What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap on the Shoulder Time

Inferno

Coach
No one is saying sack him now. That is ridiculous. But just because he put in one blinder doesn't mean you re-sign him when half THIS season is still in front of us.

For those laughing at the idea of tapping him on the shoulder, how much do you think he's worth this year, and how much would you re-sign him on next year?

Still waiting for someone to answer this question...

RUBIKS

Juniors
Gal plays. As long as he wants. Period. You blokes all scream about loyalty, show some back. Give him the good grace to go out on his terms. He skull dragged this team through some of the darkest years, yet you want to move him on. Drives me wild.
Gal got paid very well for his time here. It's not like he did a Gavin Miller for us. In his prime every contract negotiation was a struggle.

Also, I can't speak for others, however it's not about wanting him to move on cause I don't want him, it's more about his legacy. For people actually at the game, watch him off the ball, stuff the camera doesn't pick up. It's obvious he's working his arse off to keep up. Which he is, cause he's Gal. However I doubt he will be able to do that next year, since he's struggling to do it this year.

He's got his 9 contract, he should focus on that.

Its irrelevant as he costs us nothing out of the salary cap. he could be on $2 or $2million IDGAF. & we have no other players to put the LSPA towards. Which will be Graham.

You don't know how the LSPA works do you?

Ever think he is nursing his knee? Ever think that the medical staff have insisted that he play reduced minutes to get him through a longer healing period? Ever think that his explosive fitnees may be down because he hasnt run in 12 weeks?
Nah. didnt think so.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Ever think he is nursing his knee? Ever think that the medical staff have insisted that he play reduced minutes to get him through a longer healing period? Ever think that his explosive fitnees may be down because he hasnt run in 12 weeks?
Nah. didnt think so.
Sure - so in other words Gal's body will no longer let him perform at his previous exceptional levels.
There's no shame in that, he is 37, and has been a warrior for us for a long, long time.
Which is why Gal should be convinced to bow to reality & have a great last year in 2018.

SharkShocked

Bench
It really wouldn't surprise me if he pulls up stumps at the end of this year anyway.

Looks more and more disinterested in the questions at each press conf. Jokes around a bit with Flanno at times.

Has a bit of the old grumpy look at times does the old Gal.

Reckon he's not going around another year.

Definitely not 100% fit at the moment though.

In what way will gallen cost us a cent in 2019? or , who else is there to take advantage of long serving player allowance in 2019? Graham is the oldest & hes a year away.
Graham is next year
Actually Lewis gets some as well.
Edit again, Prior can get some too

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
It really wouldn't surprise me if he pulls up stumps at the end of this year anyway.

Looks more and more disinterested in the questions at each press conf. Jokes around a bit with Flanno at times.

Has a bit of the old grumpy look at times does the old Gal.

Reckon he's not going around another year.

Definitely not 100% fit at the moment though.
Yep.

carinashark

First Grade
He is a tough competitor, on the field and at the contract table. He is blue,black and white as any of our greats but I hope he gives it away at the end of the season. Just so I can remember him as Gal and we can move on, as we must.

coolumsharkie

Referee
[QUOTE="bad boy bubby, post: 12955819, member:]

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/[/QUOTE]

Gimme some of that so I can buy a piece of Gal Towers, then make a profit so I can blow it all on a coke deal

Tap! Tap!

Hey Gallen when we are trying to win a game with not much time left to go get the f**k out of the way.

FMD talk about a momentum killer!

Let’s get the ball through the hands.

No Gal wants a hit up on the 4th tackle.

FMD!

snout

First Grade
Minutes on the clock....

We need to score...

Backline is stretched...

Playmakers calling...

Broncos struggling to form a line..

4 tackles gone...

We can do this...

Hang on...

Gal hits it up.

The slowest plodder in the side.

Smart.

Not.

sandshark

Bench
I honestly believe Flanno will give him another season. I swear Gallen had mentioned he was in talks with the club for another go around.