What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American love for Kalyn Ponga

gUt

Coach
needs to see a Ricky Stuart sideline/press conference highlights package

adamkungl

Immortal
Jaysus.. I've watched most Newie games this year so I know what he's capable of but f**k me that's a good highlights video. If Newie puts together a good side around him (or he goes to a top team).. and he gets the right coaching for the next 5-8 years, he'll be an all time great.

Lebbo73

Bench
Best player in the comp already. Who would you swap him for? Gives me them good shivers watching how many highlights he has in just half a season. So stoked we have him wrapped up long term.

Cowboys made one of the best recruitment decisions of all time signing Thurston from the Dogs...and made THE worst recruitment/retention decision of all time allowing Ponga to go.

Lol @ everyone saying we paid too much...this is the best bargain buy of all time. Will single handedly win comps throughout his career.
He won’t win comps at Newcastle!

perverse

Referee
Took him half a season to put that reel together. Remarkable. Probably the player of his generation. Composure, vision, speed, kicking, courage... I'm yet to figure out if there's actually anything he can't do. All of this at 20 years of age.

We'll be in the mix for premierships if we can get a decent set of pigs in the middle to make some space for him and Pearce, no doubt about it.

First Grade
Took him half a season to put that reel together. Remarkable. Probably the player of his generation. Composure, vision, speed, kicking, courage... I'm yet to figure out if there's actually anything he can't do. All of this at 20 years of age.

We'll be in the mix for premierships if we can get a decent set of pigs in the middle to make some space for him and Pearce, no doubt about it.
And Ramien, I think he will add a lot of value

TheFrog

Coach
He'll definitely win comps at Newy. Next season even. Maybe this year
By the time the Knights have the sort of forward pack necessary to win a comp, Ponga will have been poached by the Roosters or Broncos.

Noname36

First Grade
By the time the Knights have the sort of forward pack necessary to win a comp, Ponga will have been poached by the Roosters or Broncos.

Although I think his post was tongue in cheek...you’re right...and I’m a Knights supporter

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jaysus.. I've watched most Newie games this year so I know what he's capable of but f**k me that's a good highlights video. If Newie puts together a good side around him (or he goes to a top team).. and he gets the right coaching for the next 5-8 years, he'll be an all time great.

There a big if. Look a SJ first half season at the Warriors- crazy highlight reel and got them to a GF, but the Warriors haven’t made the finals since, not because of SJ fizzing out (he’s been pretty consistent and is still one of the most spectacular players in the comp) but because his team has been terribly coached and managed ever since.

Dave_

Juniors
There a big if. Look a SJ first half season at the Warriors- crazy highlight reel and got them to a GF, but the Warriors haven’t made the finals since, not because of SJ fizzing out (he’s been pretty consistent and is still one of the most spectacular players in the comp) but because his team has been terribly coached and managed ever since.
SJ consistent? Lol dude...

Latest posts