What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Friday 8th June v Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't buy into the 'missing Origin players' excuse. We didn't need it last week and our best performing players were the replacements.

Curns13

Juniors
What a shocker of a game. I really don’t think we came in with a good attitude. We weren’t willing to do the tough stuff and chanced our arm well before we had earned the right to do so. We didn’t build any pressure throughout the game and just didn’t seem interested in getting into the grind. Anyway, 2 points are 2 points. Move on and crush the Eels next week.

As far as what it was like at the game, we had enormous support which was great. My 5 year old said at the end of the game that there were more Rabbitohs fans than Titans (we were sitting in the away supporters section so that might have been part of it).

My little fella loved the game, a lot more than me, and go stuck in to the chants that went up along the way. His face lit up when Reggie arrived for a cuddle.

Probably my highlight of the night was when the two Titans mascots (both Titans funnily enough) came over to Charlie and lifted him up on their shoulders and turned him towards the away supporter section for a standing ovation. I know we all love Charlie but it seems like he is loved by many throughout the game.

All in all it was a great night despite the footy game being played.

doyen

Bench
What a shocker of a game. I really don’t think we came in with a good attitude. We weren’t willing to do the tough stuff and chanced our arm well before we had earned the right to do so. We didn’t build any pressure throughout the game and just didn’t seem interested in getting into the grind. Anyway, 2 points are 2 points. Move on and crush the Eels next week.

As far as what it was like at the game, we had enormous support which was great. My 5 year old said at the end of the game that there were more Rabbitohs fans than Titans (we were sitting in the away supporters section so that might have been part of it).

My little fella loved the game, a lot more than me, and go stuck in to the chants that went up along the way. His face lit up when Reggie arrived for a cuddle.

Probably my highlight of the night was when the two Titans mascots (both Titans funnily enough) came over to Charlie and lifted him up on their shoulders and turned him towards the away supporter section for a standing ovation. I know we all love Charlie but it seems like he is loved by many throughout the game.

Goodonya Charlie CURNS!!!!!

doyen

Bench
What's with Sam,ATM??-----he seemed to be more worried about ensuring that his dyed & gelled hair didn't get ruffled----I noticed the hair was still very much in place in his i/view after the game too;lots of hairspray,I suppose--cute!!!!!
I wonder how long George spends with the rollers in each week!!???
Bleedin' hell!!!
I'm jealous maybe---"desert head."

ThingFish

Juniors

Watch the video in the link guys lol!
I noticed that :laughing:. Not a bad party trick for the guy with the water bottle at BBQs :joy:

Notice the suit at the start try to do the beer top on top trick. Clarkie just goes “just give it here man”:joy:

ThingFish

Juniors
Clarkie charged with Grade 1 dangerous hit to head of Ash Taylor. Free to play with guilty plea.

CliveC

Juniors
Amazing how Souths players are cited for incidents that no one knows about and e.g.Headbutt Napa is not even noticed by the MFC( match fixing committee)

callmack1

Staff member

Awesome man! I'm stoked for your son! Quite fitting considering it is mascot round haha.

Watch the video in the link guys lol!
Clarky is not only the hero we all want, he's the hero we all need after seeing that!! :D:)

Campbell Graham Post-Match Reaction: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/10/Gutsy-effort-secured-the-win-Graham/

Seibold reveals how he has got the best out of his senior players this season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/819fd3424b0915ce92b3da67080500e2

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 @The Windsor Rabbit @Itsamansgame @Souths Till I Die

Right guys time for my review!!

So we had some calls our way but we will take it after not getting em in other games this year! In the first 25 though Titans got away with a few forward passes and AJ didn't knock that bomb on and Sam threw the ball back and it was called a knock on. Plus the Titans had a bobble in the play the ball that wasn't called!

Anyhow I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet and he's done very well in some games defensively at the back compared to previous years and is improving but was found out on Friday was AJ. His strike rate of saving tries would sure be up but he's not GI. He's not GI either when throwing cut out passes and things and chiming in on the edges. I feel AJ needs to learn how when not to pass. A few the other night did not have to be thrown and could've been intercepted. If he keeps that up it will cost us at some point! I feel AJ doesn't take enough runs at the back either. In one game before he was injured he had only 5 runs. Now we can keep AJ there for sure whilst this is origin period is on but in about Round 19-20 I'd like GI to be moved back to fullback. I feel that's how we can make the Grand Final. If AJ stays at the back lads I think we have a lot less chance of making it there as GI sometimes goes missing at centre where we don't get him the gall as much. Whereas GI at the back has free reign pretty much. I guess the negative is his knee and that but I feel he still has more to give at fullback. He stops more tries and comes up with big defensive plays at crucial times too which AJ probably can't stop on big men charging at him!

With Murray on the interchange too when Angus plays I like that as it makes our bench much stronger. I feel like Nicholls took a step backwards along with Clarky the other night. James caught both of them out and they were caught out a bit in general too. Hopefully it was just an off game. I also feel Tatola has not been as good these past few weeks and isn't having that same impact!! Maybe we need to keep in mind having Hunt off the bench and injecting him into the forwards not near the end of the game but just before half time to add sme grunt or something. To me we aren't getting as much grunt off the bench and if we wanna stay a top team we can't have a bench that just cruises along!!

I feel we didn't go as forward as well as previous matches and went sideways too quickly looking for the easy way out.

AJ: Was solid. Showed some good signs. A bit rusty in his first game back from injury. Not as strong defensively, plus threw some silly passes that could've very well been intercepted. As I said I feel he's better off on the wing in the run home for us to have a chance at the Grand Final AJ won't cut the mustard out back. Hopefully Seibs see' this. If he doesn't I'm sure Mark Ellison will!!

Graham: Yes he got caught out a couple of times with positional play under the high ball but I'll forgive him. He looks more natural under the high ball than Jennings does and maybe it's his taller height. Anyhow I love his reads in defence which he gets right regularly in shutting down danger and he hits hard. He saved Douiehi" bacon a couple of times in this match for sure. I love how Campbell gets his hands dirty too. I'm now eating my words about him playing for Norths for rest of the year. He should stay in the top grade and keep getting better and learning. He may cost us a bit under pressure in a finals match but it's probably worth the risk as I see him playing for Souths for a long time! Kennar will find it hard to take Campbell' spot when he comes back! At least it's good competition for spots. Graham would have to either get injured or start struggling to lose his spot!

Douiehi: Very well played for his try and solid in defence bar getting caught out a couple of times. Only had 4 runs for the game though I think. Imo he needs to help out more with the shit work than that to help our hard working forwards and take a bit of pressure off them.

Hunt: I think he only made 1 error and I loved his performance! In fact I think he was our best player tbh! He defended very well and made tackles that had to be made whilst Jennings backed back. Hunt also ran the ball really strongly and with purpose too pumping his legs for those extra few metres and he played the ball quickly. He's really been good with the shit work these past couple of weeks and it's great to see as it hasn't been as prominent from him in his other games over his entire time with Souths. He is holding onto the ball better too these last few weeks. Very proud of him and I would have him ahead of Douiehi as a centre in our squad but I reckon from what I've seen and team selections Seibs prefers Douiehi.

Jennings: I was disappointed. A few silly errors with ball control. Defensively he has a habit of backing back instead of helping his centre close it down. He doesn't read it anywhere near as well as Graham and doesn't seem to know when he has to rush in too shut a play down. I'm shocked the Titans didn't target him under the high ball more either as he's vulnerable. Imo if GI goes back to fullback in the run home Jennings goes back on standby!

Cody: Very happy with his start and he was very dangerous and probing and he worked hard defensively throughout the whole match. But he disappointed me and went missing after the 30min mark. Not one of his better games.

Reynolds: Imo was one of our best. I liked his kicking game and he put his body on the line and defended well. He just tried calming things down too where he could amongst all the errors. He also took on a few runs as well which was good to see. Is it me or does he seem slimmer than last year. Seems he's lost weight and is looking fit!!

Tom: Didn't really have the impact he had in previous weeks. Wasn't running as hard I don't think. Just a bit off he was.

Farah: I liked his energy and didn't overplay. He was also one of our best. Probably second best in our team imo. I liked his passing game and when he ran he was dangerous. A few of his kicks were very good too. What frustrated me was he should've scored that try and he gave a couple of silly penalties away which seems to be a habit the past 2 weeks. Needs to better there if we need him in a finals match! I loved his defence though and he was very hungry defensively.

George: He ran hard with energy! Just a few silly errors came back into his game and I hope they're out of his system now. In defence I thought he was not as focused as normal.

Sutto: Was solid and did a good job. But seemed to be a bit quieter than normal. Still proud of him!

Sam: I know it was listed he was playing middle but to it felt he was playing right edge again. He made good metres and was good defensively which we needed but geez his hands really let him down. I think he was trying too hard. Not one of his better games but very proud he's played 150 with us! Hopefully those dropped balls are now out of his system too!

Clark: Not on of his better games. Didn't have as much impact. He wasn't as good defensively either.

Tatola: As I said I feel he's not had the impact these last few weeks that he had earlier in the season. Was solid though but I wanted more.

Nicholls: I think James showed him up twice and another Titans forward showed him up in the middle along with Clarky. Did his job apart form that But I was a bit disappointed with him like Clark

Fui: No game time!!!

Sorry it's long guys but I had a lot to say!

Travitoh

First Grade
The AJ knock on was the correct call. The only reason he had any control over the footy is because it hit the ground.
Milford's drop goal last season was exactly the same and we all blew up that it wasn't called.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry but I disagree. Imo I saw his left hand under the ball. I have seen so much worse than that be let go!

Anyhow if that is all you have to say to my in depth post then oh well, cheerio:D

callmack1

Staff member

So we had some calls our way but we will take it after not getting em in other games this year! In the first 25 though Titans got away with a few forward passes and AJ didn't knock that bomb on and Sam threw the ball back and it was called a knock on. Plus the Titans had a bobble in the play the ball that wasn't called!

Anyhow I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet and he's done very well in some games defensively at the back compared to previous years and is improving but was found out on Friday was AJ. His strike rate of saving tries would sure be up but he's not GI. He's not GI either when throwing cut out passes and things and chiming in on the edges. I feel AJ needs to learn how when not to pass. A few the other night did not have to be thrown and could've been intercepted. If he keeps that up it will cost us at some point! I feel AJ doesn't take enough runs at the back either. In one game before he was injured he had only 5 runs. Now we can keep AJ there for sure whilst this is origin period is on but in about Round 19-20 I'd like GI to be moved back to fullback. I feel that's how we can make the Grand Final. If AJ stays at the back lads I think we have a lot less chance of making it there as GI sometimes goes missing at centre where we don't get him the gall as much. Whereas GI at the back has free reign pretty much. I guess the negative is his knee and that but I feel he still has more to give at fullback. He stops more tries and comes up with big defensive plays at crucial times too which AJ probably can't stop on big men charging at him!

With Murray on the interchange too when Angus plays I like that as it makes our bench much stronger. I feel like Nicholls took a step backwards along with Clarky the other night. James caught both of them out and they were caught out a bit in general too. Hopefully it was just an off game. I also feel Tatola has not been as good these past few weeks and isn't having that same impact!! Maybe we need to keep in mind having Hunt off the bench and injecting him into the forwards not near the end of the game but just before half time to add sme grunt or something. To me we aren't getting as much grunt off the bench and if we wanna stay a top team we can't have a bench that just cruises along!!

I feel we didn't go as forward as well as previous matches and went sideways too quickly looking for the easy way out.

AJ: Was solid. Showed some good signs. A bit rusty in his first game back from injury. Not as strong defensively, plus threw some silly passes that could've very well been intercepted. As I said I feel he's better off on the wing in the run home for us to have a chance at the Grand Final AJ won't cut the mustard out back. Hopefully Seibs see' this. If he doesn't I'm sure Mark Ellison will!!

Graham: Yes he got caught out a couple of times with positional play under the high ball but I'll forgive him. He looks more natural under the high ball than Jennings does and maybe it's his taller height. Anyhow I love his reads in defence which he gets right regularly in shutting down danger and he hits hard. He saved Douiehi" bacon a couple of times in this match for sure. I love how Campbell gets his hands dirty too. I'm now eating my words about him playing for Norths for rest of the year. He should stay in the top grade and keep getting better and learning. He may cost us a bit under pressure in a finals match but it's probably worth the risk as I see him playing for Souths for a long time! Kennar will find it hard to take Campbell' spot when he comes back! At least it's good competition for spots. Graham would have to either get injured or start struggling to lose his spot!

Douiehi: Very well played for his try and solid in defence bar getting caught out a couple of times. Only had 4 runs for the game though I think. Imo he needs to help out more with the shit work than that to help our hard working forwards and take a bit of pressure off them.

Hunt: I think he only made 1 error and I loved his performance! In fact I think he was our best player tbh! He defended very well and made tackles that had to be made whilst Jennings backed back. Hunt also ran the ball really strongly and with purpose too pumping his legs for those extra few metres and he played the ball quickly. He's really been good with the shit work these past couple of weeks and it's great to see as it hasn't been as prominent from him in his other games over his entire time with Souths. He is holding onto the ball better too these last few weeks. Very proud of him and I would have him ahead of Douiehi as a centre in our squad but I reckon from what I've seen and team selections Seibs prefers Douiehi.

Jennings: I was disappointed. A few silly errors with ball control. Defensively he has a habit of backing back instead of helping his centre close it down. He doesn't read it anywhere near as well as Graham and doesn't seem to know when he has to rush in too shut a play down. I'm shocked the Titans didn't target him under the high ball more either as he's vulnerable. Imo if GI goes back to fullback in the run home Jennings goes back on standby!

Cody: Very happy with his start and he was very dangerous and probing and he worked hard defensively throughout the whole match. But he disappointed me and went missing after the 30min mark. Not one of his better games.

Reynolds: Imo was one of our best. I liked his kicking game and he put his body on the line and defended well. He just tried calming things down too where he could amongst all the errors. He also took on a few runs as well which was good to see. Is it me or does he seem slimmer than last year. Seems he's lost weight and is looking fit!!

Tom: Didn't really have the impact he had in previous weeks. Wasn't running as hard I don't think. Just a bit off he was.

Farah: I liked his energy and didn't overplay. He was also one of our best. Probably second best in our team imo. I liked his passing game and when he ran he was dangerous. A few of his kicks were very good too. What frustrated me was he should've scored that try and he gave a couple of silly penalties away which seems to be a habit the past 2 weeks. Needs to better there if we need him in a finals match! I loved his defence though and he was very hungry defensively.

George: He ran hard with energy! Just a few silly errors came back into his game and I hope they're out of his system now. In defence I thought he was not as focused as normal.

Sutto: Was solid and did a good job. But seemed to be a bit quieter than normal. Still proud of him!

Sam: I know it was listed he was playing middle but to it felt he was playing right edge again. He made good metres and was good defensively which we needed but geez his hands really let him down. I think he was trying too hard. Not one of his better games but very proud he's played 150 with us! Hopefully those dropped balls are now out of his system too!

Clark: Not on of his better games. Didn't have as much impact. He wasn't as good defensively either.

Tatola: As I said I feel he's not had the impact these last few weeks that he had earlier in the season. Was solid though but I wanted more.

Nicholls: I think James showed him up twice and another Titans forward showed him up in the middle along with Clarky. Did his job apart form that But I was a bit disappointed with him like Clark

Great review mate and I agree with most of it.

truthslayer

Juniors

Not a bad review, Im glad you picked up on the defensive lapses of Clark and Nicholls!

ThingFish

Juniors

Very thoughtful review. Agree with your assessment of AJ. I feel much safer with GI at the back. I’ve got a lot more confidence in GI’s knee since those games at FB and SOO1.

However I don’t think that was the kind of game you base major changes on. I think Seibs will give AJ a chance to return to form. I’m sure there will be some point in the season GI will go to FB. Hopefully it’s in September when the other teams think they have us worked out, then bam, switcheroo, game changer, too late to go back to the drawing board guys, Seibs has them all fncked, check and mate.