What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Dragons LIVE game day thread 28/6/18

Bazal

Post Whore
theres just as many that bag them relentlessly
Comfortably more, I'd say.

Actually given some of us who get lumped in as gormless defenders but then give it to Smith or Matagi or Taka (for eg) I'd say it's way more who are only negative compared to those who are only positive.

I can only think of one bloke who argues positively every single time. And we all know who that is and what his motivations are

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s quite different from last years 16 from 24 isn’t it? Or even from the previous year’s 13 from 24. Do you think you know the cause for this year’s drop? Is it because we lost Radradra, Fritchard or Gentle? Or is it because we brought Hayne back to the club? Or because we signed Evans? Or Tony Williams?

Whose job is it to figure out the cause? Should we sack the coach? What if he’s the only one who knows how to fix what’s wrong?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s quite different from last years 16 from 24 isn’t it? Or even from the previous year’s 13 from 24. Do you think you know the cause for this year’s drop? Is it because we lost Radradra, Fritchard or Gentle? Or is it because we brought Hayne back to the club? Or because we signed Evans? Or Tony Williams?

Whose job is it to figure out the cause? Should we sack the coach? What if he’s the only one who knows how to fix what’s wrong?
Mate he was out of answers after round 4, he's been shuffling the deck chairs of the titanic ever since then.

It's no ones fault it's just been bad luck, oh and the weather it's either been too hot or too cold. Can't help bad luck.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate he was out of answers after round 4, he's been shuffling the deck chairs of the titanic ever since then.
What if the fix was something that could only occur over an off season?
It's no ones fault it's just been bad luck, oh and the weather it's either been too hot or too cold. Can't help bad luck.
Yet you think our results of the previous two years were just about good luck? You can't have it both ways mate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What if the fix was something that could only occur over an off season?

Yet you think our results of the previous two years were just about good luck? You can't have it both ways mate.
Last year we did have some luck, we won a lot of close games that could of all went the other way. Our poor F/A showed that while we won 16 games we weren't that dominant in a lot of them. I thought we overachieved last year and it give the whole club a false sense of security, I think we came into the season a little cocky and just expected it to happen. And thats on the coaching staff and players. Plus this season we have had bugger all luck.

I agree with Sterlo, right move, poorly executed

i'm not so sure it was the right move

ok it's a good result if it comes off but it's still an unnecessary high risk play when all we need to do is finish off the set and kick to the corner

make THEM roll the dice they are the ones behind on the scoreboard

hindy111

Post Whore

The reason is

Brown missed games. He was influential .

Gutherson,Norman,Moses,Jennings,Bevans,Kings form been way below last seasons.

KE sacked who played a fair role in last years success.

The rest have been simmilar or better form.

Evans a huge flop.And offered nothing

Hayne been solid

And of course loss of Semi

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Last year we did have some luck, we won a lot of close games that could of all went the other way. Our poor F/A showed that while we won 16 games we weren't that dominant in a lot of them. I thought we overachieved last year and it give the whole club a false sense of security, I think we came into the season a little cocky and just expected it to happen. And thats on the coaching staff and players. Plus this season we have had bugger all luck.
Wow so there's good luck, but when there's bad luck it has to be some merkin's fault?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i'm not so sure it was the right move

ok it's a good result if it comes off but it's still an unnecessary high risk play when all we need to do is finish off the set and kick to the corner

make THEM roll the dice they are the ones behind on the scoreboard
It was a kick into space, under no pressure and with no defenders. How is that high risk? Waiting two tackles would've added maybe 15-20 metres, but also added more defenders in the backfield, plus heaps of extra kick pressure.

strider

Post Whore
It was a kick into space, under no pressure and with no defenders. How is that high risk? Waiting two tackles would've added maybe 15-20 metres, but also added more defenders in the backfield, plus heaps of extra kick pressure.
The problem was that he was too close to the 40m and didnt have a simple lead into the kick.

I agree the concept was ok .... but it still was a low percentage play