What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N/A.

ouryears

Bench
With Mal calling for a new halves pairing at the Cowboys and Green saying he may do it, what will happen with JT?

ouryears

Bench
I think they'd sack their Coach before JT and we know that ain't going to happen.
Can't believe we dropped our legend Billy Smith to reserves, he stayed there.

Those were the days.

Watching Green the other day, he will do something, maybe won't drop JT, but he will make some changes.

ouryears

Bench
There is no way JT will get dropped to reserves. No way in the world. It's not as if there are better options for them, Te Maire Martin is f**king awful.
Their halves pairing with JT injured most of last year who took them to the GF?

Morgan and Te Maire Martin.

He can't be that bad, can he?

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
I thought Meninga suggested that Morgan take over as the main playmaker, with Thurston taking a step back, which makes sense. I think moving Morgan to fullback has been a mistake, Coote is still a better fit there. Not sure what it has to do with us.

There's no way Thurston is being dropped anyway.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Thurston played well when the Cows were up against Manly. Then again Manly look like they've given up for the year. I don't think they'll drop Thurston, he'll play out the season, get a testimonial game or two, keys to the city, that sort of thing.

Why are we talking about this?

Thurston played well when the Cows were up against Manly. Then again Manly look like they've given up for the year. I don't think they'll drop Thurston, he'll play out the season, get a testimonial game or two, keys to the city, that sort of thing.

Why are we talking about this?
Because Mickeylane wants to sign him

ouryears

Bench
I would prefer to speculate on dragons team decisions in a dragons forum..
Lots of non dragon's stuff is interesting to some.
It's a game, not one club.
But that's fine, then just don't respond to those non dragon's threads.
There are 100s of threads on dragon's stuff
Should we sack Mary, nighty, Nene, etc etc etc
Repetitious.

ouryears

Bench
I thought Meninga suggested that Morgan take over as the main playmaker, with Thurston taking a step back, which makes sense. I think moving Morgan to fullback has been a mistake, Coote is still a better fit there. Not sure what it has to do with us.

There's no way Thurston is being dropped anyway.
Ok, can the thread.
Let's talk more about sack Mary, sack nighty, sack Nene, sack Lafai, sack Aitken, interchange bench, let's talk endless about the same stuff until we pass out from it.

That's fine. Boring as shit after months and months of the same.

Doesn't the game overall interest anyone any more?

Snooze.......

Gareth67

First Grade
I think that a club such as Newcastle would receive great advantage from someone such as Thurston . Sure the man has slowed down considerably , however he still possese's a great footy brain , one that would be of tremendous benefit to a young team such as the Knights .

In saying that , I certainly would not mind having him coming off the bench at semi-final time .
Even our Mary would use him - wouldn't he ?

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Thurston is one of the best players I have seen play the game. A definite future immortal, but this year he is a shadow of his former self. He will definitely be retiring at the end of the season. I am pretty sure that he will get a job in the media when he retires.

I dropped him from my supercoach team today. He has been dropping in price all year.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Thurston is one of the best players I have seen play the game. A definite future immortal, but this year he is a shadow of his former self. He will definitely be retiring at the end of the season. I am pretty sure that he will get a job in the media when he retires.

I dropped him from my supercoach team today. He has been dropping in price all year.

Frank Facer you are ruthless.