What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Post roster moves here.

For now, 100% of salary cap penalties for contracted players you cut go towards your 2018 cap, so the league site will automatically calculate and apply it.

Last edited:
Sorry it’s been a while so I’m a bit foggy on some of the roster rules.

I’ve got Carson Palmer with one year left on $9.6k and he’s retired. Do I take a cap hit by cutting him?

Players with zero contract years can be cut with no cap hit, I’m presuming?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Sorry it’s been a while so I’m a bit foggy on some of the roster rules.

I’ve got Carson Palmer with one year left on $9.6k and he’s retired. Do I take a cap hit by cutting him?

Players with zero contract years can be cut with no cap hit, I’m presuming?
I'll remove his cap hit, no point in punishing that.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Cheers.

What happens to the players on my roster with zero contract years left?

Will they be automatically removed at the start of they season?
You can franchise or transition tag one of them if you think they're worth it, the rest need to be cut or I'll do it myself before the draft starts.

Avril is retired IMO, you can cut him and I'll remove the cap hit.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Hey folks, I've cut a whole heap of guys, sorry I forgot to post them and I can't remember who they are.

Zombie, thanks for fixing my stuff up - I accidentally cut Michael Bennett instead of Martellus Bennett! D'oh!

kurt faulk

Coach
Hey folks, I've cut a whole heap of guys, sorry I forgot to post them and I can't remember who they are.

Zombie, thanks for fixing my stuff up - I accidentally cut Michael Bennett instead of Martellus Bennett! D'oh!

I don't think it matters now. I'm pretty sure this thread is for cuts that happen during the season.

legend

Coach
I just lost about half my squad. Seems I was in win now mode last season. Interesting times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.