What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Fri - Roosters 8-9 Storm @ Adelaide

Round 16: Roosters v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxon

Bench
a lot of salt in here.

Latrell kicks that goal in front and the Roosters win the game.

But no let's blame the refs instead.
And if the refs had applied the 'Billy Slater' rule against Tedesco for kicking the ball out of Vunivalu's hands Storm would have had another six points (unlike Mitchell, Smith doesn't miss goals from in front).

Tommy Smith

Referee
They were 5 metres offside. Line break and they were still in the face of cronk who was 10m behind the ruck
I've screen shotted it but the file is too big. Easily 3-4m off. Also Slater was not even close to sqaure at marker.

Good to see the refs don't give a f**k about the crackdown anymore.

LESStar58

Referee

30+Rock+02.jpg

"I'm gay for Jamie."

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Penalties etc aside the game came down to three plays in the end the balls out play Hoffman made In going full out for a charge down and the half hearted attempt Tedesco made.

no name

Coach
Didn’t watch the game, but which Storm player got binned after 4 penalties in 2 minutes? (24th-26th minute)

wibble

Bench
I think both sides had plenty of chances and made crucial errors, and the Storm won on making a few more of their chances count, most particularly Smith and Hoffman made important plays at the end.

But I do agree the inconsistency in the refereeing at the end of the match was frustrating, especially when you consider how willing the referees were to penalise the Tigers (incorrectly) or the Cowboys (correctly) out of the game at the end in earlier rounds.

And how many penalties they blew all game.

None of the field goal plays looked very legal to me, except maybe Munster's muffed chance.

Storm had a blatant blocker who moved into and (lightly) contacted a defender on their field goal. And were miles off side on the charge down on Cronk's last attempt.

On the other side, I think by the standards set earlier this year some Roosters markers were marginal on their charge down attempts, and Ferguson on the last play the ball walked off the mark and impeded a Storm defender.

Maybe the referees just thought everyone was breaking the rules so play on. But if that is the end result of a painful to watch crackdown all year, at the end of a 20 or so penalty game that included a sin bin, it makes you want to change the channel with 10 to go in games before the rot sets in.

Latest posts