What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 Fri - Titans 16-18 Rabbitohs @ Cbus Super

Round 14: Titans v Rabbitohs

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
First time we've won the penalty count in 6 weeks and only the 5th time alk season, about time we got one go our way.

Honestly the Titans came in with a game plan to smother us - you could've penalised most tackles on our forwards. It nearly worked.

Rabbits20

Immortal
First time we've won the penalty count in 6 weeks and only the 5th time alk season, about time we got one go our way.

Honestly the Titans came in with a game plan to smother us - you could've penalised most tackles on our forwards. It nearly worked.
Absolutely after the calls we've had against us previously this year.

Like Seibs said in the presser the Titans came to slow the ruck down and niggle in there as much as they could and he thought the penalties were justified.

We have been winning and winning and it's natural to be down after such a high against Cronulla last week which was our fifth in a row at that point.

Come end of regular season it doesn't matter how you get the W's. They all count when you're a good chance of a go at the top 4.

no name

Coach
The Bunnies past few penalty counts against them have been 8 (8 for), 15 (10 for), 10 (9 for), 8 (8 for).

The Titans past few penalty counts against them have been 11(8 for), 11 (10 for), 10 (10 for), 10 (9 for).

A 13-4 count seems an anomaly amongst these teams.

It’s almost like the refs didn’t realise the teams swapped at halftime when delivering the square ups.

Life's Good

Coach
He's not really taking that next step as one would hope.

He's never had a quality team around him which doesn't help, but still Taylor doesn't show much on field leadership to me.

No doubting his talent but I'm still a little weary as to how good he'll be.

People still talk up his best asset as being his kicking game which isn't a good sign imo. You wanna become a gun running half that takes on the line, not the next Luke Walsh or not to sound too harsh on him, Jamie Soward.
Ok, I’ll bite on Sowie.
I’m sure you meant - A premiership winning, Origin playing Jamie Soward. :wink:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ok, I’ll bite on Sowie.
I’m sure you meant - A premiership winning, Origin playing Jamie Soward. :wink:
Haha well there's that - he had a couple of great years.

But I'm more talking about the Soward that played in a dinner suit. The one who was lightning quick but was anaemic to taking on the line because he didn't like being tackled.

When I think of Soward I think, "fabulous kicking game but could have been much more." I hope Taylor doesn't go down the same path.

And remembering that Taylor is being paid superstar money; not good player money.

Life's Good

Coach
Haha well there's that - he had a couple of great years.

But I'm more talking about the Soward that played in a dinner suit. The one who was lightning quick but was anaemic to taking on the line because he didn't like being tackled.

When I think of Soward I think, "fabulous kicking game but could have been much more." I hope Taylor doesn't go down the same path.

And remembering that Taylor is being paid superstar money; not good player money.
The Sowie debate will be for another day.
For now we share similar thoughts on Taylor. I hope he can deliver or he will become another one of the many prodigiously talented ‘nearly, but not quite, men’.

TheFrog

Coach
The Titans didn't get a fair go in this match. How many times have I typed these words this season? Several.

You wanna become a gun running half that takes on the line, not the next Luke Walsh or not to sound too harsh on him, Jamie Soward.

If Taylor turns out to be as good as Soward he'll have done all right. A bit rough on one of your junior products from the days when you were so flush with quality kids you could just let them leave. The Gus days.

Latest posts