What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

I hope the architects come up with something a bit more externally exciting looking and with a better roof line than that! Wasn't it supposed to have a full retractable roof?

That’s an initial impression only, from everything I’ve read it will have a 100% drip line like WSS.

No retractedble roof though. Which is a major stuff up, not so much for RL, but for Sydney as a whole.

jim_57

Staff member
That’s an initial impression only, from everything I’ve read it will have a 100% drip line like WSS.

No retractedble roof though. Which is a major stuff up, not so much for RL, but for Sydney as a whole.

Come on people, obviously it isn't a realistic impression.. I mean they were trolling as soon as they put SupeRugby with a sellout crowd on there..

There’s been more blow up about the stadiums issue today, apparently the business case for Allianz rests on Manly moving their games to the stadium.

I really don’t think this whole thing is set in stone yet.

taipan

Referee
There’s been more blow up about the stadiums issue today, apparently the business case for Allianz rests on Manly moving their games to the stadium.

I can't see Manly doing that.If that means in the end Allianz only getting a refurbishment, and ANZ gets a roof, that'll do me nicely.
Somehow I think rugby ;league will get screwed once again.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Lol, Manly won’t move their home games to the SFS.
FFS I wish they would just get Homebush started after the end of this season and give it the full remake and finish as quick as possible, while it’s out of action the clubs play out of the new Parra stadium and the SFS and the Grand Final can be played at the SFS instead of the SCG, Homebush would only be out of action 3 years at the most you would hope and then and only then should the SFS should get its rebuild, the SFS does need to be rebuilt but can last in its current form for a few more years.

Lol, Manly won’t move their home games to the SFS.
FFS I wish they would just get Homebush started after the end of this season and give it the full remake and finish as quick as possible, while it’s out of action the clubs play out of the new Parra stadium and the SFS and the Grand Final can be played at the SFS instead of the SCG, Homebush would only be out of action 3 years at the most you would hope and then and only then should the SFS should get its rebuild, the SFS does need to be rebuilt but can last in its current form for a few more years.

Thing is with Allianz, how much would a refurb cost?

You’re looking at some pretty major work.

New roof
Heaps more female toilets
Female change rooms
Relocation or corporate boxes from the corners to run up and down western side
Some safety improvements

An I’m sure there’s more.

I could see a renovation costing $200-300m

Now wouldn’t it be better to rebuild it as a 30k seat stadium for $350m-400m?

horrie hastings

First Grade

New roof
Female change rooms
Some safety improvements

I don't want a refurb of the SFS, I want a rebuild like I said in my post but only after ANZ is done, a refurb is totally useless and a waste of money.

In financial terms the owners benefit, but don't taxpayers also benefit from better facilites, even though privately owned. Its a bit different to a lot of private entities in that it has a huge community element attached to that benefit.

By that thinkiing we should get the Government to pay to upgrade James Packer's house then as it will give himn better facilities for when he let's it out for other people to use. The Sharls make their ground available for rent, so they are benefiting from it, and upgrading it with Government money means they could charge more. This is somewhat different to Government owned stadiums being upgraded/rebuilt/re-furbished which all tennants can use to no one's private benefit.

Marlins

Juniors

When the CCBears take over Manly’s License, I can see them taking 2-3 Games a year to the new SFS.

Lebbo73

Bench

New roof
Female change rooms
Some safety improvements

Why isn’t Allianz being rebuilt with a capacity of 75k? Therefore, the Olympic Stadium rebuild should be scrapped.

Why isn’t Allianz being rebuilt with a capacity of 75k? Therefore, the Olympic Stadium rebuild should be scrapped.

Space around the ground, residents, just a big headache basically.

There was an initial plan to build a stadium in the precinct 3-4 years ago to a capacity of 55-60k, there was a major backlash. A good thing in the end because that number was too small to be our major stadium & too big to be a club stadium.

Lebbo73

Bench
Space around the ground, residents, just a big headache basically.

There was an initial plan to build a stadium in the precinct 3-4 years ago to a capacity of 55-60k, there was a major backlash. A good thing in the end because that number was too small to be our major stadium & too big to be a club stadium.
Fair enough. I always felt that Allianz was the one that should be the big #1 venue for the rectangular codes.
They really should have rebuilt Olympic Stadium first.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...e-western-sydney-stadium-20180614-p4zlg3.html

A game changer: an exclusive first-look inside Western Sydney Stadium

Is there such a thing as love at first sight? And what if that love was for a stadium, even for one that isn’t yet completed?

Your humble columnist was given an exclusive look on Thursday at the new Western Sydney Stadium and, well, it’s love, baby. L.O.V.E.

52591d436bc653103c6e5559034d79a9561c965e

The first thing you notice when you are introduced to the artist formerly known as Parramatta Stadium is how steep the seating is.

The playing field is sunk seven metres below ground level, and rising out of that is 30,000 seats at a 34-degree angle. That is the steepest in the world and more than Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, which is considered the best rectangular stadium in the country despite it being most often filled with Queenslanders.

If you’ve been to Levi’s Stadium, the home of the San Francisco 49ers, or even La Bombonera, the home of Boca Juniors in Buenos Aires, you’ll understand how close supporters feel to the pitch and players. This stadium already has a similar feel, even if it is a construction site.

There’s an LED big screen in one corner and a wide, open concourse that wraps around the entire stadium, allowing fans to buy a beer and some hot chips and then turn around and look directly below at the footy.

It is, in every sense, a modern-day coliseum. Given the way Parramatta are playing this season, they deserve to be thrown to the lions.

Of course, you would never say this in front of the 300 or so workers who have the $300 million project humming along and on track to be completed by late April.

“Most of them are sports fanatics — they take pride in what they are building,” Lend Lease construction manager Richard Yarad says. “There are a lot of Parramatta and Wanderers fans working on-site. They are the ones who will be using this stadium when it’s finished.”

Park all the politics and cranky letters to the editor about the NSW government’s controversial stadium strategy to one side for a moment. This stadium, when completed, will show Sydneysiders what life will be like with world-class sporting facilities. They, too, will learn to love going to sport again.

NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres hasn’t been feeling much love as he presses ahead with the plan to rebuild Allianz Stadium and refurbish ANZ Stadium.

He hopes, though, the Western Sydney Stadium will be a “game changer”.

“Apart from the Olympic Stadium, we haven’t had a new stadium in Sydney since the 1980s,” Ayres said. “Every city has had one or more built, but we haven’t since Allianz in 1988 and Parramatta in 1986. It’s time Sydney sports fans had the game-day experience they deserve and that other cities are having.”

Other features of the stadium include state-of-the-art technology under the playing surface that works like a vacuum cleaner, sucking moisture out if there has been too much rain; a standing area for the Red and Black Bloc; vast female-friendly amenities, which means no more lines snaking out into the carpark; and plenty of space around the stadium, allowing for big crowds and activation areas.

So, in summary, if you want to know what love is, this stadium can show you.

applesauce

Bench

Something fishy going on too will all the renderings having Souths as a home tenant despite no sign they will shift from ANZ.

This stadium will only be viable with the Roosters full time, 8x Souths games, 4x Dragons games and 4-8 Manly games.

LineBall

Juniors
Something fishy going on too will all the renderings having Souths as a home tenant despite no sign they will shift from ANZ.

This stadium will only be viable with the Roosters full time, 8x Souths games, 4x Dragons games and 4-8 Manly games.

What about Waratahs? Sydney FC?

jim_57

Staff member

With the money being thrown behind it you'd imagine they'd try and entice Souths, Dragons, Manly & Sharks to play at least some games there. Whether those clubs want anything to do with it is another story.

Latest posts