What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think we will be very competitive against both Denmark/Peru and are capable of beating both but I do think on a whole we are rightfully the outsider of the 4 teams.

I’d like to think we will snag at least a draw somewhere

Smack

Coach
being hopeful is probabaly the best we can do

I think we can realistically get a win against Peru, Vs Denmark the key danger man is Eriksen they don't scare me like France.

We can come away with points from these two and maybe make it out of groups if we play our best. A good showing against France should get the ball rolling.

DC80

Juniors
If Australia get through this group they should hand you the trophy.

France, if they are on it, could hand someone a real hiding. The pace upfront with Mbappe and Dembele can cause havoc, as can the finishing of Griezmann. The weakness is the coach Deschamps who has an obsession for picking Giroud who slows everything down. He’s a target man who you swing crosses into, the quick stuff he can’t do. Aussies can cope with him, the others are a different cattle of fish.

Denmark, it’s all about stopping Eriksen. Easier said than done, he absolutely massacred Ireland in the playoffs.

Peru apparently are very good technically, but not so good on the physical side of the game. They can be got at.

abpanther

Staff member
The thing with the French is that they're mentally soft, they've already made comments about the Aussies rough house tactics. I reckon if we can make it tough early, turn it into a scrappy affair and keep it 0-0 for a while they will get frustrated and turn on each other. Easier said than done with all the speed and talent they have but achievable.

Smack

Coach
If Australia get through this group they should hand you the trophy.

France, if they are on it, could hand someone a real hiding. The pace upfront with Mbappe and Dembele can cause havoc, as can the finishing of Griezmann. The weakness is the coach Deschamps who has an obsession for picking Giroud who slows everything down. He’s a target man who you swing crosses into, the quick stuff he can’t do. Aussies can cope with him, the others are a different cattle of fish.

Denmark, it’s all about stopping Eriksen. Easier said than done, he absolutely massacred Ireland in the playoffs.

Peru apparently are very good technically, but not so good on the physical side of the game. They can be got at.

I don't believe the French have any weaknesses whatsoever. I would start Giroud and bring on a pacey attacker when the defence tires in the late stages of the game.

I believe we will try and press, but unless we pull off a perfect game, we won't get anything from this. If it was up to me, I'd play very defensively, sit back and maybe look to hit Arzani or Leckie on the break.

Our defence is our biggest weakness and I have a bad feeling they will put 4 past us.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Lucky that we have the French first. I see them putting up a big score in their 3rd game

Best hope we have is if this is the most arrogant French team of all time and have already booked the points against us. But I don't see that happening

hellteam

First Grade
The thing with the French is that they're mentally soft, they've already made comments about the Aussies rough house tactics. I reckon if we can make it tough early, turn it into a scrappy affair and keep it 0-0 for a while they will get frustrated and turn on each other. Easier said than done with all the speed and talent they have but achievable.

I feel like we say that same thing every time the Socceroos play a good team

DC80

Juniors
Lucky that we have the French first. I see them putting up a big score in their 3rd game

Best hope we have is if this is the most arrogant French team of all time and have already booked the points against us. But I don't see that happening
See what you are saying...may take them time to bed in. A draw would be a fabulous result for you.

Mbappe for me is a future world player of the year. Haven’t seen anyone that good at his age since the Brazilian Ronaldo. He can make anyone look a mug. He looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle...he has a similar cartoonish look that Ronaldinho has.