What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Market

RufusRex

Post Whore
Agree BGBoots - farrrrrrrr toooooo much . However if it had been only for the rest of this season , well that imo would had be a good buy . Why , Morris would had put some much needed steel in the backline defence and by gad dont we need it . Plus he can still bulldoze his way to the try line and over it .

Would had been worth something , more so come semi final time as the Dragons sadly lack big match experience in the backs and that is something that he has in spades .

hmmmm

1-7 from our current picks

GF Wins - Widdop
GF Losses - Ben Hunt/Tim Lafai
Other semi finals - Kurt Mann/Nene McDonald/Euan Aitken
No Experience - Matt Duffty

So 6 of the 7 have finals experience, 3 have GF experience, 1 has a GF Win
5 of the 7 have international experience though some are minor nations

Its not as good as 2010 when all had played finals and Boyd had won one but they are not "sadly lacking" big game experience .. just not as good as it could/should have been (f**k you last year)

Drag Queen

Bench
Agree BGBoots - farrrrrrrr toooooo much . However if it had been only for the rest of this season , well that imo would had be a good buy . Why , Morris would had put some much needed steel in the backline defence and by gad dont we need it . Plus he can still bulldoze his way to the try line and over it .

Would had been worth something , more so come semi final time as the Dragons sadly lack big match experience in the backs and that is something that he has in spades .
He had a horror year last season with injuries but hell he's looked the goods this season. Hard to fault. I'll probably get shot down for this but I think Brett and Josh have been the Dog's stand out players this season. I'd definitely have him back on a one year contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
hmmmm

1-7 from our current picks

GF Wins - Widdop
GF Losses - Ben Hunt/Tim Lafai
Other semi finals - Kurt Mann/Nene McDonald/Euan Aitken
No Experience - Matt Duffty

So 6 of the 7 have finals experience, 3 have GF experience, 1 has a GF Win
5 of the 7 have international experience though some are minor nations

Its not as good as 2010 when all had played finals and Boyd had won one but they are not "sadly lacking" big game experience .. just not as good as it could/should have been (f**k you last year)

Going by your stats i have indeed been wrong , however perhaps the point should had been the improvement in defence , as he very rarely misses his man . That plus he can take the load of a tiring forward pack - the man goes looking for work . However this is all hypothetical now as by the looks he wont be back .

Must say you do have me rather confused with the end of your post - ( f**k you last year ) ? ?

hazzbeen

Bench
Going by your stats i have indeed been wrong , however perhaps the point should had been the improvement in defence , as he very rarely misses his man . That plus he can take the load of a tiring forward pack - the man goes looking for work . However this is all hypothetical now as by the looks he wont be back .

Must say you do have me rather confused with the end of your post - ( f**k you last year ) ? ?
Maybe means F**k him for its his last year ?????

Gareth67

First Grade
nah … just a general f**k you to the dragons for losing that last game to the doggies last year … we win that and we have a lot more semi final experience in the team.

Thank f**k for that ! I was just about to set my hogs onto you .:blush:

getsmarty

Immortal
DRAGONS

2018 squad: Ben Hunt (2022), Blake Lawrie (2019), Cameron McInnes (2018), Darren Nicholls (2019), Euan Aitken (2020), Gareth Widdop (2021), Hame Sele (2018), Jack De Belin (2020), Jacob Host (2020), Jai Field (2019), James Graham (2020), Jason Nightingale (2018), Jeremy Latimore (2018), Josh Kerr (2018), Kurt Mann (2019), Leeson Ah Mau (2018), Luciano Leilua (2018), Matt Dufty (2018), Mitchell Allgood (2018), Nene Macdonald (2019), Patrick Herbert (2018), Paul Vaughan (2021), Reece Robson (2019), Reuben Garrick (2018), Jordan Pereira (2018), Steven Marsters (2019), Tariq Sims (2019), Tim Lafai (2020), Tristan Sailor (2019), Tyson Frizell (2020), Zac Lomax (2019)

Off-contract: Leeson Ah Mau, Reuben Garrick, Patrick Herbert, Jeremy Latimore, Jason Nightingale, Ash Nisbet, Jordan Pereira, Hame Sele, Mitchell Allgood

Coach: Paul McGregor (until 2019)

New deal: Cameron McInnes (until 2021), Luciano Leilua (until 2020), Matt Dufty (until 2019), Joe Lovodua (until 2019), Josh Kerr (until 2019)

Leaving: Joel Thompson (pre-season 2018 to Manly until 2019), Leeson Ah Mau (to Warriors from 2019 to 2021)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4899c8762725b9945c11d93b40546fe1

Frank Facer

First Grade
Bennett has named Pangai Junior on the bench again. I think he is their best forward and should definitely be in their starting line up. I am wondering if the fact that he hasn't officially resigned with Brisbane and is named on the bench may be an indication that Pangai Junior may be headed to another club next season? If so, I hope it is us. Just a bit of food for thought.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Bennett has named Pangai Junior on the bench again. I think he is their best forward and should definitely be in their starting line up. I am wondering if the fact that he hasn't officially resigned with Brisbane and is named on the bench may be an indication that Pangai Junior may be headed to another club next season? If so, I hope it is us. Just a bit of food for thought.
We named Kurt Mann on the bench.

He must be off to Canterbury

Frank Facer

First Grade
We named Kurt Mann on the bench.

He must be off to Canterbury
If Mary actually does play Mann on the bench this week and continues to do so, then I wouldn't blame him one bit if he looked for a permanent first grade spot elsewhere.

As I said, I think Pangai is Brisbane's best forward. If I was selecting their team, he would be the first forward picked. If he isn't staying in Brisbane, then maybe that would explain why Bennett isn't picking him in the starting line up. He was on the bench last week too.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As I said, I think Pangai is Brisbane's best forward. If I was selecting their team, he would be the first forward picked.
true.. these are your thoughts..

but perhaps wayne doesn't share your view..

Frank Facer

First Grade
Bennett has 7 premiership rings.

I think that adds weight to his perceptions vs yours..
Yeah, and 6 of those premiership rings were when he had more than a full team of representative players. If I coached Brisbane for the first 18 years that Bennett coached them with the players he had, I would have jewellery box full premiership rings. I would be known as the greatest coach ever. You would have even had a collection of premiership rings if you had coached Brisbane for those 18 years. Funny that Bennett hasn't added to his collection of premiership rings since 2011. I doubt that he will be adding any more to his collection in the future either.

So do you think that Glenn, Thaiday, S'ua and Lodge are all better than Pangai Junior? Do you think that any of them are better than Pangai Junior? What is your view?

Belta

Juniors
Could it be the case that some coaches see thier team benefit more having certain forwards coming off the bench?

Is a forward picked continuously on the bench seen as less valuable to your team than your starting five?

I think of Ah Mau when I ask these questions. If Ah Mau had not signed with the Warriors would he receive less interest from clubs because of the fact he was rarely picked as a starting forward?

And finally, does a forward really mind being permanently picked as a sub each week?

Who knows perhaps it was a unpublicised reason for Ah Mau leaving. I believe family was the main reason. It would be interesting, however, to be mind reader and answer this, or even a fly on the wall to hear in house conversations between Ah Mau and Mary over his departure. Perhaps an interesting area of debate or maybe a ‘nothing to see hear people, move-a-long’ myth.

If there is something in this argument than perhaps TPJ could be disgruntled and if so I really hope we are one of the clubs chasing him.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Could it be the case that some coaches see thier team benefit more having certain forwards coming off the bench?

Is a forward picked continuously on the bench seen as less valuable to your team than your starting five?

I think of Ah Mau when I ask these questions. If Ah Mau had not signed with the Warriors would he receive less interest from clubs because of the fact he was rarely picked as a starting forward?

And finally, does a forward really mind being permanently picked as a sub each week?

Who knows perhaps it was a unpublicised reason for Ah Mau leaving. I believe family was the main reason. It would be interesting, however, to be mind reader and answer this, or even a fly on the wall to hear in house conversations between Ah Mau and Mary over his departure. Perhaps an interesting area of debate or maybe a ‘nothing to see hear people, move-a-long’ myth.

If there is something in this argument than perhaps TPJ could be disgruntled and if so I really hope we are one of the clubs chasing him.
I know that Supercoach isn't everything when assessing a players performance, but when Pangai has been starting in games he is scoring very well, but when he is coming off the bench, his scores are often much lower, than when he is starting. I was set to put him in my team last week, for the rest of the season, but when he was named on the bench, I decided against buying him last week. I have already got him penciled in for my next year's team as a keeper, as long as he is starting.

I too hope that we are one of the clubs chasing his signature. I hope that we already have him signed and sealed, but are keeping it under wraps until Brisbane are out of the competition. I can dream.

Belta

Juniors
Frank Facer said;

“I know that Supercoach isn't everything when assessing a players performance, but when Pangai has been starting in games he is scoring very well, but when he is coming off the bench, his scores are often much lower, than when he is starting. I was set to put him in my team last week, for the rest of the season, but when he was named on the bench, I decided against buying him last week. I have already got him penciled in for my next year's team as a keeper, as long as he is starting.

I too hope that we are one of the clubs chasing his signature. I hope that we already have him signed and sealed, but are keeping it under wraps until Brisbane are out of the competition. I can dream.”

I have to be honest and confess my ignorance in relation to the Fantasy League, but I’m with you in hoping we have a quality forward signed (or at least ear marked) if not TPJ than Klemmer it Tapau will do. Got a gut feeling we don’t though, unlike many other clubs I hear crickets coming out of the Dragons recruitment office

Latest posts