What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

strider

Post Whore
Mate GPs have their place, but at times I think that they are a jack of all trades and master of none.

I reckon when there is important shit to deal with in life, that you should just deal with experts. My first port of call would be Beyond Blue. Call them and they will talk you through if you have been weaned off the meds correctly. Most importantly they will give you time and respect. Which is what you deserve.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-s...pies/medication-withdrawal-and-feeling-better
Its hard to find a good doctor

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate GPs have their place, but at times I think that they are a jack of all trades and master of none.

I reckon when there is important shit to deal with in life, that you should just deal with experts. My first port of call would be Beyond Blue. Call them and they will talk you through if you have been weaned off the meds correctly. Most importantly they will give you time and respect. Which is what you deserve.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-s...pies/medication-withdrawal-and-feeling-better
Great advice Gronk.

emjaycee

Coach
Anyone here had to put their dog down before? I had to do it yesterday to my dog, was 12 and a half and crap it was the suckiest experience. I see these stories often and people say how shitty it is but man, having to do it was harder than I thought. It's amazing how our furry friends become family and I've been less upset over friends or extended family that die.

About 7 years ago I had to put my wife's dog down (I had to do the deed cause she couldn't) and that was pretty hard. She had it for about 5-6 years I guess.

And then about 18 months ago I had to put my cat down. I got him in mid-2000 as a rescue cause he would bite everyone so no one would take him. I was single when I got him and I had him for about 16 years - longer than my wife and longer than my kid. It was pretty f**king hard to take that trip to the vets let me tell ya. He had been getting sicker for about 12 months and at 18-19 years of age, you don't treat the cause, just any pain. Still miss my old mate.

Snoochies

First Grade
Wow these stories are amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm amazed at how many similar stories there are and how each have all felt the crazy pain that goes with it. I'm just 48 hours later and while I'm better it still sucks. I went out to feed my other dog tonight and not having my old boy run out for his dinner nearly stuck a knife back in the heart.

Well if there is one thing that seems to unite us it's our pets.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Wow these stories are amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. I'm amazed at how many similar stories there are and how each have all felt the crazy pain that goes with it. I'm just 48 hours later and while I'm better it still sucks. I went out to feed my other dog tonight and not having my old boy run out for his dinner nearly stuck a knife back in the heart.

You got any pics of your mate? Sounds like a legend.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyone ever stop taking anxiety medication?

I have a family member who often forgets to get their prescription so they go cold turkey for a few days - and they become a nightmare!!

Really irritable and snappy!! Hardest thing is they hate getting asked if they have been taking their medication, as you can tell when they have stopped taking it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its hard to find a good doctor

When I was early 20s I went to the doctor. Had a pain in my testical.
Drop my pants and he felt my goodies. I was anxious about uno...Getting excited.
Then he says he can feel something and send me for a scan. This time was a female. And now even more anxious.
She rubbed some paste all over me and scanned my testies. I kept it down but I was anxious.
That was a tough week espeicaly the 4 hours waiting for the results.
Most anxious ive been.
Turned out I just was constipated and needed a good shit. The pain from my stomach somehow put strain on my testies.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

I teared up when my dog died. Then had to put him in a wheel barrow dig a hole and bury him.
Everytime i mowed the lawn Id go around him.and think what a great dog he was. He died a warrior. Bit a snakes head off.
Hisnname was Arnold bumstead.FB_IMG_1509796992178.jpg

I have a family member who often forgets to get their prescription so they go cold turkey for a few days - and they become a nightmare!!

Really irritable and snappy!! Hardest thing is they hate getting asked if they have been taking their medication, as you can tell when they have stopped taking it.

grind it up and slip it into their food

hindy111

Post Whore
Ive always wondered if mental Illness is bought on from people living a life their not meant too.
We all live kind of like robots. Lets be serious, know one is born and goes I want to do what doing now. Its just all the bullshit we been fed from media. And we do these things, buy things that someone tells us is worth so much of this thing that we are given(money) by trading our time.
We go on cruise ships, travel world, feel good about thing and feel bad about things we dont even really care about. I am amazed how many people around here are so empathetic about the aboriginals. Yet bar talk about the issue do f**k all about it but let others know they care. Then go and buy there fance beers and trendy shirts.
All these issues and people knowing what is right and wrong but ignoring them for self gratification and pure indulgence must be a head f**k. Doing the same repetitive job and seemingly getting know where bar being able to indulge in activities that someone else told you is fun and would enjoy also must get tiring. And where is everyone getting anyhows other then closer to death.We all seen it, people Carrying on cause have to wait a day or 2 longer for something they dont need. People flapping like dickheads at a restruant cause food took extra 20 mins. No considerstion what the kitchen staff is going through in their own life.
If you think deeply enough about it all your life can be broken down too basically just thoughts and feelings.
And a peacefull warrior is able to control all of them whatever happens in the outside world. The rain doesnt make him sad, the traffic doesnt annoy him.
Anyhows thats my spin
People need to chill the f**k out.
We all get to die anyhows which make everything we do well.....
Kinda not really matter does it?

Ahh time for a tea.:smiley:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry to hear about your dog Snoochies, we had the most loyal amazing dog when I was growing up. She was a blue healer and my best mate.

She got to about 15 and with winter coming on the poor old dear had arthritis that had gotten so bad she could barely walk. Dad decided that we could't have her suffer so me an him took her to the vets to be put down. I'm not ashamed to say I bawled like a baby.

I have a Pug/Jack cross these days and she is a little ripper of a dog, she's 5 and my shadow. Hope she can get to 15 as well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ive always wondered if mental Illness is bought on from people living a life their not meant too.
We all live kind of like robots. Lets be serious, know one is born and goes I want to do what doing now. Its just all the bullshit we been fed from media. And we do these things, buy things that someone tells us is worth so much of this thing that we are given(money) by trading our time.
We go on cruise ships, travel world, feel good about thing and feel bad about things we dont even really care about. I am amazed how many people around here are so empathetic about the aboriginals. Yet bar talk about the issue do f**k all about it but let others know they care. Then go and buy there fance beers and trendy shirts.
All these issues and people knowing what is right and wrong but ignoring them for self gratification and pure indulgence must be a head f**k. Doing the same repetitive job and seemingly getting know where bar being able to indulge in activities that someone else told you is fun and would enjoy also must get tiring. And where is everyone getting anyhows other then closer to death.We all seen it, people Carrying on cause have to wait a day or 2 longer for something they dont need. People flapping like dickheads at a restruant cause food took extra 20 mins. No considerstion what the kitchen staff is going through in their own life.
If you think deeply enough about it all your life can be broken down too basically just thoughts and feelings.
And a peacefull warrior is able to control all of them whatever happens in the outside world. The rain doesnt make him sad, the traffic doesnt annoy him.
Anyhows thats my spin
People need to chill the f**k out.
We all get to die anyhows which make everything we do well.....
Kinda not really matter does it?

Ahh time for a tea.:smiley:

With all due respect, that is a gross oversimplification of mentall illness, and its very real issues.

Latest posts