What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Wyong Roos are in the NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Grand Final on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval against Penrith. They qualified by beating the Warriors 16-12 (which was the scorein the other semi-between the Panthers and Canterbury). For the match report - http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/0...i.af_intrust-super-premiership-nsw_news1.html

The Grand Final is on Sunday 24 September 2017 at Leichhard Oval at 6.45 pm. For details, including other games that are on, have a look here - http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/0...i.af_intrust-super-premiership-nsw_news1.html

Fox Sports 2 will be televising the game live.

Roosters have confirmed Daniel Tupou has picked up a torn pectortal muscle. Expected to be out from 10-12 weeks.

Mitch Aubusson will be fit to play next week.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Roosters have confirmed Daniel Tupou has picked up a torn pectortal muscle. Expected to be out from 10-12 weeks.
In other news, the Roosters announce the signing of little known Melbourne winger Josh Addo-Carr as a replacement on an $85k contract.

A rumour doing the rounds suggesting that the North Sydney Bears may link with the Roosters as their new feeder club, has anybody heard this ?

Just thinking it may explain the fued they’re having with Souths. Rabbits don’t like the idea of getting dumped for Easts so get all upperty about the Carney signing and dump Norths instead?

Anyone know what’s going on with Wyong then? I’m happy to close that chapter if it means not taking games to Gosford anymore. I’d rather we play Titans at NSO

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just thinking it may explain the fued they’re having with Souths. Rabbits don’t like the idea of getting dumped for Easts so get all upperty about the Carney signing and dump Norths instead?

Anyone know what’s going on with Wyong then? I’m happy to close that chapter if it means not taking games to Gosford anymore. I’d rather we play Titans at NSO

The Roosters have committed to playing one game at Gosford for the next 5 years.

kbw

Bench
A mate of mine’s brother in law is on the North’s board apparently and says it’s gonna happen.

as of last week the Roosters hadn't spoken to Norths.
The reak issue between $ouff$ and the bears is $ouff$ are sending them inexperienced halves that are not near up to NSW cup standard and forcing Norths to play them, Norths are sick of it.

there is a huge cloud over Carney playing any way as the QLD club wants big money to release him for what they have paid in relocation.

there are at least 2 other clubs that the roosters are talking to since the wyong board got taken over by the bowling crowd and will not fund the partnership next year

Lambretta

First Grade
Carney is off to England. Souths haven't had a reserve grade side but they will soon so they will cut ties with the Bears sooner or later anyway

I would love to see Norths partner with Easts. As someone who lives in Norths territory and supports Easts that would be awesome

Lambretta

First Grade
If Cronk does decide to retire at the end of this season who will be halfback next year? Connor Watson looks like he will leave Newy and come back to Sydney. So will it be him or Lachlan Lam?

If Cronk does decide to retire at the end of this season who will be halfback next year? Connor Watson looks like he will leave Newy and come back to Sydney. So will it be him or Lachlan Lam?

It won't be Connor Watson. Watson is a running five eight and not an organising halfback which is what we would need if Cronk retired at the end of this season.

H.H

Juniors
as of last week the Roosters hadn't spoken to Norths.
The reak issue between $ouff$ and the bears is $ouff$ are sending them inexperienced halves that are not near up to NSW cup standard and forcing Norths to play them, Norths are sick of it.

there is a huge cloud over Carney playing any way as the QLD club wants big money to release him for what they have paid in relocation.

there are at least 2 other clubs that the roosters are talking to since the wyong board got taken over by the bowling crowd and will not fund the partnership next year
KB, would the Roosters consider running an 'Easts' reserve grade side? I'd love to see it and for home games that don't line up with the NRL team, play them out of Waverley Oval. Would be epic.

Lambretta

First Grade
It won't be Connor Watson. Watson is a running five eight and not an organising halfback which is what we would need if Cronk retired at the end of this season.

I get the feeling that Cronk will stay one more year and nurture Lam into first grade

The source for this is Phil Rothfield's column in The Sunday Telegraph published on Sunday 8 July 2018, but according to him Trent Robinson has reached a handshake agreement with Uncle Nick on a contract extension that will tie him to our club until the end of 2022.

Headless Chook

Juniors
On another note what’s the situation with Cornish? Is he still signed for us and playing Reggie’s? To be honest I haven’t really been following how the Roos have been going but curious nonetheless to see how he’s been going.

kbw

Bench
KB, would the Roosters consider running an 'Easts' reserve grade side? I'd love to see it and for home games that don't line up with the NRL team, play them out of Waverley Oval. Would be epic.

I would not be surprised if talks haven't happended now.
But I would prefer to see Easts NSW Cup playing too

Latest posts