What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin Game 2 - Sunday June 24

Bazal

Post Whore
That Arrow merkin outplayed most their pack

A few merkins chuckled when I said I'd love Parra to sign him last season. "Too small", they said. "Doesn't bend the line", they said.

Kid is a gun, reminds me a lot of Nathan Brown actually.

Yeah but compare the two professional fouls tonight. NSW got only the points they would've scored anyway. So no compensation. Queensland got to play against 12 for 10 minutes, when they probably weren't going to score. Adequate compensation I'd say.

Here's what you had to say before Roberts was binned.

In my book that should be part of the risk you run when you decide to commit a foul. If a team can commit fouls and only be penalised the amount that would almost certainly have been scored anyway, then there's no deterrent. And the game is uglier.

As I pointed out, when a player makes the decision to commit a foul, it is often not clear what is going to happen next. What happened to Roberts makes it perfectly clear that there is a deterrent. He achieved nothing and spent 10 minutes in the bin.

Here's what you had to say before Roberts was binned.

As I pointed out, when a player makes the decision to commit a foul, it is often not clear what is going to happen next. What happened to Roberts makes it perfectly clear that there is a deterrent. He achieved nothing and spent 10 minutes in the bin.
Well that's fair enough but it still leaves us with a discrepancy in the amount a team is rewarded/penalised for the same foul. And there will be times that a player commits a foul knowing that if he doesn't they will certainly score. And I assume the penalty will be the same as tonight.

Eelogical

Referee
Well that's fair enough but it still leaves us with a discrepancy in the amount a team is rewarded/penalised for the same foul. And there will be times that a player commits a foul knowing that if he doesn't they will certainly score. And I assume the penalty will be the same as tonight.

Penalty, Broncos!

oldmancraigy

Coach
That would work too

Six points and a sin bin is very much too heavy a penalty

*unless the foul itself warrants a sin bin/send off, given the rule changes.

I think the 10 min sin bin is too harsh a penalty anyway! Tends to ruin a game no matter what.
Having said that, it is the rule, and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Professional foul is 10 in the bin. And if you are dumb enough to also give away a penalty try that shouldn't change whether the offence is bin worthy!!

In most games 2 points and 10 mins vs 12 men is probably preferable to 4-6 points and 13v13... it is like NSW got penalized for putting themselves in a try scoring position! Cordner scores for certain, so essentially Hunt got away with no consequence for a professional foul while Roberts copped 10 in the bin for the same thing....

Gronk

Staff member
NCCM_1_2018_06_25_thumb_big.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eat shit Canetoads, they've had Cam reffing for 10 years, its a different game with neutral refs

We can bitch that they didn’t get sin binned when we got ours.
What is the go with that?
By awarding him the try when he didn't score they are saying he would have scored if not interfered with which is the definition of a professional foul

TheParraboy

Staff member
So will Ben Hunt join dce in the 'never to play origin again' dustbin?

Possibly

Wouldn’t surprise me they pick Ash Taylor for game 3

Maybe Hunt to 9? They do need some spark around the ruck

Hope we can do 3-0 and stuff up slaters last game

Actually I’d like ya to win 3-0 , next couple of years , would be nice to win 10 origin games in a row, stick that up your greatest side qld.

eel01s

Bench
What a great game. If Qld were more composed at the end they would have won. Great defence and desperation from the Blues. They can only get better. I thought Cleary was virtually invisible in attack. Obviously the plan was for Maloney to run the show.

84 Baby

Referee
I think the 10 min sin bin is too harsh a penalty anyway! Tends to ruin a game no matter what.
Having said that, it is the rule, and what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Professional foul is 10 in the bin. And if you are dumb enough to also give away a penalty try that shouldn't change whether the offence is bin worthy!!

In most games 2 points and 10 mins vs 12 men is probably preferable to 4-6 points and 13v13... it is like NSW got penalized for putting themselves in a try scoring position! Cordner scores for certain, so essentially Hunt got away with no consequence for a professional foul while Roberts copped 10 in the bin for the same thing....
Perhaps they should go ice hockey way. 10 mins or until opposition scores next.

Anyway the sin bin/no sin bin made the game more exciting. That traditionally is where Queensland would have jumped over us but NSW held out so it leads to the hope of the crashing and burning of Queensland despotic rule

Latest posts