What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys

vvvrulz

Coach
WARRIORS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

6.00pm, Friday, June 15, 2018
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville

WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 KARL LAWTON
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 BUNTY AFOA
17 SIMON MANNERING
18 GERARD BEALE
20 MASON LINO
21 LIGI SAO
22 ANTHONY GELLING

JJ

Immortal
Don't agree. Beale has been brilliant and it needs to be a conversation. Hiku is absolutely dire on defence (he even admitted it last week, says it's mindset) and his attack is not compensating for it. Beale has more upside.

Our best performing side has Beale at centre. Only reason Hiku will be picked again is because we're winning and Kearney doesn't want to rock the boat.
Beale is the better option no mistake

But at other clubs it's become clear he's not a terribly good centre. None of Beale, Hoffman or Hiku developed as much as I'd have hoped

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Beale is the better option no mistake

But at other clubs it's become clear he's not a terribly good centre. None of Beale, Hoffman or Hiku developed as much as I'd have hoped

Yeah I wasn't a fan of him elsewhere but he's been great here. He's entitled to get better over the years. If Hiku continues to defend like one of those wavy long thin sheet things they have in the entrance to dairies (what do they call those anyway) then the change has to be made.

TheDMC

Bench
Yeah I wasn't a fan of him elsewhere but he's been great here. He's entitled to get better over the years. If Hiku continues to defend like one of those wavy long thin sheet things they have in the entrance to dairies (what do they call those anyway) then the change has to be made.

I've been a fan of Beale for sometime, especially so when he was playing for the Sharks. But how can you say he has been great here? Played a handful of games and looked reasonably solid for sure, but nothing outstanding. Nowhere near the attacking threat of Hiku thus far (nor the defensive liability). I think the Hiku hate on this forum is a bit over the top. Sure he has been horrible in defence too many times, but he has also done a lot of very good things on attack (our leading off-loader and third most line breaks) and covered admirably at full-back. He also has made some important, semi try-saving tackles. Plus he is a bigger body than Beale and uses it to good effect.

In the long term I see Beale as the better option, but I don't think he has done enough to take Hiku's place yet. The tap on pass to the Fus that went forward should have been better executed and was a try butchered. Poor Peta, where is the love?

Ill hold my judgement on Beale for a few more games
Hes had 50 odd for Sharks and what another 50 odd for Dragons and Broncos so bit hard to rate after only 2-3 here

Meth

Staff member
Beale was great in his first game for us and has been reasonably good since- neither hot, nor cold.

Meth

Staff member
I just have too many bad memories of predictably leaky defense out on the edges to abide by Hiku's frailties out there for much longer.

TheDMC

Bench
I just have too many bad memories of predictably leaky defense out on the edges to abide by Hiku's frailties out there for much longer.
After my rant, Hiku is bound to have a shocker against the cowboys and cost us the game.

sup42

Juniors
According to the Herald Chris Satae and Melbourne are not a forgone conclusion, with the Warriors having a one year option and an upgrade after ten games clause in his contract.

Very pleased then to see we are trying before we sell in that he is playing this week.

vvvrulz

Coach
According to the Herald Chris Satae and Melbourne are not a forgone conclusion, with the Warriors having a one year option and an upgrade after ten games clause in his contract.

Very pleased then to see we are trying before we sell in that he is playing this week.

So we can assume CNK is not in that bucket anymore?

How long is the cooling off perriod these days

Blair

Coach
That’s great news after the ACL rumour!

Those rumours are real BS, like the last one with Johnson. I'm sure it's sad bastards just trolling. You'll notice it always happens when our big stars go down.

Back to today, it's Friday, game-day, absolutely awesome (and all that), but I think we'll get done tonight. The Cows simply cannot be going so badly, for so long. Sooner or later they must click.

So we lose tonight, lose next game at home to Sharks, we never beat Penrith away and then get thumped in Brisbane the week after. We'll be in serious trouble.

'Warriors mid-season slump sees finals slip away'.

I'm scared!

Last edited:

Latest posts