What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
With Lamb it's a case of do we want him, if yes make him a good offer, if he gets better or wants to go let him, will leave us short in halves and might pay more for a lesser player with little or no experience. It's not about where he will go or who will want him, do we.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The situation with Lamb is a really frustrating one. He was looking pretty good at the back end of last year which would have driven his asking price up, presumably we planned to keep him long term so let Cogger and Hodkinson go to accomodate him. Then he turns up this year and plays like a busted and now we don’t really have the halves depth to let him go.

Frank Facer

First Grade
We'd be crazy not to go after him

The only people that would keep him out of an Australian jersey are the origin wingers (Ado-carr, Turbo, Holmes and Gagai) all of which are locked into their current clubs.
Holmes is being linked to Nth Qld on Crounlla's forum.

Knight Vision

First Grade
And where does Lamb possibly get a 7 spot?

Parra, Canberra, NQ (if they leave Morgan at 1), Manly all look to have poor or unsettled halves for next year?

Everyone else seems pretty settled?

Is he the best "reserve" 7 out there?

Just not sure he has much of a market.
at the moment he isnt a first grade ( guaranteed ) anything. I cant think of a single club that would guarantee the kid a starting halves position based on his performances this year. We all know he has the ability.

Old dog

Juniors
We certainly need a replacement for Lillyman, getting nothing out of him and with injuries selectors just be considering playing back rowers at prop, only have Esee with King as backup, may have to throw the likes of Amey and Saulo in deep end, sink or swim

Old dog

Juniors
Not wait for deadline we need to sign a good prop now, need one badly, Lillyman not working, King is a backup/bench, realistically until Saf boys are back and fit Heighinton is our No2 behind Esee, pay overs if have to next 5-6 weeks critical to season

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If he is being shopped around I’m sure Brown and Mooney have at least spoken about him or spoken to him. If he’s not being shopped around then not much we can do.

I hope he is being shopped around and in which case we should throw a lot of $$$ his way. He’s been one of the best props in the nrl this year and possesses all the attributes we badly need.

Still Nutty

Juniors
If he is being shopped around I’m sure Brown and Mooney have at least spoken about him or spoken to him. If he’s not being shopped around then not much we can do.

I hope he is being shopped around and in which case we should throw a lot of $$$ his way. He’s been one of the best props in the nrl this year and possesses all the attributes we badly need.

As much as I'd love to have him here, this tells me we are likely to be zero chance of him coming to the Hunter...as well as the perennial interest from the Roosters for anybody that is on the market, it is more likely he is also the next target of the Sharks, with Gallen and Lewis at the back end of their respective careers - just my take on it.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/rea...y/news-story/7a63b9d2044e141bf4fd73ef67402ce7

Last edited:

Latest posts