What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbw

Bench
Sorry but Trent Barrett may beg to differ
BTW I am not just some parent watching their kid play rL

rightleftin

Juniors
I reckon the only thing Barrett knows about Blacktown is that it is the place you send Hastings in attempt to get him to sign on with another club.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Enough.

Stick to footy and not character assassinations or there'll be further consequences.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Hmm i think its hard to split east campbelltown and st marys in SS if st marys drop a few back.
I think RMC is still between about 5 clubs, will be an interesting 2nd half of round games :thumbsup:

rightleftin

Juniors
Wenty certainly had a good 18-16 win a fortnight ago against Glebe Burwood with GB fielding 12 players that have appeared in ISP this season, including prop Wes Lolo, who has played every game for Newtown in 2018. The RMC is a bit of a lottery with any of Wenty, Guildford, Glebe-Burwood and Mounties possibilities.

East Campbelltown look the favourites in SS after their 30-10 win over Wenty on sunday.

Brock Illett has moved from Newtown/Glebe Burwood to North Sydney.

I think east Campbelltown probably to win SS, hard to pick RMC I think any of 5 clubs could win it
As for the wooden spoons- brothers probably in both, but hills are pretty crap in SS also.
If Heath L'Estrange continues to play with Hills they will win more games during the back end of the season. They are not that bad of a side. They will give the good sides a run.

MountainMan

Juniors
SS - between East Campbelltown (they win a comp every second year & their due) or St Marys/Wentys depending how many quality player drop down from RMC.Moorebank a possible smokey,i like what theyve done this year,theyll be around there in the business end i think.

RMC - Mounties,Wenty or St Marys.
They’ve all been there and done it,all have the players with that experience in the finals that the Aquiths and Burwoods dont. Guildford the RMC smokey,have the players to beat anyone on their day.

rightleftin

Juniors
I don't think East Campbelltown have to worry about other clubs stacking because the absurd number of teams in the finals means that all clubs will still aim to put their best side in RMC to try to win those few games required.

Clearly if players are injured and come back that will strengthen the SS teams eg Sam Gorman and Nick Kassis have been missing from Wenty for quite a while. The other thing that St Marys can do is grab players from Penrith A grade - last year Pat Hollis (Windsor) and Eddie To'o (Colyton) joined St Marys when their clubs were eliminated from A grade, and played in the SS Finals.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Mounties 36 Wests 18
Wenty 58 St Marys 14
Cabra 24 Guildford 14
Hills 34 Brothers 24
Asquith 30 Glebe Burwood 10

Wenty confirmed favouritism with a flogging of St Marys, who depleted their bench before the end of the game and could have benefited from a few dropping back from Penrith. Last year they regularly had ISP players even in their SS team but they don't have the squad to compete with the top RMC sides in 2018.

Guildford crashed to their 3rd consecutive loss. Josh Lewis broke down in the pre game warm up and with Errington and Wolfgram already missing, had to rely on Longbottom, who looks like a 12 year old and Grech as halves. Cabra have looked better as the season has progressed and must now be considered as a serious contender.

Glebe Burwood trailed Asquith 6-0 after 30 minutes when Lachlan Stein was sent off and Asquith cruised home.

SS

Cabra 34 Guildford 26
St Marys 52 Wenty 24
Asquith 26 Belrose 4
Hills 38 Brothers 28
Moorebank 38 East Campbelltown 26

The presence of Nick Kassis returning from injury and Valu Nasio returning from retirement could not prevent St Marys from trampling Wenty. Moorebank had their most glorious win since returning to these comps.

rightleftin

Juniors
Quite a few players from RMC/SS clubs played for NSW Universities today:

Dylan Izzard (Wenty), Rob Tuliatu and Taylor Bennett (Asquith), Matt Jurd and Jess Offen Maxwell (Glebe Burwood), Billy Butler and Matthew Morgan (Hills), Malachi Morgan (Moorebank), Jak Cannel (Brothers) and Jake Johan (Blacktown)

Townsville

Juniors
RMC

Mounties 36 Wests 18
Wenty 58 St Marys 14
Cabra 24 Guildford 14
Hills 34 Brothers 24

Wenty confirmed favouritism with a flogging of St Marys, who depleted their bench before the end of the game and could have benefited from a few dropping back from Penrith. Last year they regularly had ISP players even in their SS team but they don't have the squad to compete with the top RMC sides in 2018.

Guildford crashed to their 3rd consecutive loss. Josh Lewis broke down in the pre game warm up and with Errington and Wolfgram already missing, had to rely on Longbottom, who looks like a 12 year old and Grech as halves. Cabra have looked better as the season has progressed and must now be considered as a serious contender.

Glebe Burwood trailed Asquith 6-0 after 30 minutes when Lachlan Stein was sent off and Asquith cruised home.

SS

Cabra 34 Guildford 26
St Marys 52 Wenty 24
Asquith 26 Belrose 4
Hills 38 Brothers 28

The presence of Nick Kassis returning from injury and Valu Nasio returning from retirement could not prevent St Marys from trampling Wenty. Moorebank had their most glorious win since returning to these comps.
How did my man Kurt Deluis go ?

RMC

Mounties 36 Wests 18
Wenty 58 St Marys 14
Cabra 24 Guildford 14
Hills 34 Brothers 24

SS

Cabra 34 Guildford 26
St Marys 52 Wenty 24
Asquith 26 Belrose 4
Hills 38 Brothers 28

Stein was sent for headbutting Asquith half Matt Place.

Status
Not open for further replies.