What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Wooden Spoon: Who will it be now?

Xcalibre

Juniors
The douchebags on the Sunday Footy Show were asked by Sterlo if the Bulldogs will get it instead of the Eels and no other teams were mentioned. Hello the Cowboys, Sea Eagles, Knights and Titans are all in the mix.

Having checked the draw, all of the teams have a reasonably tough run, but from memory Parra, Knights and Cows slightly tougher.

It will probably come down to which team has the better results against those other teams trying to avoid the spoon, with many matches to be played between them.

I don't see how Parra are any less likely to get another spoon, but one of the genius journos on SFS reckons they'll avoid it, with Dogs getting it. Cowboys are more likely to be battling Parra for it tbh but Manly, Knights and Titans are quite capable of derping their way to it.

Whatever happens, I can't remember the spoon race being more interesting than the premiership race. The top 8 is unlikely to change before finals and none of the teams really stand out except the drags.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Parra are favs hence why I thought any other suggestions are unlikely. I think it was Brent Read that reckons the Eels will overtake the Dogs. No mention of Cowboys who are only 2 pts ahead of Parra.

McLovin

Staff member
Dogs easily. A win against a Knights team missing a million players wont change much. Teams usually lift after a major event such as a coach getting sacked or marquee player(s) getting shipped ala Woods and Mbye. I don't see them winning many more games to close the season out.

The Eels have good cattle and have shown they can compete with decent teams. Same with the Cowboys.

I'd be very surprised if the spoon isn't sitting in Belmore's trophy cabinet come September.

Whino

Bench
I get the feeling at the last minute the Eels will just finish above the Dogs.

TheFrog

Coach
I get the feeling at the last minute the Eels will just finish above the Dogs.
The Eels have got the bye, then the Knights without Ponga and Pearce and just about everyone else, then the Dogs. This is their chance to get off the bottom.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Parra are still the comfortable favorites. That F/A will be the deciding factor even if they manage to equal out on comp points with anyone above them all the way up to 12th

stryker

First Grade
Dont write my tiges off just yet. They are an incompetent football team.

I stood in the rain today and watched the Cowboys. Im still amazed that a squad who were heavy favourites for the premiership are playing so blandly. They seriously never look likely to do ...anything. Their tries usually look like accidents and their defensive efforts at times are not even park footy level. Their season is baffling.

DhBVPOyVMAAUx7f.jpg

Xcalibre

Juniors
It's more fascinating than the top end of the table tbh. So many teams faltering and if Eels win a few it will be very interesting come the final round or two. I'm dumbfounded how anyone can think they will though, after the total ineptitude they've displayed so far.

Cowboys missed a big opportunity to go 2pts clear of last losing by a point today.

Only Manly, Canterbury and GC won from the bottom 8 this round. That win by GC means they're very long odds to finish last.

Latest posts