What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 Sun - Sharks 24-16 Wests Tigers @ SC Group

Round 14: Sharks v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vozzy

Juniors
T
Remember when we had an amazing defence for the first 6 weeks of the season.......yeah feels like a year ago now, absolute rubbish from our boys....again.
The attack despite not scoring many points was controlled we weren't going wide to early and our kicking game was really good. Now our attack has put extra pressure on the defense and eventually takes its toll. Plus we're are giving away too many penalties back to back whether they are warranted or not we need to fix this. Teams are getting easy passages due to this.

wibble

Bench
You can’t make the 8 purely through being gutsy, we lack a 9, a 1 and edge back rower to be a good team

You can make the 8 like that. Just not top 4 and GF.

Definitely need a bit more from your spine, but you do play tough, and that is a start.

Defence is still okay imo the attack is just non-existent. Other teams create doubt in the defence, we run one out.

We are similar. But you scored some points against us and we are usually hard to score against. It was your defense that was the bigger issue today, we scored or ran up the middle 3 or 4 times in the second half.

Tigers are still the only team not in the 8 currently I think have a realistic chance of making finals.

Defence is still okay imo the attack is just non-existent. Other teams create doubt in the defence, we run one out.

3 tries were just lazy missed tackles. Shipped 4 tries against a bog average Cronulla side, compared to early on when we held teams like Melbourne & Roosters to single digits.

We definitely need another fullback and hooker. We have about 5 hookers in the squad and still play ET there every week because none are good enough. If I never see Lolohea in a Tigers jersey again it will be too soon.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sharks too good

Tigers gutsy as always but ultimately lack poise and class
All tried very hard so kudos for that!

Geez Brooks had a shocker mate!

However you should beat Canberra next week!

I was hoping you guys got up today as it's better for Souths. Pretty much the top 6 teams just aren't losing to anyone below them!

To play in the finals the Tigers need to claim another couple of scalps with wins from teams in the 8.

So good defensively in the first half and then one or two things go against you which happens at Shark Park but to leak those soft tries, I thought Wests would be more desperate today!

wibble

Bench
Only 4 of our last 10 games Agaisnt top 8 sides. We can still make the finals if we’re good enough

You possibly make it with 6 wins from those, almost certainly with 7. You are playing much better than the teams below you, and despite concerns about your attack, playing gutsy will give you some wins against the other top 8 contenders. You are still a good chance.

Just need one team above to slip up. Broncos have had some lucky wins and look vulnerable, Storm are error riddled, Sharks struggling to score, Roosters still not convincing in the forwards, Warriors up and down in form. Tigers could replace one of those teams with a good run of wins

wibble

Bench
6 wins from 10 now needed, but the draw is not that difficult.

Probably, though it also requires one of the teams above to win only 4 or 5 of their last 10, so it might depend on who they play and any of those so called "4 point" games. I haven't looked at the draw for all the permutations, but 6 seems a likely 8, 7 wins and Tigers would be very unlucky to miss the 8. Either way, 6 or 7 wins from 10 is very achievable for that Tigers squad.

TheFrog

Coach
Probably, though it also requires one of the teams above to win only 4 or 5 of their last 10
The Broncos, in 8th, have the same number of wins, and a 50 or so disadvantage in for and against, but the Broncos have a game in hand. The round 3 abomination looks like having far reaching effects on this competition.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Only 4 of our last 10 games Agaisnt top 8 sides. We can still make the finals if we’re good enough
It is hard to see anyone out of the Storm, Sharks, Roosters or Warriors dropping out! Well unless the Warriors choke big time is the only hope outta that lot.

Your best bet is Brisbane stuff up a bit and finish with 13 and 11. If you guys can win 6 of the next 10 then with a superior for and against that gets you into the 8.

This year I don't think 12 and 12 will be good enough to get you in. I may be wrong though!

Anyhow Raiders and Titans shouldn't even pose a threat to you guys at home so that's 2 wins. If you somehow manage to stuff up one of those 2 that will really cost you. Then tough ones against Dragons and us.

Certainly Josh Reynolds showed good signs!

Vic Mackey

Referee
It is hard to see anyone out of the Storm, Sharks, Roosters or Warriors dropping out! Well unless the Warriors choke big time is the only hope outta that lot.

Your best bet is Brisbane stuff up a bit and finish with 13 and 11. If you guys can win 6 of the next 10 then with a superior for and against that gets you into the 8.

This year I don't think 12 and 12 will be good enough to get you in. I may be wrong though!

Anyhow Raiders and Titans shouldn't even pose a threat to you guys at home so that's 2 wins. If you somehow manage to stuff up one of those 2 that will really cost you. Then tough ones against Dragons and us.

Certainly Josh Reynolds showed good signs!

Agree, unless those sides get a bad injury run reckon it’s between us and Brisbane for 8th. They have a much worse F/A, we have a bye in hand so if we finish equal hopefully we make it.

We’ve probably got a better draw then Brisbane but they get the advantage of getting the refs calls at Suncorp.

If we beat both raiders and titans I give us a good chance to make the 8, we can’t drop either of those though.

Saints and Souths are going a lot better then us but we’re big rivals with both. Over the years we’ve managed to upset both when they’ve been great and we’ve been terrible. We get saints at Leichhardt which is massive.

Ivan needs to make some big calls with his 17 over these next few weeks. I can’t see us winning many games with Lolohea at 1 and Taylor at 9.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree, unless those sides get a bad injury run reckon it’s between us and Brisbane for 8th. They have a much worse F/A, we have a bye in hand so if we finish equal hopefully we make it.

We’ve probably got a better draw then Brisbane but they get the advantage of getting the refs calls at Suncorp.

If we beat both raiders and titans I give us a good chance to make the 8, we can’t drop either of those though.

Saints and Souths are going a lot better then us but we’re big rivals with both. Over the years we’ve managed to upset both when they’ve been great and we’ve been terrible. We get saints at Leichhardt which is massive.

Ivan needs to make some big calls with his 17 over these next few weeks. I can’t see us winning many games with Lolohea at 1 and Taylor at 9.
Today was actually the first game all year imo where Broncs had a few against them. About time but no doubt we know what'll happen again at Suncorp as you say!!

Heck if you can beat Dragons that's better for Souths ladder state wise and means you may be a bit off following week coming off such a high. If you do take a big scalp it's very hard to back up next week in this comp.

Like we came off highs against Dragons and Sharks and just crawled home against Cows and Titans respectively!!

If the Tigers can learn to win these close games then they'll get somewhere! Sometimes you just have to find a way!

ed-grimley

Bench
3 tries were just lazy missed tackles. Shipped 4 tries against a bog average Cronulla side, compared to early on when we held teams like Melbourne & Roosters to single digits.

We definitely need another fullback and hooker. We have about 5 hookers in the squad and still play ET there every week because none are good enough. If I never see Lolohea in a Tigers jersey again it will be too soon.
Sharks weren't that bad.

Latest posts