What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Noise

Coach
We were linked to a Peats return, but he stayed at the Titans on massive overs if you ask me

How would you know if he is on massive overs? When other teams buy players we miss out on everyone here says they paid overs. But apparently newspaper reports of our guys salaries are all exaggerated and we don't pay overs.

The money we saved by not signing Peats probably allowed us to re-sign King and Will Smith as well as purchase Kane Evans. Great!

strider

Post Whore
How would you know if he is on massive overs? When other teams buy players we miss out on everyone here says they paid overs. But apparently newspaper reports of our guys salaries are all exaggerated and we don't pay overs.

The money we saved by not signing Peats probably allowed us to re-sign King and Will Smith as well as purchase Kane Evans. Great!
How do you know he's not? :stuck_out_tongue:

So you think evans+king+smith are the same salary as peats?.... are you in the evans gets 400k school of thought?

Peats signed on the back of his first origin appearance ... which was solid ... his 2nd was plop ..... he held out for months ..... i would bet he is on 500k+ ... and i reckon he is worth 300-350k tops - he is a good defender and shovels well out of dummy half

Noise

Coach
How do you know he's not? :stuck_out_tongue:

So you think evans+king+smith are the same salary as peats?.... are you in the evans gets 400k school of thought?

Peats signed on the back of his first origin appearance ... which was solid ... his 2nd was plop ..... he held out for months ..... i would bet he is on 500k+ ... and i reckon he is worth 300-350k tops - he is a good defender and shovels well out of dummy half

I reckon Evans is on 350, Smith and King about 200 each so 750 total.

If we paid Peats 550, gave Mahoney a spot in our top 30 on minimum wage, about 100k (instead of signing King and Smith, he'd still be behind Pritchard) and instead of buying reserve grader Evans just put one of our current Wenty middle forwards like Stone in the squad for minimum (again about 100k) who would also just be playing for Wenty and we are pretty much in a similar salary range

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
lol. 2 have played origin, McInnes and Api are both next in line for origin. Even Segyaro and Parcell are better options. Segyaro has played 120 + NRL games. They each have more talent (and are less injury prone) than our guys combined.
Farah and Segeyaro are f**kwits and would have caused more harm than good.

Peats wasn’t a realistic signing but is a proven good option.

McInnes, Api and Parcell - Have potential but no guarantee that they would turn up to Parramatta and make a difference. Do you take a gamble paying big $ on them (assuming that they actually want to come here). I’m not convinced.

Plus, it is easy to say all of this in hindsight but did many people predict our options @9 to fall off a cliff like they have?

Noise

Coach
Farah and Segeyaro are f**kwits and would have caused more harm than good.

Peats wasn’t a realistic signing but is a proven good option.

McInnes, Api and Parcell - Have potential but no guarantee that they would turn up to Parramatta and make a difference. Do you take a gamble paying big $ on them (assuming that they actually want to come here). I’m not convinced.

Plus, it is easy to say all of this in hindsight but did many people predict our options @9 to fall off a cliff like they have?

Segyaro has been a model citizen at the Sharks. Just cause he was room mates with f**kwit Norman does not mean he is a f**kwit too.

Farah has been very good this year in the limited games he has played. CLeary obviously doesn't think he's a f**kwit either.

Why wasn't Peats a realistic option? Because BA cut him once and obviosuly didn't value him too much?

And people on here, myself included have been banging on about improving our options at 9 since early 2017 (actually since Peats left).

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Segyaro has been a model citizen at the Sharks. Just cause he was room mates with f**kwit Norman does not mean he is a f**kwit too.
He’s a f**kwit and would have been a disaster if paired with Norman. You guys would have been the first to be critical of him (and BA) as well.

Farah has been very good this year in the limited games he has played. CLeary obviously doesn't think he's a f**kwit either.
Cleary thinks he can manage him. He’s an undeniable f**kwit though.

Why wasn't Peats a realistic option? Because BA cut him once and obviosuly didn't value him too much?
I think we couldn’t match the offer that the Tits made.

And people on here, myself included have been banging on about improving our options at 9 since early 2017 (actually since Peats left).
It didn’t hurt us last year. I can see why people thought we didn’t need to lift our skirt and jump at the first available option.

Noise

Coach
He’s a f**kwit and would have been a disaster if paired with Norman. You guys would have been the first to be critical of him (and BA) as well.

Has Segy actually ever been in trouble or done anything to be labelled a f**kwit? (I'm genuinely asking by the way because I can't think of anything) His worst crime seems to be being friends with Corey Norman

strider

Post Whore
Has Segy actually ever been in trouble or done anything to be labelled a f**kwit? (I'm genuinely asking by the way because I can't think of anything) His worst crime seems to be being friends with Corey Norman
While i dont think he has committed a crime, he has been shown the door by 2 clubs .... aint no saint

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That’s enough to be labelled a f**kwit in my books. Being photographed having dinner with bikies and convicted criminals is definite f**kwit territory as well.

Noise

Coach
Yep. Also a f**kwit.

I'm not overly thrilled with his signing but hope he performs.

I actually like his signing but will only make a small difference. Are you thrilled with any of the players we are linked to? Lane, Austin, Morris Bros?

Noise

Coach
Not really but they at least pass the f**kwit test.

If they become the extent of our recruitment then more of these performances are on the way unfortunately (f**kwits or not).

Actually after this review I reckon AFL guy might get the punt so we might at least be conditioned better

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If they become the extent of our recruitment then more of these performances are on the way unfortunately (f**kwits or not).

Actually after this review I reckon AFL guy might get the punt so we might at least be conditioned better
Yep. There is a train of thought that we should not be choosy about whether someone is a 'f**kwit' given we need all the help we can get. I understand that.

strider

Post Whore

Im totally onboardwith blaming the AFL guy for all our woes ... f**k that f**ker off

Kornstar

Coach
I'm not saying Austin is a great player and we should be chasing him but i like his efforts on the field and he has certainly showed good form in the past and is young enough.

I think the issue with him is that he had that really spectacular season and now there is just so much pressure on him to produce that form again that when he doesn't people like to lay the boot in.

I think if he can be a true support player (as i don't think the Raiders have had a good 7 during Austin's time there) next to Moses and can just play that support player role and use his best asset of running he may just be alright.

I am not for or against his recruitment, this is just my opinion.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I actually like his signing but will only make a small difference. Are you thrilled with any of the players we are linked to? Lane, Austin, Morris Bros?

If you are mentioning the players we are linked to also mention Taupau, Ferguson, koroibete, Oates, Pangai Junior, Parcell, Ferguson, not just the ones you don’t like to suit the BA is just looking at “shit” players agenda !

Noise

Coach
If you are mentioning the players we are linked to also mention Taupau, Ferguson, koroibete, Oates, Pangai Junior, Parcell, Ferguson, not just the ones you don’t like to suit the BA is just looking at “shit” players agenda !

Lets see who we end up with. I doubt we will sign Ferguson's brother too.

Latest posts