What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Movie Trailer Thread

Zoidberg

First Grade
Bumblebee teaser.
Best bit is seeing Starscream look how he should. Will give this a go, hoping it will be very different than the Bayformers.

Generalzod

Immortal
ROBOCOP RETURNS Neill Blomkamp Onboard To Helm Sequel To Verhoeven's Film

Neill Blomkamp will helm Robocop Returns, MGM's sequel to the original 1987 film that saw Officer Alex Murphy left for dead and turned into a cyborg who must come to terms with his own free will. Scripted by upcoming Terminator screenwriter Justin Rhodes, the sequel is said to ignore the previous entries and 2014 reboot.

Robocop finds itself at an interesting juncture in terms of pop-cultural interest. While Paul Verhoeven’s original film is regarded as a sci-fi classic, one that’s influence can be seen as recently as this summer’s Upgrade, it never successfully tapped into its franchise potential. After two poorly received sequels in 1990 and 1993, a 1994 television show that lasted one season, a cheaply made 2001 TV miniseries, Robocop: Prime Directives, and a reboot that boasted nifty effects while failing to distinguish itself from the original, Robocop was a property that seemed destined for the scrapheap. But with the Predator and Terminator receiving new film entries set to make up for, and potentially omit, some of the mistakes of the past, a redemption for Robocop not only feels right, but necessary. Robocop is returning at just the right time, and hopefully busting Blomkamp out of the director jail that too many audiences and critics have sentenced him to.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robocop-returns-can-save-neill-blomkamp-1126450

Smack

Coach
I'd love to watch this, but I don't think I will be able without crying throughout it.

Nuke

Staff member
Watched this about 10 times already. As a massive Queen fan, I see so many little details in this that I'd suggest the average punter wouldn't blink at. Most good, but one glaringly obvious flaw I've noticed is that in the bit where Brian May is bringing his idea of the song 'We Will Rock You' to the rest of the band, Freddie has his famous moustache. This was in 1977, but Freddie didn't grow it until 1980!
For the production team to go into such intricate detail with the props, set, ect, yet miss this pretty big error baffles me.
That said, I will struggle to restrain myself in waiting for November 1st!

Latest posts