What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
On the Matty Johns show Seibs kinda put to bed the rumours that The Broncs have offered him big money to jump ship for next year. It was funny, (and interesting), that Cody Walker chimed in with an excited “1.5 million!!”.

Seibs said the offer has not been made, he’s loving Souths and he has one more year on his contract. Thank goodness coaches are not on the salary cap because Seibs is going to be in high demand and is going to cost us massive coin to retain. Coin well spent I think.

callmack1

Staff member
On the Matty Johns show Seibs kinda put to bed the rumours that The Broncs have offered him big money to jump ship for next year. It was funny, (and interesting), that Cody Walker chimed in with an excited “1.5 million!!”.

Seibs said the offer has not been made, he’s loving Souths and he has one more year on his contract. Thank goodness coaches are not on the salary cap because Seibs is going to be in high demand and is going to cost us massive coin to retain. Coin well spent I think.
Couldn't agree more and we must, must hold onto Seibs. You look at what he's already done this year and it is actually incredible, so incredible that imo, he'd be in contention for coach of the year 100%.

Our Premiership window includes Seibs.

I missed Matty Johns last night but I've got it recorded and can't wait to watch it!

Galeforce

Bench

unfortunately Broncos do not need anyone next year...........Bennett has stated he wants to continue coaching next year..........Bellamy's issue is that he cannot go to Broncos next year , because of Bennett staying and Storm will not accept a 1 year contract......i.e. Bellamy either signs with Storm for three years or goes on holiday for a year and then goes to Broncos 2020.

If Bellamy does not want a holiday , he will sign with Storm for three years and then Broncos will be looking for a Coach for 2020. Seibs contract ends 2019 , so he becomes a " possible" for Broncos for 2020. Seibs comments on Matty Johns show mean nothing for 2020.........of course Seibs would not state any interest in Broncos at this time........would be a great way to deflate a premiership drive and his own career.For mine , he may as well have said "no comment" and would mean the same logically , however from a Souths perspective his comments appear positive , as they should be from a smart coach.

The only news on Seibs that will be great will be souths announcing he has extended and that will not be cheap if Souths continue their drive.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Couldn't agree more and we must, must hold onto Seibs. You look at what he's already done this year and it is actually incredible, so incredible that imo, he'd be in contention for coach of the year 100%.

I missed Matty Johns last night but I've got it recorded and can't wait to watch it!
Was a really good episode. Great interview with Ray Martin

Rabbitoad

Juniors
unfortunately Broncos do not need anyone next year...........Bennett has stated he wants to continue coaching next year..........Bellamy's issue is that he cannot go to Broncos next year , because of Bennett staying and Storm will not accept a 1 year contract......i.e. Bellamy either signs with Storm for three years or goes on holiday for a year and then goes to Broncos 2020.

If Bellamy does not want a holiday , he will sign with Storm for three years and then Broncos will be looking for a Coach for 2020. Seibs contract ends 2019 , so he becomes a " possible" for Broncos for 2020. Seibs comments on Matty Johns show mean nothing for 2020.........of course Seibs would not state any interest in Broncos at this time........would be a great way to deflate a premiership drive and his own career.For mine , he may as well have said "no comment" and would mean the same logically , however from a Souths perspective his comments appear positive , as they should be from a smart coach.

The only news on Seibs that will be great will be souths announcing he has extended and that will not be cheap if Souths continue their drive.
The Seibold rumour was that he goes there for 2020 when both Bennett and Seibold come off contract.

So yeah, it absolutely means something for 2020

Travitoh

First Grade

Brisbane do need someone for next year, it's just unfortunate for them that Bennett has a contract.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Sure could be coach of the year....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Well, after last weekend, I think Willie Peters needs to get them in for another session. Should include Sam as well.
We went back to trying to play everything up the centre third of the ruck, so Gold Coast compressed their defensive line and forced more errors. Just like teams were doing last year.

The faster service from Cook and three star players on the edge of the ruck returning should correct that this week.

Spread the ball, spread the defensive lines then watch our big men make metres and our fast guys run riot.

It's worked so well all year, I don't know why we went away from it against the Titans

SOUTHS WANT SUTTON TO PLAY ON IN 2019

As he prepares to become South Sydney’s first player to break the illustrious 300-game NRL milestone, John Sutton has moved closer to re-signing for next season.

Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold says the club wants him to play on in 2019 and it was just a matter of coming to an agreement.

Sutton, 33, last month indicated he wanted to play on and the deal now appears to hinge on their salary cap and finding enough space for one of their most decorated players.

“Sutto’s indicated that he’d like to play and we’ve indicated we’d like to keep him if we can,” Seibold said.

“I’ll let the management sort that out.

“But both parties are keen for it to happen. We’re just going through that process.

“Sutto, if he’s not in career-best form he’s somewhere near it. “He’s terrific off the field for the club as well, his knowledge of football and his leadership.”

It shapes as a boost for the rejuvenated back-rower as he prepares to run out for his 297th NRL game against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

The Souths local junior already holds the foundation club’s record for most games and barring injury or suspension will become the red and green’s first player to reach the 300-match milestone against the Wests Tigers in round 19 next month.

After captaining the club to their drought-breaking premiership win in 2014, he holds a special place in Souths folklore.

As part of the Rabbitohs’ in-form left-edge, Sutton has shaken off an indifferent couple of seasons to play some of his best-ever football this year under Seibold.

“I haven’t been surprised because his knowledge of the game is outstanding,” Seibold said.

“He had a really good pre-season, I’m a big believer that what you do on the training paddock transfers to game day.

“Not only on the field, but in the gym. He’s had career-best lifts inside the gym. So he’s strong, powerful, fit and with the skill level that he’s got, he set himself up for a positive season.”

- Steve Zemek

SOUTHS WANT SUTTON TO PLAY ON IN 2019

As he prepares to become South Sydney’s first player to break the illustrious 300-game NRL milestone, John Sutton has moved closer to re-signing for next season.

Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold says the club wants him to play on in 2019 and it was just a matter of coming to an agreement.

Sutton, 33, last month indicated he wanted to play on and the deal now appears to hinge on their salary cap and finding enough space for one of their most decorated players.

“Sutto’s indicated that he’d like to play and we’ve indicated we’d like to keep him if we can,” Seibold said.

“I’ll let the management sort that out.

“But both parties are keen for it to happen. We’re just going through that process.

“Sutto, if he’s not in career-best form he’s somewhere near it. “He’s terrific off the field for the club as well, his knowledge of football and his leadership.”

It shapes as a boost for the rejuvenated back-rower as he prepares to run out for his 297th NRL game against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

The Souths local junior already holds the foundation club’s record for most games and barring injury or suspension will become the red and green’s first player to reach the 300-match milestone against the Wests Tigers in round 19 next month.

After captaining the club to their drought-breaking premiership win in 2014, he holds a special place in Souths folklore.

As part of the Rabbitohs’ in-form left-edge, Sutton has shaken off an indifferent couple of seasons to play some of his best-ever football this year under Seibold.

“I haven’t been surprised because his knowledge of the game is outstanding,” Seibold said.

“He had a really good pre-season, I’m a big believer that what you do on the training paddock transfers to game day.

“Not only on the field, but in the gym. He’s had career-best lifts inside the gym. So he’s strong, powerful, fit and with the skill level that he’s got, he set himself up for a positive season.”

- Steve Zemek

Hey Newc, this needs a link please mate.

Thanks.

Latest posts