What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Market

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Keep
Signing
Melbourne
Rejects?
images

images

yQLLGw6puao5amU7fjJM5czYIVFq7NxvwDp_eqs5KCpolN0niuI6rtMBhiZXeBm7Wtf8cqsic833moBE49bfXh-YtnwQuWqRn-wDRI3KaIBvViVxDsWQZ3XmzJA5RUY2eQo7XX0KO14WeWz0VPnkASVArUjVOXsGdgLNV-N5mkuGzpDCcoXldiLCopEdr3k-mHXiwNGE2mN3VympoAvSfXyV7x_DocfyXZ2vgMt6Orruzb3aOybTiSZobCqdHunTWaUzKHEcKBust51iSSy_vjPxSjSpcH5EJaZVd-YXbxw=w313-h469-nc

And if that’s the case, can I please suggest we grab either (or both) of these two:

images

images

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jimmy, not every signing is made to play in a number 1-17 jersey. Its a complex job and depth signings are necessary.
On the whole Millward is doing a fantastic job. Its taken time to build but now we have a cracking side.
I know you would have preferred to keep Rein and not sign McInnes though.
Bless.

I’m unsure as to how many times I’ve stated the following:

1. not once have I indicated that I would have “preferred” Rein over McInnes,

2. by all means have Rein replaced but only for a significant upgrade.

McInnes doesn’t represent this (in my opinion).

But go ahead, let facts get in the way of a good yarn.

I’m glad to know you think Millward’s “depth signings” (which, admittedly, are necessary for contingency) mean he is doing “a fantastic job”,

However, if you examine each one throughly enough, reality suggests something a whole lot different:

1. Latimore: who, despite going through more clubs than Tiger Woods without dominating ANY of them.

McGregor was always going tp play him this year.

2. Nicholls: a 29-year old NRL “virgin” recruited as back up to Hunt,

We all saw last Thursday why it’s taken a decade for him to finally land a gig.

3. Milne: another reserve grade standard player ‘headhunted’ by Millward; the nicest thing you could say is that he had a forgettable stint at SGI,

Considering Milne has failed to play first grade at the Tigers due to some publicised indiscretions, it makes you wonder what qualities piqued Millward’s interest.

4 and 5: Fai Fai Loa/Quinlan; I liked both these two, thought they had some potential, but were let down badly by the ‘coach’.

6. McCrone: when a bloke cannot command a start at the Raiders, and Ricky Stuart doesn’t want you, I would’ve thought this would’ve set of warning bells screaming, “STAY CLEAR”.

Not so with Mr Millward,

To simply accept the above players as “depth” breeds mediocrity. Saints can and should do so much better with recruitment (and retention),

You’re welcome, thank you.

Crush

Coach
I’m unsure as to how many times I’ve stated the following:

1. not once have I indicated that I would have “preferred” Rein over McInnes,

2. by all means have Rein replaced but only for a significant upgrade.

McInnes doesn’t represent this (in my opinion).

But go ahead, let facts get in the way of a good yarn.

I’m glad to know you think Millward’s “depth signings” (which, admittedly, are necessary for contingency) mean he is doing “a fantastic job”,

However, if you examine each one throughly enough, reality suggests something a whole lot different:

1. Latimore: who, despite going through more clubs than Tiger Woods without dominating ANY of them.

McGregor was always going tp play him this year.

2. Nicholls: a 29-year old NRL “virgin” recruited as back up to Hunt,

We all saw last Thursday why it’s taken a decade for him to finally land a gig.

3. Milne: another reserve grade standard player ‘headhunted’ by Millward; the nicest thing you could say is that he had a forgettable stint at SGI,

Considering Milne has failed to play first grade at the Tigers due to some publicised indiscretions, it makes you wonder what qualities piqued Millward’s interest.

4 and 5: Fai Fai Loa/Quinlan; I liked both these two, thought they had some potential, but were let down badly by the ‘coach’.

6. McCrone: when a bloke cannot command a start at the Raiders, and Ricky Stuart doesn’t want you, I would’ve thought this would’ve set of warning bells screaming, “STAY CLEAR”.

Not so with Mr Millward,

To simply accept the above players as “depth” breeds mediocrity. Saints can and should do so much better with recruitment (and retention),

You’re welcome, thank you.
While I enjoy your posts and humour Jimmy I stopped reading this particular post at "McInnes doesn't represent an upgrade on Rein" I couldn't read the screen through the tears of laughter.
Thats a good one.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
While I enjoy your posts and humour Jimmy I stopped reading this particular post at "McInnes doesn't represent an upgrade on Rein" I couldn't read the screen through the tears of laughter.
Thats a good one.

I’m unsure why you felt the need to tell me this.

Anyway, I’m glad you got a laugh, You provided the same emotion with your earlier mistruth.

Cheers.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I counted eight.. but we can call it “five” if you like..

I call that the Waldron system.

Hmm, let’s see. Perhaps I miscounted?

1. “preferred” - this was YOUR word (not mine) and merely highlights a quotation.

2, “fantastic job” - as above,

3. “virgin” - well, isn’t Nicholls one prior to last Thursday’s game?

(Seems reasonable to me)

4. “stay clear” - wouldn’t you do the same if you knew how out-of-his-depth McCrone turned out during 2016?

5. “depth” - refer to points one and two.

Have I missed any? Nope, I don’t believe so.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hmm, let’s see. Perhaps I miscounted?

1. “preferred” - this was YOUR word (not mine) and merely highlights a quotation.

2, “fantastic job” - as above,

3. “virgin” - well, isn’t Nicholls one prior to last Thursday’s game?

(Seems reasonable to me)

4. “stay clear” - wouldn’t you do the same if you knew how out-of-his-depth McCrone turned out during 2016?

5. “depth” - refer to points one and two.

Have I missed any? Nope, I don’t believe so.
Eh? I wasn’t aware that ‘preferred’ was my word..

But.. whilst we’re counting..

You missed:
- “depth signing”
- “coach”
- “headhunted”

#waldron

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Eh? I wasn’t aware that ‘preferred’ was my word..

But.. whilst we’re counting..

You missed:
- “depth signing”
- “coach”
- “headhunted”

#waldron

I need both a computer and (seemingly) a calculator.

Well done, you win.

Gareth67

First Grade
Now I may be wrong, but isn’t Morris on a back ended deal that will see him earning 800k next season? Or is that this season? Not sure?
Anyho, even if the Dogs were to pick up half the 800k, that’s still overpaying.

Agree BGBoots - farrrrrrrr toooooo much . However if it had been only for the rest of this season , well that imo would had be a good buy . Why , Morris would had put some much needed steel in the backline defence and by gad dont we need it . Plus he can still bulldoze his way to the try line and over it .

Would had been worth something , more so come semi final time as the Dragons sadly lack big match experience in the backs and that is something that he has in spades .