What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale is done

RED73V

Juniors
Jason has been a great stalwart for our club but his speed & defensive errors have cost our club especially in the later part of his career . None more then tonight, with 15 minutes to go we looked good until Jason raced out of the line & missed a crucial tackle in defence & we were beat . His errors alone turned the whole game. I was quite confident until then . Not only should we feel ripped off as fans for the game but McGregor has allowed this to be the norm since the beginning of the season. Admittedly he has finally moved Jason to the bench but it’s costing us games ... I can’t believe it . Any other club/ coach WOULD NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. Do you think Melbourne, Roosters or Cowboys would allow this to happen?? I think not to be successful you need to be realistic & not sentimental. This is one of the major reasons McGregor is not a successful/ decent coach

gonz

Juniors
There was a play just outside their qtr we shifted the back wide flo tried to get outside his man with speed never gonna happen, he got forced back I think passed it inside we lost about 15 Meters they scored next set

nontime111

Juniors
ANY other team in ANY era Nights would be given the tap on the shoulder.....its quiet pathetic that we are SUCH a great team but his weakness is glaring and will cost us games, it is actually suicide now, Mary is too nice, niceness has its place but this is league and its all about winning

Dorsai

Juniors
Your blaming this loss on a winger, who was thrust into playing in the forward pack for the majority of the game?

Yes he made a defensive read error. I can also name about a half dozen others oot there tonight who did much worse that directly resulted in tries. Pinning this on Nightingale is beyond rediculous.

Yes, he is not the player he used to be, but he gives 110% every time he gets on the field. If you are calling him out singularly here, you are being narrow minded. There were others in that last 15 minutes who were not even tackling. Pop them on the blame bus before you crucify Nightingale.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So tell us again what a great coach Mary is.

Straight Shooter
Tell me when I ever said "what a great coach Mary is"?

I will however say that some people on this site including yourself are obsessed with Mary and will take every opportunity to criticise and bag him and blame him for everything that goes wrong on the field.

I was critical of his bench selection before the game and critical of it after the game. I think I am much more balanced than many others on this forum, when it come to appraising Mary.

ouryears

Bench
Your blaming this loss on a winger, who was thrust into playing in the forward pack for the majority of the game?

Yes he made a defensive read error. I can also name about a half dozen others oot there tonight who did much worse that directly resulted in tries. Pinning this on Nightingale is beyond rediculous.

Yes, he is not the player he used to be, but he gives 110% every time he gets on the field. If you are calling him out singularly here, you are being narrow minded. There were others in that last 15 minutes who were not even tackling. Pop them on the blame bus before you crucify Nightingale.
Yes that's true, but also besides the point.
Nighty must RETIRE NOW.

ouryears

Bench
Tell me when I ever said "what a great coach Mary is"?

I will however say that some people on this site including yourself are obsessed with Mary and will take every opportunity to criticise and bag him and blame him for everything that goes wrong on the field.

I was critical of his bench selection before the game and critical of it after the game. I think I am much more balanced than many others on this forum, when it come to appraising Mary.
No more appraisal is needed.
Sack the GIT.
He is not a coaches ass hole.

RED73V

Juniors

There is nothing narrow minded or ridiculous about pointing out two glaring errors by Jason who is such a experienced player at club & representative level. When the game was in the balance with 15 minutes to go it’s his bad decision making that gave the storm the roll on they needed to go on with it . Most other coaches would of hooked him after the first error or at the least reshuffled someone like Kurt Mann into that position

Flow made 37 tackles, yeah he missed a few, but he wasn’t alone there.

Appearantly sitting on a bench on the sideline for 70 minutes a game does not prepare you for playing first grade.
We were found out tonight by a well coached side who realised with so many ISP players in a team we were going to run out of steam towards the end.
Nightingale should never have played 70 minutes in the middle of the defence, our defensive structure was woeful all night, if you noticed the Storm tries it was always different players missing tackles in different positions, it was like the defensive line changed structure every play.
Robson should not have played.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I felt sorry for Nightingale having to play some 65 minutes as a backrower on the edge. He tried his guts out and tackled until he was physically shot. It was too big an ask to put him there in the first place after only getting some short 9 minute stints in the previous weeks.
I thought Mary threw him in temporarily whilst he worked out a better solution and rotation. BTW Sele looks to be carrying some injuries with all the strapping to his body and knee.....he did not seem to play long or contribute much (nobody bagged him...like poor Flo)

Gippsy

Bench
Yep, the choice of bench was puzzling to say the least. We had a pack full of rookies and we pick a small winger and small hooker on the bench??

I spoke to Nighty the night before and he told me the plan was for him to replace Luciano in the back row when he needed a spell. At the time I thought, WTF? Haven't we got another backrower in the club? But, as we know Host went down in the first couple of minutes and poor old Nighty played nearly the whole game in the forwards. In the second half he was totally gassed, and the Storm were running at him at will. He tried his heart out but he was gone and I was screaming for him to be replaced by one of the big boys on the bench.

Bad bench selection and terrible use of the bench.

Latest posts