What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American love for Kalyn Ponga

2 weeks

Coach
That vid is classic.
The dude kinda knows his stuff.
Probably more knowledge than Peter Beattie.
When he started sucking on the bottle of cordial I spat coffee everywhere.
The Uate hit had his best line imo
"Look where he hitting him at"

T-Boon

Coach
K-Pong would not be fast enough to play in the NFL. He would only be considered as a wide receiver prospect. Not enough quickness.
He is brilliantly skilful on the hit-up iron so should stay here. RU will try to entice him with big dollars but I cant see him taking the bait.

David brown

Juniors
He would most likely succeed in the NFL more than Hayne did... Pretty crazy thats just 14 rounds of Highlights, Imagine this merkins highlight package by the end of his career.. 20 yrs old and already in the top 5 players in the NRL future immortal if he stays in the code...

Dave_

Juniors
Best player in the comp already. Who would you swap him for? Gives me them good shivers watching how many highlights he has in just half a season. So stoked we have him wrapped up long term.

Cowboys made one of the best recruitment decisions of all time signing Thurston from the Dogs...and made THE worst recruitment/retention decision of all time allowing Ponga to go.

Lol @ everyone saying we paid too much...this is the best bargain buy of all time. Will single handedly win comps throughout his career.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Best player in the comp already. Who would you swap him for? Gives me them good shivers watching how many highlights he has in just half a season. So stoked we have him wrapped up long term.

Cowboys made one of the best recruitment decisions of all time signing Thurston from the Dogs...and made THE worst recruitment/retention decision of all time allowing Ponga to go.

Lol @ everyone saying we paid too much...this is the best bargain buy of all time. Will single handedly win comps throughout his career.

I didn't begrudge him going to the Knights for a good chunk a change. Good on him. His only drawback was his Dad seems like a Class A knob.

The only issue from here for Knights fans is the $$ that will be thrown his way at the end of his contract.

Word on the street is that his "dream" is to play for the All Blacks.

In the meantime Knights fans should sit back and enjoy.

some11

Referee
I don't think it was crazy for the Cowboys to let him go, there's been plenty of players who showed a ton of talent early on and ended up being mediocre.

Milford is a prime example.

Dave_

Juniors
I don't think it was crazy for the Cowboys to let him go, there's been plenty of players who showed a ton of talent early on and ended up being mediocre.

Milford is a prime example.
The lolz are real. Milfshit is a dud

Latest posts