What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Looks like he will be our first rep player this year - with Morgan’s torn bicep, he has to be the front runner with a full camp under his belt next week

First Grade
Congrats to Kalyn on his selection in the QLD State of Origin team, hopefully he comes through unscathed and plays a great game but loses.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Should of been in the team for game 1. Being around Billy Slater is going to take KP's game to another level ( if there is a such a thing )

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I can foresee a new moment in Origin history.

NSW Trainer: "Ponga's on, Ponga's on, Ponga's on....PONGA IS ON!!!"

Alex28

Coach
They really aren’t playing him for any purpose. Just plonking him in the second how hoping he can do what he does at fullback but with no room.

Good for NSW, not real good for Kalyn...

Alex28

Coach
Meanwhile, how good would have Latrell Mitchell been as a Knight. Mitchell and Ponga together...

#facepalm

perverse

Referee
He did as well as he possibly could have, and was absolutely knackered by the end. Not sure what kevvie was thinking playing him in the middle for that long, but he can be very proud of that performance.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Ponga has been immense on debut, almost won the game for QLD but thankfully (me being a NSW supporter) the Blues held them out. He will be better for the run and I hope we get to see him playing on the Origin arena for the next decade or more!