What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R17 Fri - Panthers 36-4 Warriors @ Panthers

Round 17: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
I’m not disputing that.

This isn’t a dick measuring contest. I was just responding to claims that our dick was longer than it was.
Warriors didn't give this match the importance it deserved, much like us last week.

OldPanther

Coach
I’m not disputing that.

This isn’t a dick measuring contest. I was just responding to claims that our dick was longer than it was.

With RTS, Johnson, Green, Luke as your spine I though you had pretty good length.

Meth

Staff member
Last night goes to show something- it really doesn’t matter how good your spine is when they are playing behind a completely dominated pack

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
OK so why did he leave, anyway this young kid is more impressive....

He really needed to be beside an experienced half, not a rookie.
He wanted a regular first grade opportunity. Lui is contracted till the end of 19, Maloney 20. The dream team for Penrith would be Lui at 6 and Cleary at 7.

I have that game on VHS. No Simmons either, or MG. Paul Taylor MoM. Played 3 games for us. Chris Mortimer kicking goals and outstanding in general play. Penalty count 15-3 to Raiders. They were missing Clyde, but that's about all.

A similar effort to beat the Broncos at home 18-2 a few weeks later. These were the big 3 that year. Gus had us on fire only to just fall short in the big one.

Paul Taylor broke his collarbone the next week against his old club Parra, and that was the end of his career. Might have made the difference for us but it wasn't to be.

Ah that's right. Paul Taylor! Yes I remember now what a game he had. He definitely would've been our long term fullback had he not broken his collarbone. Thankfully David Greene did a great job for us.

From memory, Steve Carter had a whale of a game during that match

betcats

Referee
He has been pretty average in reserve grade this year. Was average in his test matches for Samoa.

Moylan was similar. Not bad in lower grades. But never a standout before being man of the match on debut.

Some fans did rate him a bit. Butf or me I thought he would be more Will Smith like if given a shot.

He has not been average in reserve grade, he’s playing in a spine of a team that’s leadinv the comp. He was also good for Samoa considering he’d never played in the nrl and the quality of the Samson team he was outstanding. Ridiculous comment.

mxlegend99

Referee
He has not been average in reserve grade, he’s playing in a spine of a team that’s leadinv the comp. He was also good for Samoa considering he’d never played in the nrl and the quality of the Samson team he was outstanding. Ridiculous comment.
Calling him outstanding in matches where he did nothing is ridiculous. Because the team was weak that somehow makes him outstanding?

He was average because he didn't do anything that made him standout from those around him or opposite him.

Tyrone Peachey was part of the spine that took Panthers to first place in the NRL. Would you say he was anything more than average? Cleary was halfback in the NSW team that won the series. Would you say hiz game was anything more than average?

Luai was a fantastic Under 20s player who had shown very little of that form in NSW Cup. We saw glimpses of it. But he wasn't a standout bashing on the door for selection. He was fantastic for us in his NRL halves debut. But thats not thr form he had going jnto the game. Not even close