What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
So the injuries are irrelevant then? Even if the key injuries hadn't started before Round 1 (which they did), it doesn't take a genius to work out that they are partly responsible for our plight. We started the season with Gutho, Williams, Vave and Terepo out (as well as two other blokes who have since played FG). And since then Hayne, Norman, French, Mannah, Williams, Vave, Brown et al. have been out for extended periods. IF you think that's irrelevant, you are having a laugh my friend.

I reckon it's more the quality of our forwards than the size (though losing our fatter forwards didn't help). The Sharks seem to do ok with a pack that is probably actually smaller than ours.
#excuses or #blamebaforhiringaflguy?

TheRam

Coach
We were competitive a lot longer than we've been shit.

You could be right. But I doubt he will be replaced by anyone better.

Do you not remember Fittler's record at a club as well resourced as the Roosters? If you can't be successful there you won't be successful anywhere. You may as well stay in the coaching graveyard that is rep footy.

Yes I do remember Fitler's record. But I think he has come a long way from there. It was more of coach his former mates and then not taking him seriously, which many of them have admitted to, that saw him undone.

Hey look there isn't anyone else of quality that is available at this very point in time and I think Fitler brings a lot of respect, knowledge and even reverence for some current players, so at the very least I think his ability to recruit quality would be better then BA at the moment or anyone else that we could get right now.

Even if he struggled, which I doubt, his first couple of years, his recruitment ability should be good and then we could assess from there. But I think he is better then Mal or even Walters. Just my opinion.

Glenneel

Bench
You have, and you were proven wrong. Half a season doesn't suddenly mean you were right all along. Get back in your deathrider box.
Tell me how I've ever been proven wrong about bigger forwards that offload/pass would help us. Is five seasons big enough sample for you or just last year only which you love to bang on about. Only one finals appearance in that time for zero wins proves beyond your delusional state that small forwards win you nothing beyond a bottom 8 position. My position on bigger forwards hasn't been proved by Parra yet because we haven't had them, but every premiership winner for the last 10 or so years has. Is that a big enough sample for you?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tell me how I've ever been proven wrong about bigger forwards that offload/pass would help us.
No I think another strong attacking forward is one of the things we need. Along with a winger and a hooker. Though I think Pritchard would be good enough if he wasn't always injured. Paulo will fill the gap as an attacking forward. Now we just need a winger and hopefully Mahoney can become a first grade level hooker.
Is five seasons big enough sample for you or just last year only which you love to bang on about. Only one finals appearance in that time for zero wins proves beyond your delusional state that small forwards win you nothing beyond a bottom 8 position. My position on bigger forwards hasn't been proved by Parra yet because we haven't had them, but every premiership winner for the last 10 or so years has. Is that a big enough sample for you?
The Knights have had some big forwards too over the past three years and won three straight spoons. The fact is the best teams have few or no weaknesses, and this is something every club aspires to. But with a salary cap just buying big forwards is no guarantee of success because they are expensive and will reduce your quality elsewhere in the squad. The secret is TPAs not the magic bullet of big forwards. Look at the Bulldogs this year.

EelsFan05

Bench
Tell me how I've ever been proven wrong about bigger forwards that offload/pass would help us. Is five seasons big enough sample for you or just last year only which you love to bang on about. Only one finals appearance in that time for zero wins proves beyond your delusional state that small forwards win you nothing beyond a bottom 8 position. My position on bigger forwards hasn't been proved by Parra yet because we haven't had them, but every premiership winner for the last 10 or so years has. Is that a big enough sample for you?
You can't argue with the bloke because he's always shifting the argument to suit.

You, we are going terrible this year we need bigger forwards with an offload.

Him, our forwards went ok last year and you dont just become bad in 14 games. It's not a big enough sample.

You, what about 4 in 5 seasons we've miss the finals and have zero finals wins in half a decade. Isn't that a big enough sample?

Him, but the Knights have been shit for three years.. it's all about TPA's.

Get the drift.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sorry, but EelsFan05 makes an extremely valid point.
It shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

Not saying he doesn't. Pou can be an infuriatingly contrary twat

But he still offers a hell of a lot more than that f**kstick Glenneel does.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can't argue with the bloke because he's always shifting the argument to suit.

You, we are going terrible this year we need bigger forwards with an offload.

Him, our forwards went ok last year and you dont just become bad in 14 games. It's not a big enough sample.

You, what about 4 in 5 seasons we've miss the finals and have zero finals wins in half a decade. Isn't that a big enough sample?

Him, but the Knights have been shit for three years.. it's all about TPA's.

Get the drift.
Because he can't understand why his arguments are shit, I have to just give counter-arguments. We missed the finals in 2016 because we had points stripped, not because we were shit. We won zero finals matches because we played the two grand finalists, who had better rosters than us. What happened half a decade ago is irrelevant because we had a different coach then plus we have only retained four players from that side.

Glenneel

Bench
No I think another strong attacking forward is one of the things we need. Along with a winger and a hooker. Though I think Pritchard would be good enough if he wasn't always injured. Paulo will fill the gap as an attacking forward. Now we just need a winger and hopefully Mahoney can become a first grade level hooker.

The Knights have had some big forwards too over the past three years and won three straight spoons. The fact is the best teams have few or no weaknesses, and this is something every club aspires to. But with a salary cap just buying big forwards is no guarantee of success because they are expensive and will reduce your quality elsewhere in the squad. The secret is TPAs not the magic bullet of big forwards. Look at the Bulldogs this year.
FFS Pou I sick of arguing with you. I pick you up on some of the outlandish things you say but as usual you bring up something stupid to try to win. Btw Paulo on his own will not make a big difference, imo we need another 2 big skilful forwards to help along with a dh and big winger. I've mentioned Maumolo several times already as a possibility. Woods at $500k would be a good cheap buy but are we even talking to him? We do know he is talking to Sharks who are only offering $450k, another $50k from us may swing the deal.
To justify your argument you now introduce the Knights and Dogs as examples. Wtf. To state the bloody obvious none have decent halves and the Knights lacked experience and leadership. Currently they are without an experienced half again thru injury yet still managed to slaughter us.

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah but Glen is a miserable deathriding f**kwit so f**k him
Angry again because I stated that the team was poor at the beginning of the year and you stated otherwise. So far I've been proven right so whatever opinion you have carries little weight. Climb back into your hole and only come out when you have something worthwhile to say. You're the only miserable merkin here on this site and this post confirms it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes I do remember Fitler's record. But I think he has come a long way from there. It was more of coach his former mates and then not taking him seriously, which many of them have admitted to, that saw him undone.

Hey look there isn't anyone else of quality that is available at this very point in time and I think Fitler brings a lot of respect, knowledge and even reverence for some current players, so at the very least I think his ability to recruit quality would be better then BA at the moment or anyone else that we could get right now.

Even if he struggled, which I doubt, his first couple of years, his recruitment ability should be good and then we could assess from there. But I think he is better then Mal or even Walters. Just my opinion.

He would be great Ram. But the Duke would warn him agains it career wise.