What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

azzah72

Bench
Barry.

The Bill Hader starring show about a contract killer wanting to have a crack at acting.

I went in thinking it would be a bit of a goofy comedy but it ended up being a pretty well written, intriguing show.

Really enjoyed it.

Kinda has a breaking bad or Ozark vibe about it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watched The Alienist on Netflix

Don’t let the title fool you, it’s not sci-fi

Kinda like a 19th century Criminal Minds. Took until the 3rd episode to grab me but then held tight. Was surprisingly tense, had some real spine tingling moments.

If you like The Killing, The Fall, The Bridge etc you’ll love this

mackdadday

Juniors
Barry. Holy Gibbleballs this is good. I put on the first episode because Bill Hader is the star and i ended up watching the whole season back to back. The show is about a hitman who wants to turn actor and find peace in life but has a hard time getting away from his old lifestyle. Funny, jarring and very dark indeed. Just 8 30 minutes episodes. My hands were shaking at times moving from episode to episode. If you liked Dexter or Breaking Bad then its a show for you. 9/10.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Barry. Holy Gibbleballs this is good. I put on the first episode because Bill Hader is the star and i ended up watching the whole season back to back. The show is about a hitman who wants to turn actor and find peace in life but has a hard time getting away from his old lifestyle. Funny, jarring and very dark indeed. Just 8 30 minutes episodes. My hands were shaking at times moving from episode to episode. If you liked Dexter or Breaking Bad then its a show for you. 9/10.

Very good shows. Binged it on Saturday. Well worth a watch.

Also watched a British drama Collateral. Another worth a watch. 4 eps as it's a mini series. But I thought it was very well made.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Been watching ‘Safe’ on Netflix. About a teenage girl who goes missing in a gated community staring the dude from Dexter. Very, very addictive. There’s twists and new suspects/storylines popping up all the time. Every episode ends on a new big bit of info which makes it nearly impossible not to watch the next one.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Season 3 of Animal Kingdom is finally out on Netflix. Haven't watched it yet but hope it carries on an upwards trajectory

Assassination of Gianni Versace

Not as good as the OJ series but pretty addictive. A story certainly worthy of the 'Only in America' stigma.

azzah72

Bench
Future Man on Foxtel.

Pretty funny, written and directed by Seth Rogen.

If you like the type of Comedy, you'll like this.

Plus, Eliza coupe is a fav of mine.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Started watching ‘Money Heist’

Pretty cool, Oceans 11 style series. It’s Spanish and they’ve dubbed it which holds it back but 3 episodes in and liking it.

Last edited:

mackdadday

Juniors
Watched the first few episodes of blackadder on youtube. So bloody hilarious and silly. Such a great cast of ridiculous characters.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Tin Star with Tim Roth playing the lead.

Slow burner that after 3 slow eps, really has blossomed into a great show. Not quite as good as Fargo, but similar in it's endeavours.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Watched patrick melrose. Quite a good show. Only 5 eps all up. Quick one to get through if you like a bit of family drama (ie hate your parents).

Timbo

Staff member
Just finished Happy! on Netflix.

My favourite show so far this year. Something like Bad Santa meets Sin City meets Roger Rabbit.

That was definitely a bonkers show and I couldn't stop watching it.

It ended up pretty good.

Just stumbled across this myself - every time you thought it;d been notched up to eleven, nope, lets kick it up some more.

Insane in the best possible way.

Latest posts