What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Draft and Offseason

shiznit

Coach
The funniest thing about people blaming Adam Silver is that he actually tried to get that influx of TV cash smoothed over instead of the salary spike which allowed GS to sign KD.

It was the players headed by Chris Paul and Lebron who wanted to keep the spike which really allowed this to happen... :joy::joy:

Barkley

Bench
Can’t blame Silver or the league...

What’s he supposed to do? Veto a free agent signing?? because they are too good??

You can’t punish the Warriors for being too good.

This isn’t like Stern vetoing the Chris Paul trade... this is a free agent signing.

f**king sucks for the rest of the league... but you can’t stop a free agent signing because a team will be too good...
Yeah I understand that, I just found this funny.

I just don't see how they can sign someone for three times under their market value. Boogie effectively paid $10m for a ring. Thats one good thing about the NRL, you can't pay massive unders for a player to sign with your team.

Anyway I'm just dirty at this.

T-Boon

Coach
The Warriors would have had the possibility of building a likeable dynasty a couple of years ago now they have just become one of the most hated teams ever.

Wow just absolutely wow, Lakers need to push hard for AD or something to be a chance.

Yeah but since signing Lebron what have the Lakers done? Singed Stephenson, Rondo and Cadwell-Pope for a combined $25.5 million a year contract and let Julius Randle walk. You can't account for front office foolishness.

Barkley

Bench
Yeah but since signing Lebron what have the Lakers done? Singed Stephenson, Rondo and Cadwell-Pope for a combined $25.5 million a year contract and let Julius Randle walk. You can't account for front office foolishness.
And it looks like IT is heading to Orlando which is a good pick up for them.

TBF, Randle was never really on Walton's long term radar.

My "foolishness" comment was more about some of the signings, especially at the values named. For example, Rondo is not the kind of guard the Lakers want and to pay him big money to be a backup (unless they are going to trade Lonzo Ball away). Rondo can create but is a poor shooter.

shaggs

Coach
My "foolishness" comment was more about some of the signings, especially at the values named. For example, Rondo is not the kind of guard the Lakers want and to pay him big money to be a backup (unless they are going to trade Lonzo Ball away). Rondo can create but is a poor shooter.
I reckon they want lonzo gone.

T-Boon

Coach
Rondo can create but is a poor shooter.

Lebron likes him because of his basketball IQ. I think the term I heard him use was "he is cerebral" haha. I reckon after spending too much time with JR Smith the king is going to over compensate by getting smart players around him.

Barkley

Bench
Mello will not be resigning with OKC. Likely destinations are Lakers and Rockets.

Tony Parker is heading to Charlotte on a two year deal.

McLovin

Staff member
Shame. Parker should've retired a Spur.

Melo is walking negative value at this stage. I know LBJ and he have always wanted to play together so i can see him playing for the Lakers. I really hope not though...

shiznit

Coach
Mello will not be resigning with OKC. Likely destinations are Lakers and Rockets.

Tony Parker is heading to Charlotte on a two year deal.
It’s not that Melo isn’t resigning... he actually chose to opt in to his contract for this season instead of leaving.

The issue is OKC didnt want him back... if they waive and stretch him... they save over 100 million in salary and tax for this season.

It was a no brainer for OKC.

They would almost consider keeping him if he would have been open to starting off the bench... but at his exit interview he made it clear he wasn’t having that...

Latest posts