inception with a weird purple/pink colour.

DE9E33AC-B048-49E8-9FEE-7B5610CBBBCF.png 42C0CB88-66FD-4AD0-B483-2ACB5940102D.jpeg

Attachments

• 685D3402-5821-4E1E-9599-CA27AAF35194.png
    685D3402-5821-4E1E-9599-CA27AAF35194.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 1

beave

Coach
Its not really purple/pink, just the way they’ve transitioned the black into red yeah? Looks pretty ordinary. They should be getting ISC to do their jerseys.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh be nice if we went with something like that with a dash of scarlet red on it, then a red with black V and dash of gold alternate.

D4C1B26C-AC38-4D3A-A164-E05EDBC8AC7C.jpeg

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
Saw a hat today with a Raiders logo done in navy/orange.

Still beyond me why an NRL team, or any top flight Australian team for that matter, hadn't adopted these colours.

Hopefully Bombers end up locking it in.

received_10160393196510468.jpeg

LineBall

Juniors
Just flicked over to the Yawnion. I had seen the new wallaby jerseys and thought they looked really good.

But check out the shorts they’ve got them in! They look ridiculous. They even look worse than the chevron shorts we had a couple of years ago...

EF55D4FE-17C0-4631-AA27-7150C0D95F27.jpg

Can somebody do a mock up of the NSW jersey with a dark blue collar in the same style as the wallabies ( and get rid of the chevrons also)?

The Irish collar looked strange with the white stripe - which is no doubt what NSW would have gotten if they wanted a dark blue collar with the Canterbury Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.