What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

davi

Juniors
I saw Ash Taylor play today, and what did I think? He's a great talent but he had a shocker today and he still is a long way off ready for origin in my opinion.

I think Paul Gallan hit the nail on the head you pick the best team. Looking to the future and succession plans are all very well but players have to earn their jumper rather then just be given it.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The more I see of Ash the more I think he may not quite get there. Easily a first grader but just lacks that bit of composure.

A Brett Finch in an era of Johns, Toovey, Hasler, Langer and an emerging Thurston....

The more I see of Ash the more I think he may not quite get there. Easily a first grader but just lacks that bit of composure.

A Brett Finch in an era of Johns, Toovey, Hasler, Langer and an emerging Thurston....
Who would those players be if Taylor was a Brett Finch?

With Holmes and Slater gone, what should the new backline look like?

I'd go with:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans/Ben Hunt

14. Michael Morgan

King hit

Coach
At club level would take Pearce over Ash Taylor any day. Below elite level but consistently top 5 at nrl level easily.

Pearce is a good player who has a premiership ring and 3 minor premierships. Taylor is so overrated it is beyond extreme.

lockyno1

Post Whore

I'd go with:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster

14. Michael Morgan

Please remove Hunt immediately. If he is near that 7 jumper I'm getting to the TAB and smashing NSW. I wish we'd move on from Chambers, exactly how many times do we want Mitchell to give him a bath?

Please remove Hunt immediately. If he is near that 7 jumper I'm getting to the TAB and smashing NSW. I wish we'd move on from Chambers, exactly how many times do we want Mitchell to give him a bath?
Well Cherry-Evans isn't much better. If not Chambers, who else? There's no one out there who can outplay Latrell except maybe Joey Manu.

DCE or give Taylor a go. Either one is fine. Not sure on centres but jeez Chambers is average
Is Taylor ready for that level? And lol I'm sure I was once arguing with you a few years back about DCE and you thought he was the equivalent of Pearce... how times change without Cronk and Thurston. Chambers isn't bad, he's just up against a once in a generation type athlete and there's not much he can do.... not much anyone can do tbh. Remember before the emergence of Latrell, Chambers was a mainstay with the Qld and Australian team with many calling him the best centre in the world.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is Taylor ready for that level? And lol I'm sure I was once arguing with you a few years back about DCE and you thought he was the equivalent of Pearce... how times change without Cronk and Thurston. Chambers isn't bad, he's just up against a once in a generation type athlete and there's not much he can do.... not much anyone can do tbh. Remember before the emergence of Latrell, Chambers was a mainstay with the Qld and Australian team with many calling him the best centre in the world.

I said at the time DCE wasn’t a 2nd half which is what he would have been in a side with Thurston or Cronk. Now he’s able to be the dominant half he suits that role. Much better under pressure than Ben “dropsies” Hunt.

I just feel we should be getting an attacking centre, Chambers drives me mad kicking the ball with overlaps

I said at the time DCE wasn’t a 2nd half which is what he would have been in a side with Thurston or Cronk. Now he’s able to be the dominant half he suits that role. Much better under pressure than Ben “dropsies” Hunt.

I just feel we should be getting an attacking centre, Chambers drives me mad kicking the ball with overlaps
So you think Munster should be the supporting half for DCE? I thought for sure it would have been the other way around!

When did Chambers kick the ball with an overlap?

lockyno1

Post Whore
So you think Munster should be the supporting half for DCE? I thought for sure it would have been the other way around!

When did Chambers kick the ball with an overlap?

Think Munster and DCE work well together, DCE will take most of the playmaking and Munster can run the ball and chime in.

Chamber did that this year!

Pedge1971

First Grade

I'd go with:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster

14. Michael Morgan

Thats a pretty f**king good backline. Could do with less Chambers though...

Latest posts