What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd quits rep footy

no name

Coach
Must have been a tough decision to give up all those jerseys he was in line for.

Seriously though, as unlikeable as he seems, he has a great record at rep level.

Good on him for a great rep career.

big hit!

Bench
the rumour that he was called into camp by Kevvie last week apparently was true. Darius called Slater to find out how he was and William said he was going to be right to play. I guess Darius didn't want to cancel a family holiday if he was just going to take reps at training, which is what Mbye ended up doing in Slater's absence. Then William tears the hamstring at the Sunday or Monday training session.

The irony is Darius would've played Game 1 if he went to camp when called in. The whole thing with Slater & Hunt really f**ked QLD last week. Mbye trained at FB, Morgan as the right-side half, and in the end Morgan played FB. Kevvie wasn't impressed about Darius turning the call-in down and I think word has filtered through that he will never be considered again. Darius just made it official.

typicalfan

Coach
Seriously though this seems a bit bitter unless he is worried about his fitness. Difference between him and the others is he wasn’t picked.

Saxon

Bench
Still a f*ckin' cry baby.

Chose not to be a shadow player so he could take a holiday, then chucks teddy out of the crib when Kevvie says "You don't want to train, you don't get to play".

Anyway, on this year's performances there are at least 4 QLD fullback options ahead of him.

OldPanther

Coach
Still a f*ckin' cry baby.

Chose not to be a shadow player so he could take a holiday, then chucks teddy out of the crib when Kevvie says "You don't want to train, you don't get to play".

Anyway, on this year's performances there are at least 4 QLD fullback options ahead of him.

He asked and Billy said he'd be right to play. f**k giving up a holiday with the family for no game time. He's also said himself his form isn't deserving of a QLD jersey.

myrrh ken

First Grade
He has performed well for qld 30 times or so but was shown the famous qld loyalty treatment.

if kevvy wants to be petty and boycott him then so be it.

Qld eating their own. Apparently Oates is not happy about not getting a phone call.

Will be interesting if there are a few more injuries.

davi

Juniors
Darius Boyd never refused to play for QLD, he refused to give up a holiday to be a shadow player. That's a bit different to Jamie Lyons and Matt Cooper who have turned down playing. Some of you on here are also making out Boyd is a fringe player scrub, he has played 28 state of origin games for QLD for God's sake.

I actually can seen a bright side for Boyd. his form has been patchy, but niggling injuries with his hamstring are behind some of it. There's an argument that Justin Hodges should of given away origin earlier because of all the injuries he racked up.

I also don't think Boyd was a lock to be out of origin next year as some have egged on without Slater not being around next year. The politics with Walters probably has ended it, but if Boyd can find form again his name would be still in the mix it he hadn't retired. I'm happy to acknowledge Queensland probably are more likely to look to the future with Ponga and Milford though.

I originally thought Boyd didn't get picked because he's broken-down and washed-up. I thought the general consensus was that he was finished. He's not even a first grade quality player anymore. He should retire from all RL immediately. He's done.