What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Frank Facer

First Grade
Omg we need a smart coaching like the Panthers, Rabbits and the Storm, 3 mistakes in a row that gave the Bullgrubs a chance.
Has anyone got a slippery dip for the players to have simple fun!
So do you think that Mary coached the players to make those mistakes? lol Blame the players for the mistakes. If you were coach, would you be responsible for the same players making the same mistakes?

to_ddeath

Coach
Playing like that against a rudderless mob like that is unacceptable IMO.
Well off pace in every respect...should never have come to that.
Should've made a statement with exclamation point and destroyed those jokers.
Instead it's a shitfight won on penalty goals and a try saver.
They play with as much aspiration as the coach..if scraping into the 8 is acceptable, they will respond with more of those barely-there efforts.
Don't give a rats bum where we're sitting..it's only round 26 ladder positions that have any true meaning.

18to87

First Grade
Bennett often only used 16 players when he coached us. Were you as critical of him as you were Mary about his use of the bench. We are leading the comp too.
He basically used 15 today and has come close many times this year. With all the guys playing Origin, do you really think they will have anything left in the tank at the end of the year? Even if they make the 4 or 8, the signs are there that the side will fade in August.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah right, we are leading the comp and our club is going to sack the coach. It is the wrong year. Can anyone name a coach that has been sacked when his team was leading the comp. I doubt it.
Manly sacked Hasler in 2011 immediately after winning a premiership.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Manly sacked Hasler in 2011 immediately after winning a premiership.
lol

You left something out there. lol Manly sacked Hasler after he signed to coach Canterbury in 2013 and onwards after they won the 2011 comp. If my memory serves me correctly, there was talk that Hasler was trying to lure Manly players to Canterbury with him and that is why Manly sacked him. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
He basically used 15 today and has come close many times this year. With all the guys playing Origin, do you really think they will have anything left in the tank at the end of the year? Even if they make the 4 or 8, the signs are there that the side will fade in August.
Hopefully our forwards will be the fittest pack in the comp by the end of the year. lol

The Damo

Juniors
Omg we need a smart coaching like the Panthers, Rabbits and the Storm, 3 mistakes in a row that gave the Bullgrubs a chance.
Has anyone got a slippery dip for the players to have simple fun!
Just sayin’ - rabbits made 16 errors on the weekend.

ozbuck

Juniors
So do you think that Mary coached the players to make those mistakes? lol Blame the players for the mistakes. If you were coach, would you be responsible for the same players making the same mistakes?

Exactly.

The amount of blame that is cast upon Mary for things he has no hand in by some Dragons fans is unbelievable.

I'm a dragons fan and it's literally embarrassing hearing people want to create a scapegoat of their coach.....WHO HAS THEIR TEAM 1ST PLACE AFTER MORE THAN HALF THE SEASON HAS PAST.

to_ddeath

Coach
Exactly.

The amount of blame that is cast upon Mary for things he has no hand in by some Dragons fans is unbelievable.

I'm a dragons fan and it's literally embarrassing hearing people want to create a scapegoat of their coach.....WHO HAS THEIR TEAM 1ST PLACE AFTER MORE THAN HALF THE SEASON HAS PAST.

#earlyjunepremiers

giboz71

First Grade
lol

You left something out there. lol Manly sacked Hasler after he signed to coach Canterbury in 2013 and onwards after they won the 2011 comp. If my memory serves me correctly, there was talk that Hasler was trying to lure Manly players to Canterbury with him and that is why Manly sacked him. lol

Spot on.

He wasn’t sacked due to non performance, but due to breaches in his contract by enticing staff to join him at the Dogs in 2013.

I’m no Mary fan, but the only way he gets sacked is if we don’t make the 8 from this point which is now looking unlikely.

The Mary pitchfork brigade might have to wait another year or two.

giboz71

First Grade
March Premiers
April Premiers
May Premiers
June Premiers
Next stop July.
Oh, sack the coach, we can do better.
Maybe we can get Green or Arthur?

I hear Hasler’s available as well and he can fill 2 roles as coach and recruitment boss.

Why don’t we kill 2 birds with one stone and sack Mary and Millward and let Hasler take us into the future like he did at the Dogs?

While we’re at it why don’t we get Raelene Castle to replace Doust seeing we need a new CEO?

Come on we’re a rabble aren’t we? Forget we’re leading FG and ISP mid season and our cap is in the best state in years, let’s clean the joint out.

I hear Hasler’s available as well and he can fill 2 roles as coach and recruitment boss.

Why don’t we kill 2 birds with one stone and sack Mary and Millward and let Hasler take us into the future like he did at the Dogs?

While we’re at it why don’t we get Raelene Castle to replace Doust seeing we need a new CEO?

Come on we’re a rabble aren’t we? Forget we’re leading FG and ISP mid season and our cap is in the best state in years, let’s clean the joint out.

I believe Raelene Castle is tied up driving Rugby Union into the ground, but Todd Greenberg may soon be available.

BennyV

Referee
lol

I left it out because it's irrelevant. You asked for an example. I gave one. Had you said ' there's no examples of a coach sacked for poor performance when his team is leading the comp' then I wouldnt have an example. But you didnt.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Hardly exciting scraping in by a penalty goal to Beat a bottom placed side had we played a heavy weight side we would of been blown away again similar to the Penrith debacle this is really it no excuses for McGregor he had a bye and four players backing up from origin had a 5 day turn around going into the second half of the year injury free if the wobbles continue and we mis the play offs or we fall into the play offs and get bundled out first week McGregor should be sent packing his had 5 yrs enough of the crap time for a real coach to take over

Frank Facer

First Grade
I left it out because it's irrelevant. You asked for an example. I gave one. Had you said ' there's no examples of a coach sacked for poor performance when his team is leading the comp' then I wouldnt have an example. But you didnt.
I actually said can anyone name a coach that was sacked when his team was leading the comp.

Hasler signed to coach Canterbury after Manly had won the comp, but still had another year left on his contract with Manly. So technically the season was over, when Manly sacked Halser. The fact that he had signed to coach Canterbury, but had another year left on his contract and was trying to take players with him to Canterbury was very relevant. He was only sacked after he had signed to coach Canterbury. Hasler earned a lot more coaching Canterbury in 2013, than he would have coaching Manly. If anything it worked out in Halser's favor. Technically he was sacked, but really he got out of his contract at Manly and got a pay rise for the next season, that he wouldn't have got, had he fulfilled the last year of his contract. lol