What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Rain and wind predicted to kick in in the Gong just prior to kick off.

Add the world cup n things could be bleak.

Here's hoping not.

Brick Tamland

Juniors
As previously mentioned ( by me ) the sharks have a huge kids dancing thing on at halftime.

Last year was there was 2000 dancers plus their families that all go through the gates.

Plus
I wouldn’t watch a soccer game on TV over a sharks home game.

I couldn’t name one player in the Aus team .
There is probably plenty like me .

Fox sports commentators were just saying during the dog v pennies nsw cup game that shark park is close to a sellout. Depending on how many members turn up, should be 18,000+

Jamberoo

Juniors
Surely that is it for Belmore. Not sure what the lowest crowds for a professional football match in Sydney since WW2 is but I reckon this might set a new low. Around 3K - 4k I reckon. Main stand about 15% full and maybe 1000 - 2000 on the grass.
Anyone who says the crowd and atmosphere does not affect the enjoyment of watching the game on TV needs to tune into this.

user_nat

Coach
Jeebus this crowd is awful.
6 games in Sydney this weekend, might struggle to get 60k between them at this rate.

horrie hastings

First Grade
$45 for a ticket to Sydney v Melbourne at the Adelaide Oval after being at $20 last season.
Do the NRL actually want people to go to games? Especially in AFL heavy territory.
I've got my ticket but i already watch rugby league, i shouldn't be the target audience when games are played here.

I bought tickets early for this game with the members discount and I’m almost certain I payed $40 each for them, these were on about the half way line.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Surely that is it for Belmore. Not sure what the lowest crowds for a professional football match in Sydney since WW2 is but I reckon this might set a new low. Around 3K - 4k I reckon. Main stand about 15% full and maybe 1000 - 2000 on the grass.
Anyone who says the crowd and atmosphere does not affect the enjoyment of watching the game on TV needs to tune into this.

How bad would have this looked at Homebush ? It probably would have got the lowest crowd ever in the history of ANZ if it was played there.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
So do you honestly think there would have been anymore than 6,871 at anz against the titans? I personally don’t but that’s what 3000 less than the inform roosters got against an inform panthers last night. The dogs are absolutely horrible and I don’t blame their fans for not going to their matches but what excuse do roosters fans have. Beaten by a cowboys side playing at 6pm while also being horribly out of form.

TheFrog

Coach
Not sure what the lowest crowds for a professional football match in Sydney since WW2 is but I reckon this might set a new low.
Not even close. Penrith Park had a crowd of 350 back in the early days. (Panthers vs Wests Magpies, 1969)

Marlins

Juniors
an empty cow paddock never looks worse then a modern all seater stadium when they're both empty
& the bulldogs would have got twice the revenue at ANZ with half the crowd
one venue looks like its part of a professional sport at least ,
the other looks like its a venue in an amateur park comp.
Yeah true.

Latest posts