What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Two years ago, I'd have taken Lolohea in a heart beat.

Now.. Not so sure.

When he was at the Warriors he was doing some amazing things but since he's been at the Tigers, he just looks... Disinterested.
Yeah, I want no part of Lolohea.

I'd rather we just let Farah go and take the extra 150k or so left on his contract and use it to sign another depth player for next year

Travitoh

First Grade
Two years ago, I'd have taken Lolohea in a heart beat.

Now.. Not so sure.

When he was at the Warriors he was doing some amazing things but since he's been at the Tigers, he just looks... Disinterested.

Agreed.
The way i look at it though, Farah is deemed a reserve grader in a position that isn't in question. Lolohea joining the ranks on a short term deal would add to our outside back stocks which are looking a bit slim at the moment while also providing cover for the bench utility.
He has displayed talent before and someone like Seibold may be able to get it out of him again.
Think back to Lote Tuqiri in 2014. Sometimes it's that 'rental' player that can make the difference come September.
If he comes across and performs then happy days are ahead! If he serves up the same as he has at Wests (which is probably most likely) then not much has been lost.
I view it as being low risk/high reward imo and being well in the finals mix, it's one i believe we can certainly take.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Agreed.
The way i look at it though, Farah is deemed a reserve grader in a position that isn't in question. Lolohea joining the ranks on a short term deal would add to our outside back ranks which are looking a bit slim at the moment while also providing cover for the bench utility.
He has displayed talent before and someone like Seibold may be able to get it out of him again.
Think back to Lote Tuqiri in 2014. Sometimes it's that 'rental' player that can make the difference come September.
If he comes across and performs then happy days are ahead! If he serves up the same as he has at Wests (which is probably most likely) then not much has been lost.
I view it as being low risk/high reward imo and being well in the finals mix, it's one i believe we can certainly take.
What position would he play?
Half? No thanks
Fback? Forget it
He is a selfish type who wants a high paying position and makes mistakes and sulks. Wing wasnt good enough.
What a waste of money! We would be better off poaching a second rower or two from the u20s comp and hopeing they develop as it looks like crighton is gone and no replacement in sight. Fui has been injured and only just back and hasnt shown he deserves a permanent ist spot.
So NO to lolohaia for me

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Half? No thanks
Fback? Forget it
He is a selfish type who wants a high paying position and makes mistakes and sulks. Wing wasnt good enough.
What a waste of money! We would be better off poaching a second rower or two from the u20s comp and hopeing they develop as it looks like crighton is gone and no replacement in sight. Fui has been injured and only just back and hasnt shown he deserves a permanent ist spot.
So NO to lolohaia for me

I haven’t been able to watch much footy this year but lolohea has always striked me as an incredibly talented player. If we were able to get him on a reasonable deal say less than 300k I think we should definitely consider it. He has the potential to go far in the game and just needs the right guidance. No one knew who Kennar was last season. Can play anywhere in the outside backs including wing.

Travitoh

First Grade
Half? No thanks
Fback? Forget it
So NO to lolohaia for me

He'd be an outside back who can cover the spine if needed. He might not even start but he has the talent to be a better option than what we currently have.

I know he has sulked in the past about not being in the spine but the reality for him is that if he wants to play 1, 6 or 7 then it will currently be in reserve grade almost anywhere he goes.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
image.jpeg
f**k the Mormons Richie,no greater mission than Glory,Glory to South Sydney mate!
Stick with Elder Seibold,he will lead you to the promised land!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I hope we let him go, if this is his last season and he can end it back at the team he loves I don’t think we should stand in his way and make him play for the bears.

I don’t understand these Mormons it’s such a short career and to walk out at a pivotal time seems like such a waste. He could probably do more good staying in the game and donating his wages to charity.

I don’t claim to be a religious bloke or have any interest in religion but isn’t that why he’s doing it? Sacrificing a big part of his life to devote it to god? Obviously the timing isn’t ideal but I guess it demonstrates the significance of the sacrifice he’s making. I just hope Souths can resign him when he comes back to the NRL.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t claim to be a religious bloke or have any interest in religion but isn’t that why he’s doing it? Sacrificing a big part of his life to devote it to god? Obviously the timing isn’t ideal but I guess it demonstrates the significance of the sacrifice he’s making. I just hope Souths can resign him when he comes back to the NRL.

But wouldn’t a better devotion be to donate money to the needy?
Putting your body through the pain of being a pro league player for no personal reward seems pretty hardcore.
Not a believer in anything other than science myself maybe that’s why I don’t understand this.
You assume he will come back, two years out at his age. Look at Hayne he took time out but remained a pro athlete and he hasn’t got his fitness back.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Half? No thanks
Fback? Forget it
So NO to lolohaia for me
The Tigers have a kid named Luke Garner that I'd love to see us sign.

Second rower (can also play in the backs). Busts tackles, makes line breaks and has an awesome defensive technique.

This highlights video kind of shows it, but it mostly shows him in the backs. They've been playing him at second row this year and he's really kicked on.

Robbie 12

Juniors
I heard that we were chasing papalii from Canberra but I think that he has resigned with Canberra today ...what you guys think about Curtis Sironen
since Crichton and Farah leaving Clark too

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I heard that we were chasing papalii from Canberra but I think that he has resigned with Canberra today ...what you guys think about Curtis Sironen
since Crichton and Farah leaving Clark too
He re-signed with Manly until the end of 2020 earlier this season mate

Travitoh

First Grade
Wow yes I think so too .... Shaun lane is very strong too ...hope so he would be a great buy ...how's he doing in manly

He's gone well in the games I've seen, is a real physical presence and can break the line. Named on the bench this week though and has always seemed to be down Barrett's pecking order.
Would be a fantastic replacement for Crichton at a discount price.

Robbie 12

Juniors
He's gone well in the games I've seen, is a real physical presence and can break the line. Named on the bench this week though and has always seemed to be down Barrett's pecking order.
Would be a fantastic replacement for Crichton at a discount price.

Well I agree 1000% , I just looked up his profile , agree would be great buy and his is off contract, wouldn't be that expensive like an international and would have money left for Sutton ..

callmack1

Staff member
Wow big news today about Farah and Kennar!!

In regards to Farah, I don't think we can stand in his way. He's earnt the right to finish his career how he wants to because he has been nothing put professional since he has come to Souths. The way he's helped Cookie and some of the younger blokes has been outstanding and he deserves to go out the way he wants imo.

It does leave us in a bit of a tough situation witht the back up hooker though.

With Kennar, while the timing is strange and I'll be sad to see him go, I wish him all the best and it shows just how much he cares about his religion.

I hope this all frees up cash for the likes of Jennings and Murray.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow big news today about Farah and Kennar!!

In regards to Farah, I don't think we can stand in his way. He's earnt the right to finish his career how he wants to because he has been nothing put professional since he has come to Souths. The way he's helped Cookie and some of the younger blokes has been outstanding and he deserves to go out the way he wants imo.

It does leave us in a bit of a tough situation witht the back up hooker though.

With Kennar, while the timing is strange and I'll be sad to see him go, I wish him all the best and it shows just how much he cares about his religion.

I hope this all frees up cash for the likes of Jennings and Murray.
Plus re-sign Sutto for one more year.

It was rumoured we may not renew Hymel Hunt at one point too.

So we lose Angus and Clarky too.

Latest posts