What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonthan Thurston's last game

davi

Juniors
Jonathan Thurston last game of his career almost definitely is at CBUS stadium Gold Coast and a idea has been thrown up to move it up to Townsville so he gets a final farewell. Terrible idea. It would set precedent doing something like this, and its also a thin swipe at the Titans suggesting "you don't get many fans going to your games so why should you care?"

It would be tacky doing something like this, Titans are not out of the finals race yet and already lost a couple of home games from the Commonwealth games. I'm not sure they would be happy playing against a Cowboys team at home looking to put in a big effort for Jonathan Thurston's last one. Just plain stupid.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Should move all remaining cowboy games to Townsville with Thurston getting a slice of the gate takings.

ram raid

Bench
Jonathan Thurston last game of his career almost definitely is at CBUS stadium Gold Coast and a idea has been thrown up to move it up to Townsville so he gets a final farewell. Terrible idea. It would set precedent doing something like this, and its also a thin swipe at the Titans suggesting "you don't get many fans going to your games so why should you care?"

It would be tacky doing something like this, Titans are not out of the finals race yet and already lost a couple of home games from the Commonwealth games. I'm not sure they would be happy playing against a Cowboys team at home looking to put in a big effort for Jonathan Thurston's last one. Just plain stupid.

Well, if they can make it make financial sense to the Titans then maybe they'll be happy move it. If not, Thurston fans will have to make the trip to Robina. to discharge their ejaculate.

beave

Coach

There has been nothing said officially by the cowboys about moving that game to Tvl. If the GC actually moved it, it would be purely to cash in on the crowd up there that it would draw. They shouldn’t move it imo. It’s probably too late as well.

no name

Coach
There has been nothing said officially by the cowboys about moving that game to Tvl. If the GC actually moved it, it would be purely to cash in on the crowd up there that it would draw. They shouldn’t move it imo. It’s probably too late as well.
The only thing I’ve heard about it is Parker blowing up. Was there actually a proposal put forward or is it just a hypothetical?

beave

Coach
The only thing I’ve heard about it is Parker blowing up. Was there actually a proposal put forward or is it just a hypothetical?

No. But it won’t stop the usual suspects carrying on as if Thurston rang the GC and asked them to move it. Because, you know, that wouldn’t be worthy of its own f**king thread.....

butchmcdick

Immortal
I don’t think anyone has seriously suggested moving the match

Looking online there seems to be a fair amount of tickets already sold for the game at CBus

I can’t see how they could move it so late in the piece

moffla

Bench
Thurston went another year. The club offered him another year. The final game of his current contract states Titans away....the risk you take etc