What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Updates

epDragon62

First Grade
HPU make recommendations to the head coach (as in mary).
Mary had the final say with all calls.
So he has to lisen then make a decision and there lies the problem.
If they let the head medical staff make all decions.
It would work out better for all concerned.
I can tell you that jdb sould have rested for 2 weeks.
Hunt the same but with hunt coping a cork(in the penrith game) on the same spot as before.
Was just unlucky.
Didn't like Pickworth body language.

Looks like a guy under immense pressure regarding various players who were injured prior to SOO commitments.

SOO medical staff will evaluate further various guys who have gone in to camp.

Hope he hasn't allowed players and Mary to influence his decision making on whether to rule players out of games.
Having watched the clip, don’t agree about the body language at all.

It is clear Picky has been guided by the coaching staff, I’m not suggesting otherwise, I just don’t see that he is under excessive pressure from that interview.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
any updates on Lomax? Still round 20?

Probably rules him out of any meaningful 1st grade this year.

Yeah I agree we probably wont see him in 1st grade (playing) until 2019, shame really but thats football. Herbert seems now the most likely back to get an opportunity given his selection in the 21 now.
With Nene and Lafai probably playing in the Pacific tests next weekend, Herbert is the most (and best at this stage) to fill in if needed.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yeah I agree we probably wont see him in 1st grade (playing) until 2019, shame really but thats football. Herbert seems now the most likely back to get an opportunity given his selection in the 21 now.
With Nene and Lafai probably playing in the Pacific tests next weekend, Herbert is the most (and best at this stage) to fill in if needed.

Agree we will also lose LAM as well.
With RGC breaking his jaw Sims will get a run as well.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
SMAI High Performance Update: Round 18
St George Illawarra Dragons' Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth gives us an update on Jacob Host, following an injury sustained in Round 17, as well as an update on Mitch Allgood's recovery.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/11/smai-high-performance-update-round-18/

This would have to be the funniest HPU we've recieved.
Said alot about nothing.
Employing the KAOS cone of silence ready for a suprise on Sunday to deceive the opposition.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
This would have to be the funniest HPU we've recieved.
Said alot about nothing.
Employing the KAOS cone of silence ready for a suprise on Sunday to deceive the opposition.

Dragonslayer
Re host out at least 4 week but could be up to 8 week.
Because you have to wait for the swelling to stop wich can talk 4 or 5 days.
To be able to see full damage if any to ligaments ect.
The reason why nothing was said about nrl player is because they have only had recovery and tomorrow will be training ect.

Como Connection

First Grade
Dragonslayer
Re host out at least 4 week but could be up to 8 week.
Because you have to wait for the swelling to stop wich can talk 4 or 5 days.
To be able to see full damage if any to ligaments ect.
The reason why nothing was said about nrl player is because they have only had recovery and tomorrow will be training ect.
Samy I reckon you should apply for the CEO.
Good information regularly.
CC