What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees from Cronulla Game Demoted.

ozenzud

Juniors
From NRL.Com

Officials demoted for missing forward pass

The referee and touch judge at the centre of the controversial decision to award Cronulla the match-winning try against the Warriors last week have been held accountable for the call.

Referee Adam Gee has been demoted to assistant referee, while touch judge Tim Roby hasn’t been given a match this weekend following the forward pass from Ricky Leutele to Edrick Lee that went unnoticed.

I'm sort of happy with that, but doesn't give us the 2 points back.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Gee f**ked over the kiwi fearns as well in their world cup final against the Jillaroos last year. Ill never forget that merkin

Meth

Staff member
There was something incredibly sanctimonious about Gee

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
What a load of shyte. There's only four games this weekend. Of course some of the referees & touchies won't get a game. If they're being held accountable then drop them for a month or something.
The upside is that, the demotion is an admission and 'disciplining' that the refs made a mistake last week that resulted in the Sharks getting the points to win last week at the end of the game.

JJ

Immortal
And ffs, it’s not about the forward pass
This - forward passes like that (unfortunately) get missed week after week - sometimes like this on and

Cronulla losing to Brisbane the result seems to hinge on them - or did in simple terms

But the general incompetence through that game, and many others is worrying

Token gesture I guess with shorten round.

Did the ref or touche in Sharks v Broncos get a similar punishment?

The 2 points the Sharks earned also made it very hard for the teams outside the current top 8 to make it.

sup42

Juniors
At least there was some acknowledgment
I'm of the same mind.
In fact it worries me when there is none.
This is the first time isn't it ? (memory isn't what it was).

Hearing that the touchie was a Kiwi /Canadian made it all the more troubling.

You can't have a NZ official that won't advocate for a fair go when the Local club is playing.

That smacks of either extreme incompetence or more likely fear of performing your role / being seen as impartial.

Perenara reffing the Warriors is a contentious one with many fans of other cubs not liking the Ex Warrior player history (going off topic here but I think Henry goes the other way to prove his impartiality which is what concerned me about the touchie being a kiwi).

It was patently clear Gallen was conducting the Orchestra out there, making a mockery of the new get tough stance by the Refs.

I think it sends a much needed message...finally...that the Refs are not above being called to account.

Will it get our two points back ? no....will it see more judicious objective Reffing of the Warriors moving forward ? Probably.

Refs are people, they talk among themselves they follow the edicts of their leadership.

in the long run i think this event will do the Warriors more favors than the two points in a one off game.

I remember when an NRL Reff Mogsheen Jag-something or rather....made a cock up sending Ali :Lauitiiti off in a game...and was overheard saying when it was pointed out that he had erred ' oh well it's only the Warriors' .....all the bullsht bias against the Warriors disappeared for a couple of very successful seasons (amidst rumors of the Warriors threatening to go to court).

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I remember when an NRL Reff Mogsheen Jag-something or rather...and was overheard saying when it was pointed out that he had erred 'oh well it's only the Warriors'...
Sometimes it seems like that is the mentality of some of these aussie refs. I am surprised that one of them got caught saying it.

Dav0c

Juniors
Will it get our two points back ? no....will it see more judicious objective Reffing of the Warriors moving forward ? Probably.

Refs are people, they talk among themselves they follow the edicts of their leadership.

in the long run i think this event will do the Warriors more favors than the two points in a one off game.

I thought so too until tonight.

I wonder what “punishment” Cummings will get next week?
Nothing as it wasn't last minute and his calls didnt look like it directly cost us the game.

Yet it had an effect of 8 sets back to back for Panthers and took the gas out of us.

What's up with the shoulder charge on Fus in the act of scoring?
Is it allowed?
I understand there is not a lot you can do as defense vs a push. But is it illegal?

Latest posts