What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Don't get Quigs started on Footy fashion and kit, pads etc. over the years.

Ask him about Valentine's bright orange boots.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Points story FWIW

Matt Rogers had scored 538 points for the Sharks by the time he was 22. Took 3 seasons.

Felix the Cat has 273 points at age 22. Has taken 5 years.

Felix outscores The Rat in missed tackles, dropped balls, fumbled bombs, running away, hiding etc

Card Shark

Immortal
How about a balanced argument by talking about tries only as Holmes hasn’t been given the job of goalkicking yet, he’s had Maloney & Chad in front of him.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Points story FWIW

Matt Rogers had scored 538 points for the Sharks by the time he was 22. Took 3 seasons.

Felix the Cat has 273 points at age 22. Has taken 5 years.

Felix outscores The Rat in missed tackles, dropped balls, fumbled bombs, running away, hiding etc

Pointless stat. One has been a full time goal kicker.

Card Shark

Immortal
No doubt they were but you would’ve also remembered all their career.

Holmes is a quiet, shy person which may affect his play occasionally (lack of confidence etc) but I would suggest he’s just about equally as naturally talented as those 2.

When he learns to believe in himself more, he will become a a great of the game...as much as those 2 anyway.

As good as peach was, he only ever played 1 SOO.

Frenzy.

Immortal
How about a balanced argument by talking about tries only as Holmes hasn’t been given the job of goalkicking yet, he’s had Maloney & Chad in front of him.

Oh, balance

Rogers 63 games 36 tries - .58 a game

Felix 93 games 56 tries - . 6 a game

FMD you’re right. Felix is a mile ahead!!

Hahahaha

Frenzy.

Immortal
No doubt they were but you would’ve also remembered all their career.

Holmes is a quiet, shy person which may affect his play occasionally (lack of confidence etc) but I would suggest he’s just about equally as naturally talented as those 2.

When he learns to believe in himself more, he will become a a great of the game...as much as those 2 anyway.

As good as peach was, he only ever played 1 SOO.

Just stop it Cardy. You’re being silly.

Believe in himself? Confidence? He’s in his 5th year FCOL

snoozer

Bench
The rat was f**ken good.

Deceptive (like peach) in how quick he was. I remember initially not being too fussed on him(sludges son so he gets a leg up to first grade etc) but he proved me wrong very quickly.

Val is good (better than most of the wingers atm) and will get better but I don't put him in the same league as the rat.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just stop it Cardy. You’re being silly.

Believe in himself? Confidence? He’s in his 5th year FCOL

You’re telling me to stop it...haha.

Is he really in his 5th year?

He is definitely a confidence player, more than most...when it’s low, he plays some shockers (generally at fullback).

bluefox68

Staff member
You’re telling me to stop it...haha.

Is he really in his 5th year?

He is definitely a confidence player, more than most...when it’s low, he plays some shockers (generally at fullback).
For all this back ‘n’ forth, I still can’t work out why Frenzy & Roifey hate Val so much - it’s just nonsensical.
Go and support Wests Tigers or someone else if you can’t get behind our players!!!