What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Old dog

Juniors
If he does play, and I doubt, he will play a lot different, less handling of ball due to many big time players but he can more pick his runs knowing the team aren't solely depending on him. Of course the opposition will be very strong across the park, will, would, be interesting

Dave_

Juniors
Apparently not playing unless Gagai is ruled out with his dislocated finger. Morgan playing Fullback with Milfdud on the bench.

Burwood

Bench
Happy, but disappointed. No chance of him getting injured, but would have loved to see how he went thrown in the deep end. Have no doubts he would have stood out.

I reckon he'll be in this year. Dunno how to react since it's been ages since we had a decent Qld rep player.
He'd need decent time training to get combinations or an understanding of how he plays going.

Yosh

Coach

We allowed to list stuff like this? Not mine but let us bask in the glory that is Ponga. More highlights in half a season than we've had from the team the three seasons before.

Also, how good is Fitzy? We need to get him the ball at least three times as much as he had last game.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Is Bob Fulton a consulting selector for QLD now?

No Ponga is just stupid selection. Very NSW like selecting.

FMD easily top 5 player of the year, but not good enough to beat Milford...

FMD twice on Sunday.

Burwood

Bench
Is Bob Fulton a consulting selector for QLD now?

No Ponga is just stupid selection. Very NSW like selecting.

FMD easily top 5 player of the year, but not good enough to beat Milford...

FMD twice on Sunday.

I can sort of understand Ponga missing out on the bench spot in game 1, but how they could pick anybody over him at fullback is beyond me. The second Slater was injured, Ponga should have been a straight replacement- not shifting Morgan into the position and bringing Milford onto the bench.

TooheysNew

Coach
I can sort of understand Ponga missing out on the bench spot in game 1, but how they could pick anybody over him at fullback is beyond me. The second Slater was injured, Ponga should have been a straight replacement- not shifting Morgan into the position and bringing Milford onto the bench.
It makes perfect sense to me. Put someone in who has trained with the team. Dont throw a rookie in underdone.

Burwood

Bench
It’s not like Milford has plenty of experience with the team- 2/3rds of it has changed since he was dropped after game 1 last year, including a completely different spine.

The selectors have no worries playing down the benefit of selecting Ponga in the 17, but don’t have any problem giving excuses as to why he can’t be selected. Apparently selectors think it’s too much on Ponga to back up on a Wednesday after playing on the Saturday before? :confused:

TooheysNew

Coach
It’s not like Milford has plenty of experience with the team- 2/3rds of it has changed since he was dropped after game 1 last year, including a completely different spine.

The selectors have no worries playing down the benefit of selecting Ponga in the 17, but don’t have any problem giving excuses as to why he can’t be selected. Apparently selectors think it’s too much on Ponga to back up on a Wednesday after playing on the Saturday before? :confused:
Milford didnt start at fullback either. If it was a centre spot that opened up then a rookie wouldnt be such an issue. Asking him to come in and direct them in defence? Slightly different.

Latest posts