What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Dragons LIVE game day thread 28/6/18

Bandwagon

Staff member
It was a kick into space, under no pressure and with no defenders. How is that high risk? Waiting two tackles would've added maybe 15-20 metres, but also added more defenders in the backfield, plus heaps of extra kick pressure.

The problem was it was Will Smith, and he just has those moments in his game, too many of them. Always has had, which is why he's a backup

I agree as a tactic the option was on, but I disagree that it was a good option for Smith to take it. He's not the guy you want making clutch plays,

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a kick into space, under no pressure and with no defenders. How is that high risk? Waiting two tackles would've added maybe 15-20 metres, but also added more defenders in the backfield, plus heaps of extra kick pressure.
Under no pressure???

Lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
Under no pressure???

Lol

None whatsoever

They had a leg up after going to 14-18 They were not expecting that kick, they were gunning for hit ups, there was no one back no one running at Smith

He just kicked it badly.

Did L. Mitchell cost the roosters the game by missing a kick in front ?

Smith didn’t cost us this game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
None whatsoever

They had a leg up after going to 14-18 They were not expecting that kick, they were gunning for hit ups, there was no one back no one running at Smith

He just kicked it badly.

We were up by 10 when he came on, two huge errors by him swung the game away from us. He did have some help(Jennings and Taka) but it’s fair to say without his two errors we win the game comfortably.

And of course there was pressure, less than 5 mins to go in a tight game?? To say there was no pressure is BS.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were up by 10 when he came on, two huge errors by him swung the game away from us. He did have some help(Jennings and Taka) but it’s fair to say without his two errors we win the game comfortably.

And of course there was pressure, less than 5 mins to go in a tight game?? To say there was no pressure is BS.
There were no defenders rushing him. That's what is meant by no pressure.

Gronk

Staff member
FMD this thread is a broken record.

They are the worst team in the history of the NRL !

Well actually we went toe-to-toe with the comp leaders and were the better team.

Sack everyone !

Yeah we do need some changes for sure.

Apologist. Sack them all now !

Well some are contracted bro.

LOL you pissants are the reason why this club is f**ked !

Eelogical

Referee
None whatsoever

He just kicked it badly.

Sure he cost us the game. He kicks like a boomer.

but on tackle 5 he wouldn't have been the one taking the kick assuming there was one if the defence was too tight on their line i'd be happy to turn it over 5-10m out rather than risk giving away a seven tackle set

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
but on tackle 5 he wouldn't have been the one taking the kick assuming there was one if the defence was too tight on their line i'd be happy to turn it over 5-10m out rather than risk giving away a seven tackle set
Whoever took the kick would have been under pressure though ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This one found touch, but even a long kick that didn't find touch would've been a great result. Unless MacDonald got there first, palmed French into the stands (because Mennings couldn't be arsed chasing) and raced 100 metres for a try.

I know it found touch but still. Taking an extra 20 metres and 20 seconds off the clock leaves you with a better chance of finding touch in a good position because of the angle. You don't have the possibility of getting the ball back but from where we were I don't like those odds. And we'd already demonstrated the plan, which was to kick for the corners and run the time down. Smith's choice to kick was a deviation.

strider

Post Whore
This one found touch, but even a long kick that didn't find touch would've been a great result. Unless MacDonald got there first, palmed French into the stands (because Mennings couldn't be arsed chasing) and raced 100 metres for a try.
So you are suggesting it was risky and we might have been better served keeping possession as long as we could at that point of the game .... good point - i see where you are coming from

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you are suggesting it was risky and we might have been better served keeping possession as long as we could at that point of the game .... good point - i see where you are coming from
No I agree with Sterlo that the kick carried just the right amount of risk. Unfortunately like any other play it did carry risk and in this case the black swan event struck.

Latest posts