What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 15 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Mid-season is a tricky time for a lot of teams. Look at Sunday's clash between Tigers and Raiders. Two teams that are hovering outside the eight and both evenly matched. Ivan Cleary would say 'every game is important' but I'd add 'some games are more important than others'.

If they win the Tigers can be back in the eight if the Broncos lose (likely, as their form has been indifferent and they're away to the Sharks). If the Raiders lose then they're stuck like groundhog day in 10th, and realistically fighting for only eighth on the ladder at season's end.

It doesn't get any easier for the Sea Eagles, who are away to the Dragons. This Friday night looks good, Cowboys MUST win against the Warriors (who have a poor record in Townsville), and then the game of the round, Roosters at home against Penrith, with both sides at full-strength despite it being Origin period. I'm particularly looking forward to the forward battle in this one.

Knights v Storm at Newcastle, I'm thinking upset here, as the Storm just aren't the clinical outfit they've been in recent seasons. They'd hardly ever lose 'easy' games like this last year.

The Eels had a really good win last week v Cows, and they'd do a few teams some favours by repeating that result tonight v the Bunnies. However, for the those teams who stand to benefit from a Souths loss, that's no way to go about things. You have to make your own luck in the NRL! And that means keeping on winning (I'm looking at you, Warriors).

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Really liking that Eels result, because we are battling with them for the spoon lol, can't see a win for us for a while with Dragons, Penrith, Storm, Roosters, Penrith up next

Benek

Juniors
Surprised to see how the eels middle actually steamrolled bunnies in the first 20-30 mins. Too bad they couldnt keep it up. Once bunnies got some dominance they destroyed the eels shitty edge defense.

Bunnies looking like real title contenders this year.

Big Marn

Juniors
think that play torched the Warriors a couple of times when they played us.
Cody Walker played like a genius last night.
In Dally M winner form at the moment.

Blair

Coach
Really liking that Eels result, because we are battling with them for the spoon lol, can't see a win for us for a while with Dragons, Penrith, Storm, Roosters, Penrith up next

Tough times for Manly, it sounds like a really bad Warriors season, like 2009 or something.

Blair

Coach
Just following on from TheDMC from last week's thread, can anyone explain the rationale for getting two points for a bye? I think I know why but won't influence any answers.

Just following on from TheDMC from last week's thread, can anyone explain the rationale for getting two points for a bye? I think I know why but won't influence any answers.
Rooster up at half time, if they win keep us outside of the real top4 on points diff.

I'm sure it for confusion purposes.
Also maybe for teams that win no games to feel a bit better about themselves?
Really no need for it.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Crusher Clearly taking out a Roosters attacking weapon.

Awful seeing that sort of neck injury on anybody. Hopefully not many mothers with young kids watching that.

Roosters winning large. I'm OK with that, I don't want any (non-Warriors) team getting too high up on the ladder.

Wow, Panthers nearly get themselves back into it but amazing last ditch defense and Phillips puts it down on his own knee! Drive son, go low!

Awful seeing that sort of neck injury on anybody. Hopefully not many mothers with young kids watching that.

Roosters winning large. I'm OK with that, I don't want any (non-Warriors) team getting too high up on the ladder.
It didn't look as bad as Blair's tonight.
But seems to have a bigger impact.

Blair

Coach
Bulldogs "worst start to a season in 54 years" I heard, with loss at Belmore to the Titans.

The Dragons currently putting Manly's season to bed. I wonder how bittersweet it is for Tof Sipley? He's playing first grade, is well-coached, but his formerly struggling club is the one to watch.

Blair

Coach
Morgan gone for season. Yep, echoing what was said in last week's thread, when it rains it really pours.