What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16 2018: Non Parra games

Kornstar

Coach
Unbelievable how bad these officals are when it comes to forward passes.

We lose a game from a absolute line ball against the Broncos yet Sharks win a game with the most obvious forward pass there is.

It’s a f**king embarrassment!

strider

Post Whore
Not only that fifita was offside after the field goal attempt ... regardless of other players playing at it he was always within the 10m so offside

Kornstar

Coach
Not only that fifita was offside after the field goal attempt ... regardless of other players playing at it he was always within the 10m so offside

After we were f**ked over by that rule many times over the years they now say that everyone is on side regardless of their position on the field as soon as it is charged down.

I don’t know if that is the actual rule but that is what I’ve noticed they’ve started doing.

Noise

Coach
After we were f**ked over by that rule many times over the years they now say that everyone is on side regardless of their position on the field as soon as it is charged down.

I don’t know if that is the actual rule but that is what I’ve noticed they’ve started doing.

Yep, I think as soon as it is touched everyone is onside

strider

Post Whore

Did they actually change the rule? .... the only reason i said it is cos i remember us getting done for it several times

Kornstar

Coach
Did they actually change the rule? .... the only reason i said it is cos i remember us getting done for it several times

I don't know but i certainly remember losing games over it.......or should i say that having an impact on the result anyways.

I have noticed this year that refs and commentators mentioning that they are automatically on-side after hitting the opposition.

Maybe they have finally read the rulebook and now understand it? They are slow......

For a while there it seemed like we were the only team being called for it. And usually when we were in the contest. I still believe it was because we were a shit team who weren't supposed to win.

Kornstar

Coach
For a while there it seemed like we were the only team being called for it. And usually when we were in the contest. I still believe it was because we were a shit team who weren't supposed to win.

I don't believe it to be conspiracy any any way but there is truth to it, regardless of whether we are the said shit team or others. As the refs are human there has to be something in the back of their head that has conditioned them to go with the team who traditionally has the greater effort in everything they do.

Apart from the odd year here and there over the last 10 years we have not shown any long term consistency for a referee to look our way.

We often look lethargic, we barely fight in tackles either with the ball or without it and our efforts on kick chasing or when there is broken field against us (as was on show in their first and last try last night) is for the most part pathetic.

Why would a ref look our way???? It f**king shits me at the time but in less emotional moments there is some rationale there.........which is obviously wrong but at some point the players have to take some responsibility in effort areas.

I don't believe it to be conspiracy any any way but there is truth to it, regardless of whether we are the said shit team or others. As the refs are human there has to be something in the back of their head that has conditioned them to go with the team who traditionally has the greater effort in everything they do.

Apart from the odd year here and there over the last 10 years we have not shown any long term consistency for a referee to look our way.

We often look lethargic, we barely fight in tackles either with the ball or without it and our efforts on kick chasing or when there is broken field against us (as was on show in their first and last try last night) is for the most part pathetic.

Why would a ref look our way???? It f**king shits me at the time but in less emotional moments there is some rationale there.........which is obviously wrong but at some point the players have to take some responsibility in effort areas.
Yeah I don't think it's deliberate either, but it's bloody annoying when you're having a miserable season and the few moments of joy are taken away unfairly.

TheParraboy

Staff member
interesting after the storm roosters match

lots of hand shaking and hug between the players

come to cronk and smith, very quick cold handshake

Latest posts